Void Walker NM Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Void Walker NM Guide
Void Walker NM Guide
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
Posts: 2849
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-27 07:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I figured that ppl could post here what they have killed, where they found them. What it drops (if anything), along with other useful info.

*Aither Tier 1 VWNM

Wind elemental monster.

Gave 138 exp while duoing at 75. Didnt drop anything. Spawned it while camping Deadly Dodo in Sauromugue Champaign. It was a troublesome duo for NIN/RNG x2 since it casts Aeroaga III and silence. Hit for 150ish plus the additional wind dmg from en-aero

*Gjenganger Tier 1 VWNM

Ghost type of monster.

Also gave 138 exp while duoing at 75. Has very potent ice spikes, seems very resistant, possible immune to ninjutsu enfeeb. Uses Ghost abilities such as curse, sleepga. Easily duo NIN/RNG and NIN/DNC. Didnt drop anything, but made my clear abyssite into a colorful abyssite. Spawned it in J-8 in Beaucedine Glacier.
 Siren.Talonn
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 271
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-27 07:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Verthandi Path:
-Tier 4: Yilbegan (Wyrm HNM)
-Tier 3: Verthandi (Pixie HNM)
-Tier 2: Urd (Pixie NM) or Skuld (Pixie NM)
-Tier 1: Aither, Deorc, Eorthe, Puretos, Pruina, Beoht, Thunor, Lacus (8 Elemental NMs)

Zones: Rolanberry Fields/Rolanberry Fields /Batallia Downs/Batallia Downs /Sauromugue Champaign/Sauromugue Champaign

Krabkatoa Path:
-Tier 4: Yilbegan (Wyrm HNM)
-Tier 3: Krabkatoa (Crab HNM)
-Tier 2: Capricornus (Pugil NM) or Yacumama (Devil Manta NM)
-Tier 1: Quagmire Pugil (Pugil NM) or Sunderclaw (Crab NM)

Zones: East Ronfaure/East Ronfaure /Jugner Forest/Jugner Forest

Blobdingnag Path:
-Tier 4: Yilbegan (Wyrm HNM)
-Tier 3: Blobdingnag (Slime HNM)
-Tier 2: Lamprey Lord (Leech NM) or Shoggoth (Hecteyes NM)
-Tier 1: Ground Guzzler (Worm NM) or Globster (Slime NM)

Zones: North Gustaberg/North Gustaberg /Pashhow Marshlands/Pashhow Marshlands

Orcus Path:
-Tier 4: Yilbegan (Wyrm HNM)
-Tier 3: Orcus (Antlion HNM)
-Tier 2: Jyeshtha (Scorpion NM) or Farruca Fly (Damselfly NM)
-Tier 1: Raker Bee (Bee NM) or Rummager Beetle (Beetle NM)

Zones: West Sarutabaruta/West Sarutabaruta /Meriphataud Mountains/Meriphataud Mountains

Lord Ruthven Path:
-Tier 4: Yilbegan (Wyrm HNM)
-Tier 3: Lord Ruthven (Vampyr HNM)
-Tier 2: Feuerunke (Toad NM) or Erebus
-Tier 1: Gjenganger (Ghost NM) or Gorehound (Hound NM)

Zones: Beaucedine Glacier/Beaucedine Glacier /Xarcabard/Xarcabard

PS: Not sure why its 1/2 crossed out. Copy Paste from BG guide.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
Posts: 2849
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-27 07:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Siren.Talonn said:
Verthandi Path:
-Tier 4: Yilbegan (Wyrm HNM)
-Tier 3: Verthandi (Pixie HNM)
-Tier 2: Urd (Pixie NM) or Skuld (Pixie NM)
-Tier 1: Aither, Deorc, Eorthe, Puretos, Pruina, Beoht, Thunor, Lacus (8 Elemental NMs)

Zones: Rolanberry Fields/Rolanberry Fields (S)/Batallia Downs/Batallia Downs (S)/Sauromugue Champaign/Sauromugue Champaign (S)

