Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-30 09:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Remora.Eriuddo said:
Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek said:
DA procs first, and you can have the Justice proc on both swings of the DA, so the justice can swing 4 times ihn one round.
It can't, common misconception.

Unlike Joyeuse, both DA and justice proc can happen on the same swing, but you can't get 4 swings out of it.
It can swing 4 times. Unless it is vastly different that temperance axe. I've spent countless hours as BST/NIN with Man/Temp and I've seen my Temp Axe swing 4 times a number of times. It is rare, but it does happen.

You can get up to 4 swings with Burtal or Double attack trait from a Jailer weapon, 8 if your using Faiths. This person has not even done their research. It's pretty much just like a chance to dual-wield and then you have a chance to double attack on each of the swings while "dual-wielding". Best description I could come up with that fits
 Asura.Despayn
Server: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-03-30 22:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
[Main] All Races
DPS: 6.05 DMG:23 Delay:228
LV 75 RDM PLD BLU
Augment: Damage 17 Delay 36 (DMG 40, Delay 264 )
Occasionally attacks twice

Trial of the Magians Sword Path:150, 151, 152, 158, 159, 160

might replace justice depending on proc rate
Antea/joytoy teir1 enspell = crazy

Better for BLU than anything else, no? Last I checked, BLU doesn't have access to a multi-hit weapon. It'd replace Joytoy for PLDs as well.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-03-31 08:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, it's awesome for blu, meh for rdm or pld. But Kalico started the thread, and he's a moron, so yeah.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-31 09:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Remora.Eriuddo said:
Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek said:
DA procs first, and you can have the Justice proc on both swings of the DA, so the justice can swing 4 times ihn one round.
It can't, common misconception.

Unlike Joyeuse, both DA and justice proc can happen on the same swing, but you can't get 4 swings out of it.
It can swing 4 times. Unless it is vastly different that temperance axe. I've spent countless hours as BST/NIN with Man/Temp and I've seen my Temp Axe swing 4 times a number of times. It is rare, but it does happen.

You can get up to 4 swings with Burtal or Double attack trait from a Jailer weapon, 8 if your using Faiths. This person has not even done their research. It's pretty much just like a chance to dual-wield and then you have a chance to double attack on each of the swings while "dual-wielding". Best description I could come up with that fits
I have never seen this occur. 99% sure the traits can't proc off each other, only off of the same hit.
Odin.Blazza said:
Yup, it's awesome for blu, meh for rdm or pld. But Kalico started the thread, and he's a moron, so yeah.
I'm told Antea actually TPs faster than Joyeuse with Rajas + Brutal, which would make it better than Joyeuse for PLD.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-03-31 09:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I have never seen this occur. 99% sure the traits can't proc off each other, only off of the same hit.
You are 100% wrong. Jailer weapons with their Virtue Stone use are the exception to the rule.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-03-31 09:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure he meant "meh for PLD" in a way that it wouldn't be that much of an improvement as opposed to Blue Mage, not that it's not any good for PLD. At least that's how I interpreted.

Also I call BS on being able to swing 4 times on one weapon. I've never seen it happen and I'm almost always on RDM/NIN bullshitting around with a Brutal equipped in campaign in such. If its happened for you, it surely should have happened to me by now.
 Remora.Eriuddo
Server: Remora
user: Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2010-03-31 10:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

@Hypnotizd: The exception is that both can proc off the same swing. A normal DA weapon has 3 possibilities:
DA procs, weapon DA doesn't check, 2 swings
DA fails, weapon DA checks and procs, 2 swings
DA fails, weapon DA checks and fails, 1 swing

A jailer DA weapon has 4:
DA procs, weapon DA checks and procs, 3 swings
DA procs, weapon DA checks and fails, 2 swings
DA fails, weapon DA checks and procs, 2 swings
DA fails, weapon DA checks and fails, 1 swing

So yes, jailer weapons are superior, but they don't stack in the way many people think.

While everyone's posting their anecdotal evidence, I've spent over 4500 virtue stones on WAR and have yet to see a 4hit tp return.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-03-31 10:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Despayn said:
I'm sure he meant "meh for PLD" in a way that it wouldn't be that much of an improvement as opposed to Blue Mage, not that it's not any good for PLD. At least that's how I interpreted.

