New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Odd Request about Roc
Odd Request about Roc
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vyenpakakapaka 2010-03-26 20:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I could just go out there and /shout or whatever, but once you see my request you'll see why I think people would look and say "yeah, -right-!" and not hear me out.

I made myself a promise a long time ago in this game. If I ever got the title 'Roc Star' I'd stop whatever I was doing and level Bard, and vice versa: if bard ever got to be 70+ I'd stop and get the title 'Roc Star.'

The problem is that people really, really want the Roc NM. Not for the title, but the drops. Maybe if I post here, rather than just going out there askin' this, it might go over a little better...

I don't wanna deprive someone who needs it of the staff, and while I"d love to cash in on a pair of Trotter Boots, I don't want to fight for claim of the NM, much less now that people going after the Magian NM will be up there as well. If you'll invite me in for the fight -- I'll come on BRD or DNC or whatever job would help out most on the fight -- I won't complain one second if you immediately boot me after the NM dies. Keep the drops. Really! I can live with that. Honest to goodness, I just want the title outta this.

So if you guys are out there for Magian quest and getting Roc, or just go out to fight Roc on your own, I'll bring my THF55 or my BRD or my DNC if you'll help me get the title.
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-03-26 20:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyenpakakapaka said:
I could just go out there and /shout or whatever, but once you see my request you'll see why I think people would look and say "yeah, -right-!" and not hear me out. I made myself a promise a long time ago in this game. If I ever got the title 'Roc Star' I'd stop whatever I was doing and level Bard, and vice versa: if bard ever got to be 70 I'd stop and get the title 'Roc Star.' The problem is that people really, really want the Roc NM. Not for the title, but the drops. Maybe if I post here, rather than just going out there askin' this, it might go over a little better... I don't wanna deprive someone who needs it of the staff, and while I"d love to cash in on a pair of Trotter Boots, I don't want to fight for claim of the NM, much less now that people going after the Magian NM will be up there as well. If you'll invite me in for the fight -- I'll come on BRD or DNC or whatever job would help out most on the fight -- I won't complain one second if you immediately boot me after the NM dies. Keep the drops. Really! I can live with that. Honest to goodness, I just want the title outta this. So if you guys are out there for Magian quest and getting Roc, or just go out to fight Roc on your own, I'll bring my THF55 or my BRD or my DNC if you'll help me get the title.

Well Trotter's drop off Simurgh...

edit: i felt the same way about obtaining the title though. my buddy was dual boxing me and i logged on one day and poof "Roc Star" i was excited
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-26 20:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Roc doesn't drop Trotter boots.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-26 21:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah no one really fights Roc anymore lol except for fun
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-26 21:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just get TOD. Wait there during the window. Then ask whoever claimed it if you can join for the title. Maybe offer some gil even.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-03-26 22:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah no one really fights Roc anymore lol except for fun
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-26 22:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when I camped simmy most the time for fun we went and killed Roc cause chances are it was up lol