Krabkatoa Path:
-Tier 4: Yilbegan (Wyrm HNM)
-Tier 3: Krabkatoa (Crab HNM)
-Tier 2: Capricornus (Pugil NM) or Yacumama (Devil Manta NM)
-Tier 1: Quagmire Pugil (Pugil NM) or Sunderclaw (Crab NM)

Zones: East Ronfaure/East Ronfaure (S)/Jugner Forest/Jugner Forest (S)

Blobdingnag Path:
-Tier 4: Yilbegan (Wyrm HNM)
-Tier 3: Blobdingnag (Slime HNM)
-Tier 2: Lamprey Lord (Leech NM) or Shoggoth (Hecteyes NM)
-Tier 1: Ground Guzzler (Worm NM) or Globster (Slime NM)

Zones: North Gustaberg/North Gustaberg (S)/Pashhow Marshlands/Pashhow Marshlands (S)

Orcus Path:
-Tier 4: Yilbegan (Wyrm HNM)
-Tier 3: Orcus (Antlion HNM)
-Tier 2: Jyeshtha (Scorpion NM) or Farruca Fly (Damselfly NM)
-Tier 1: Raker Bee (Bee NM) or Rummager Beetle (Beetle NM)

Zones: West Sarutabaruta/West Sarutabaruta (S)/Meriphataud Mountains/Meriphataud Mountains (S)

Lord Ruthven Path:
-Tier 4: Yilbegan (Wyrm HNM)
-Tier 3: Lord Ruthven (Vampyr HNM)
-Tier 2: Feuerunke (Toad NM) or Erebus
-Tier 1: Gjenganger (Ghost NM) or Gorehound (Hound NM)

Zones: Beaucedine Glacier/Beaucedine Glacier (S)/Xarcabard/Xarcabard (S)

PS: Not sure why its 1/2 crossed out. Copy Paste from BG guide.

fixed it for you
 Siren.Talonn
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 271
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-27 07:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
ahh thank you.... didn't know what was up with that :\ and didn't wanna retype it.

Thats just like a starter i guess for people. No frequent checks to BG.

Tier 1: Can kill any tier 1 in any area to get Colourful Abyssite.
Tier 2: this will determine your Tier 3 pops. A colour will be determined if depending on which Tier 2 you kill. IE Fight T2 in East Ron. you will get blue, blue pops Krabkatoa. This means you will fight Krabkatoa with that players pop.
Tier 3: A bit harder than T2's and require bit more a strategy. You pop item may or may not break on pop. If it doesn't break then you will be T4 pop.
Tier 4: (so Far) the last stage for VNM. (seems rather short in my mind). So people claim its easy, some claim its hard. Can be popped in and VNM zone.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
Posts: 2849
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-27 08:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anyone have an idea if you can get a new clear abyssite while have another abyssite with color on it? Since doing the weapin trials require you kill T2 VNM's several times. Seems like alot of work if you have to go all the way and kill T3 and/or T4 in order to start over again.
 Siren.Talonn
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 271
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-27 08:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Anyone have an idea if you can get a new clear abyssite while have another abyssite with color on it? Since doing the weapin trials require you kill T2 VNM's several times. Seems like alot of work if you have to go all the way and kill T3 and/or T4 in order to start over again.
Yes you can have all of the tier pops in your Key item inventory at once. Its just very hard to due.
IE:
Inventory - Colourful + clear
when you /heal in the proper zone, the colourful keyitem will give you a reading, not the lower tier one. This will make it hard to find another T1 NM to pop. That being said, since these are 'key item' pop items, you cannot have 2 of the same, which is most likely why only the higher tier tracks.
 Carbuncle.Gilster
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Gilster
Posts: 147
By Carbuncle.Gilster 2010-03-27 08:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Siren.Talonn said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Anyone have an idea if you can get a new clear abyssite while have another abyssite with color on it? Since doing the weapin trials require you kill T2 VNM's several times. Seems like alot of work if you have to go all the way and kill T3 and/or T4 in order to start over again.
Yes you can have all of the tier pops in your Key item inventory at once. Its just very hard to due. IE: Inventory - Colourful clear when you /heal in the proper zone, the colourful keyitem will give you a reading, not the lower tier one. This will make it hard to find another T1 NM to pop. That being said, since these are 'key item' pop items, you cannot have 2 of the same, which is most likely why only the higher tier tracks.
I tried this w/Colourful + Clear and i did get the reading w/Colourful but it was readings for the Tier I and not II
 Fenrir.Vacian
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Vacian
Posts: 106
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-27 08:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Any info on drops? I was told its the tier 3 that drop the new rare/ex rings. Been drooling over that dex ring for a couple days now
 Odin.Mikumaru
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
Posts: 159
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-03-27 08:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
this system seems like a slightly less time consuming version of ZNM . that chart will be helpful fer sher . does it seem the path taken to Yalbegan affects his drops ?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
Posts: 2849
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-27 08:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Vacian said:
Any info on drops? I was told its the tier 3 that drop the new rare/ex rings. Been drooling over that dex ring for a couple days now