Also I call BS on being able to swing 4 times on one weapon. I've never seen it happen and I'm almost always on RDM/NIN bullshitting around with a Brutal equipped in campaign in such. If its happened for you, it surely should have happened to me by now.
Yup. Nightfyre understands me though, and that's interesting to hear. I assume it's because of the higher tp gain per hit due to the higher delay, you'll get to 100 in less swings, but it's a race between 18 high delay swings and 20 low delay swings (or whatever)
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-03-31 10:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If they have the same double attack rate (just so that I don't have to factor that in)...

With this set (and assume double march and haste):

Joytoy will attack every 2.5 seconds and take 16 hits to reach 100 TP. It will take 40 seconds.

Antea will attack once every 2.9 seconds and need 14 hits to reach 100 TP. It will take 40.6 seconds

Joytoy still wins, unless I'm missing something drastic.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-31 10:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... went back and checked, Antea's about 2% slower to 100 unless I missed something. Gonna go look for the original math and see if I did something wrong.

EDIT: Source assumed 0 TP, ie not using Rajas (Brutal doesn't change x-hit)... Above is correct, Joyeuse is faster.
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-03-31 10:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow I forgot to factor in haste gear, hold on
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-31 10:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste affects each equally so your % difference won't change, only time.
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-03-31 10:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring that little *** up:

Joy will attack every 1.7 seconds, 16 hits, 27.2second for 100TP.

Even if Antea has a 13 hit build (augmented nuevo, 4STP and 10 ACC) it will attack every 2.1, 13 hits and be 27.3 seconds to atonement.

Joyous (two drums and a cymbal!)
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-03-31 11:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

But, something not being factored in is base dmg, 35D Vs 40D, a situation where Joyeuse might hit for 0 and Antea will not. But seeing as I have a Joyeuse I will not be going for Antea for my PLD :) lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-31 11:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Antea will hit for 0 just as often as Joyeuse. The base damage is high enough that floored fSTR won't 0 it out, so only a low pDIF roll will. Neither weapon enhances attack, so it's equal between them.
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-31 11:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said one was better than the other I threw this in the forum because its a good alternative to joytoy or justice. If you don't do sea then you can grab this or if for some reason(idk what reason)if you can't get a joytoy you can get a antea thats my point. Also as i said many times before with lv 99 your old weapons will become trash for lv 99 antea can probably be further upgraded. Its a fact the trials will be expanded so it only makes sense. So ***on this all yall want but @ lv 99 justice and joytoy will be things of the past.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-03-31 12:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You mad bro? The only person who called you a retard an in indirect way was Blazza.

I never called this weapon bad at all, actually. Out of the OAT weapons available to PLD, this is the best in terms of damage, assuming it procs just as often as Joytoy.

Even on PLD, damage on Joytoy doesn't matter, considering that's not why you use one. Gogo Atonement spam. As long as you're hitting for 1 or more, you're doing your job.

EDIT: And apparently Antea's slower than Joytoy according to above posters. So yeah, this sword doesn't shine for PLD at all.
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-31 12:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Despayn said:
You mad bro? The only person who called you a retard an in indirect way was Blazza. I never called this weapon bad at all, actually. Out of the OAT weapons available to PLD, this is the best in terms of damage, assuming it procs just as often as Joytoy. Even on PLD, damage on Joytoy doesn't matter, considering that's not why you use one. Gogo Atonement spam. As long as you're hitting for 1 or more, you're doing your job. EDIT: And apparently Antea's slower than Joytoy according to above posters. So yeah, this sword doesn't shine for PLD at all.

Some times you just have to lol. I guess your just bored and wanted to type something, why is Pld even being mentioned this is a rdm forum who cares whats good for atonement spam... and i'm not mad at all just wanted to state my intentions of starting this thread.
 Remora.Eriuddo
Server: Remora
user: Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2010-03-31 14:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha said:
But, something not being factored in is base dmg, 35D Vs 40D, a situation where Joyeuse might hit for 0 and Antea will not. But seeing as I have a Joyeuse I will not be going for Antea for my PLD :) lol
Your pdif would need to be in a very very tiny range for that to happen, negative fSTR caps so whether you hit for 0 or not is pretty much irrelevant to base damage.