The rings drops from T3 & T4

here's a link to NM's and their drops. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Voidwalker_Notorious_Monsters
 Siren.Talonn
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 271
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-27 09:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Vacian said:
Any info on drops? I was told its the tier 3 that drop the new rare/ex rings. Been drooling over that dex ring for a couple days now
No word on the DEX ring yet as far as i have seen/heard

STR ring -> Lord Ruthven
CHR ring -> Pixie T3
INT Ring -> T4 Wyrm
VIT Ring -> Orcus
AGI Ring -> Blobd(whatever) Slime guy
MND Ring -> Krabkatoa
DEX Ring -> ???
 Siren.Talonn
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 271
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-27 09:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Carbuncle.Gilster said:
Siren.Talonn said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Anyone have an idea if you can get a new clear abyssite while have another abyssite with color on it? Since doing the weapin trials require you kill T2 VNM's several times. Seems like alot of work if you have to go all the way and kill T3 and/or T4 in order to start over again.
Yes you can have all of the tier pops in your Key item inventory at once. Its just very hard to due. IE: Inventory - Colourful clear when you /heal in the proper zone, the colourful keyitem will give you a reading, not the lower tier one. This will make it hard to find another T1 NM to pop. That being said, since these are 'key item' pop items, you cannot have 2 of the same, which is most likely why only the higher tier tracks.
I tried this w/Colourful Clear and i did get the reading w/Colourful but it was readings for the Tier I and not II
hmm thats interesting. Guess its chancy pop solo if you have both and are hoping for T1 lol
 Fenrir.Vacian
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Vacian
Posts: 106
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-27 09:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Zilant Ring missing from that list, if anyone knows what it drops from info would be nice
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Chasuro
Posts: 1917
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-03-27 09:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Verthandi dropped an ammo slot item.

HP +30 CHR +1 Dark element resist -30
lvl.75 All Jobs
 Carbuncle.Gilster
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Gilster
Posts: 147
By Carbuncle.Gilster 2010-03-27 09:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
oh and tier eles can b soloed by a blm/nin able to get off 2nukes D:
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Chasuro
Posts: 1917
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-03-27 09:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Carbuncle.Gilster said:
oh and tier eles can b soloed by a blm/nin able to get off 2nukes D:

Or summoner using magic blood pact.

Heavenly Strike and Wind Blade do up to 1900 damage.
 Bismarck.Altar
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
Posts: 1676
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-27 09:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Siren.Talonn said:
Fenrir.Vacian said:
Any info on drops? I was told its the tier 3 that drop the new rare/ex rings. Been drooling over that dex ring for a couple days now
No word on the DEX ring yet as far as i have seen/heard

STR ring -> Lord Ruthven
CHR ring -> Pixie T3
INT Ring -> T4 Wyrm
VIT Ring -> Orcus
AGI Ring -> Blobd(whatever) Slime guy
MND Ring -> Krabkatoa
DEX Ring -> ???

Currently believed to be (rare?) drop from T4 vnm ... but nobody has seen it yet.
 Siren.Talonn
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 271
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-27 09:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Altar said:
Siren.Talonn said:
Fenrir.Vacian said:
Any info on drops? I was told its the tier 3 that drop the new rare/ex rings. Been drooling over that dex ring for a couple days now
No word on the DEX ring yet as far as i have seen/heard

STR ring -> Lord Ruthven
CHR ring -> Pixie T3
INT Ring -> T4 Wyrm
VIT Ring -> Orcus
AGI Ring -> Blobd(whatever) Slime guy
MND Ring -> Krabkatoa
DEX Ring -> ???

Currently believed to be (rare?) drop from T4 vnm ... but nobody has seen it yet.
From VNM yes, just no report drop yet ^^
 Fenrir.Vacian
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Vacian
Posts: 106
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-27 12:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Siren.Talonn said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Siren.Talonn said:
Fenrir.Vacian said:
Any info on drops? I was told its the tier 3 that drop the new rare/ex rings. Been drooling over that dex ring for a couple days now
No word on the DEX ring yet as far as i have seen/heard

STR ring -> Lord Ruthven
CHR ring -> Pixie T3
INT Ring -> T4 Wyrm
VIT Ring -> Orcus
AGI Ring -> Blobd(whatever) Slime guy
MND Ring -> Krabkatoa
DEX Ring -> ???

Currently believed to be (rare?) drop from T4 vnm ... but nobody has seen it yet.
From VNM yes, just no report drop yet ^^

lols missed that in your post, well another one of the new items that a wait and see
 Odin.Blazza
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
Posts: 6473
By Odin.Blazza 2010-03-27 19:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Carbuncle.Gilster said:
oh and tier eles can b soloed by a blm/nin able to get off 2nukes D:
Solo'd about 15 as rdm/nin, usually takes 4 TIII's. They do use ga occasionally though (especially the water ele with poisonga II) which can make it rough. They don't hit super hard but attack pretty fast. Since going /nin only once did I really have any issues and almost died.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
Posts: 40469
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-27 19:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
*** 4 TIIIs.... I'd just say F it and chainspell half the time lol
 Lakshmi.Holman
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: holman
Posts: 240
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-27 19:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Does anyone have a good strat for any tIII or wyrm?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
Posts: 20284
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-03-27 20:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I only just tried this out. So far duo'd quite easily 2 pugs and 1 crab in jugner for tier I. No change in color yet and got 198 exp each time. How many tier 1's do you need to get to tier II?

WHM was able to land slow and paralyze about 67% of the time on these NMs.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
Posts: 40469
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-27 20:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
From all I've read it's kinda random. Sometimes it can be only 1 sometimes it's 10.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
Posts: 20284
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-03-27 20:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ramuh.Dasva said:
From all I've read it's kinda random. Sometimes it can be only 1 sometimes it's 10.
Wonder if 10 is like the max then. Would be nice to know if its 1 <= x <= 10 or something like that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
Posts: 40469
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-27 20:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
From all I've read it's kinda random. Sometimes it can be only 1 sometimes it's 10.
Wonder if 10 is like the max then. Would be nice to know if its 1 <= x <= 10 or something like that.
YEah people thought that about that ix'drk for awhile till someone actually fought it thru like 70+ RRs lol and SE said working as intended
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
Posts: 20284
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-03-27 20:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
lmao!

BTW I wouldn't recommend taking on the eles unless you have a blm sch or similar with you. We tried to duo the water one with PLD and WHM got it down to about 16% at which time it just spams Flood and Waterga III. Shield bash won't interrupt it either.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Offline
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
Posts: 40469
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-27 21:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Blazza just said 4 T3 on rdm... think doing that would be a tad easier than on blm. Especially blowing my 2hr
 Asura.Calatilla
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
Posts: 2507
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-03-27 22:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
From all I've read it's kinda random. Sometimes it can be only 1 sometimes it's 10.
Wonder if 10 is like the max then. Would be nice to know if its 1 <= x <= 10 or something like that.
YEah people thought that about that ix'drk for awhile till someone actually fought it thru like 70 RRs lol and SE said working as intended


I`ve killed 6 Quagmire Pugils and 4 Sunderclaw and mine still has`nt change, I think its broken -.-
First Page 2
Log in to post.