VNM
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-24 12:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwalker Notorious Monsters

-do they show up on ap radar? or are you just in the dark about which of the 2 VNM per zone youre popping?
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-24 12:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Voidwalker Notorious Monsters

-do they show up on ap radar? or are you just in the dark about which of the 2 VNM per zone youre popping?
My guess is no since they vary per person.

I'll test it when I'm at home tonight if nobody else posts an answer by then.

Edit: Best case is you get one of the random strings of numbers/letters at possible spawn points?
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-24 12:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

just tested :x they dont
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-24 12:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

K so I'm dualboxing these fights, and both my chars have the starting Clear Abyssite

just killed the passhow worm and neither changed color, but do both chars have a chance for the abyssite to change to colorful? or just the popping char?
 Carbuncle.Maxz
Server: Carbuncle
user: LQCH6027
By Carbuncle.Maxz 2010-03-24 12:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

iv recently been upgrading the magi wepon and the last to upgrades come from these type of nms and they look hardcore fights >.<
 Ifrit.Duanyu
Server: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-24 12:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yea not really looking forward to them either >.>
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-03-24 12:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
K so I'm dualboxing these fights, and both my chars have the starting Clear Abyssite

just killed the passhow worm and neither changed color, but do both chars have a chance for the abyssite to change to colorful? or just the popping char?

It can take multiple encounters before they change, for the love of god when one characters changes do not heal to find another with that character as it will be tier 2 and they hit hard...
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-24 12:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

mehh just got owned, I only wanted the worm one in passhow but it spawned a slime from the spot where i got a worm previously! so thats not cool, cant tell which one youre going to pop

pretty sweet how they made every new nm in this and the past update immune to grav/bind, no love for rdms anymore
 Carbuncle.Maxz
Server: Carbuncle
user: LQCH6027
By Carbuncle.Maxz 2010-03-24 13:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Duanyu said:
yea not really looking forward to them either >.>

im not really looking foward to them or tht stupid tiger which spawns 12-24 hours
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-24 14:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

nice just got raped by lamprey leech too :D
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-24 14:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:

The char who pops gets the chance for change, iirc.
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-24 14:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

seems right.. my main char got the change and thats the one i've been popping with, airbag's hasnt changed

should have listened to the guy that said dont pop a t2 haha.. ***
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-24 14:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

seems right.. my main char got the change and thats the one i've been popping with, airbag's hasnt changed

should have listened to the guy that said dont pop a t2 haha.. ***
Sorry but I lol'd pretty hard at this.

you think T2 is bad, wait until you get raped by a crab.
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-24 14:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

the leech was hitting for like 150+ after double/triple attacking my shadows away >.> I dont plan on dualboxing that crab either lol
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-03-26 23:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Woo~ Just got a cloth for a drop, hell of a fight though!
Also, /WAR > /NIN from what we could tell, GL to everyone that goes for this :D

Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-03-28 21:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

OK so Im still kinda fuzzy on this vnm program. From what I've read the person doing the healing/"tracking" is considered the "popper" and only HE gets a chance to change his abyssite? I think my confusion is that I'm used to a "popper" as being someone who physically trades something to spawn a mob not just /healing.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-28 21:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes healing is the popper though anyone with the same absyitte will get the same heading. /healing sorta is trading if you are close enough.

Started doing it today and man some of them move around alot and fast. Like was within 5-20 yalms /healing for 5+ min once as it bounced around. Good times
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-03-28 21:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I noticed they move alot too. I was in n.gust trying to solo that stupid *** worm and got the slime 2x. Was sam/nin and did rana/gekko for some dmg then had to do YGK right after and then meditate to try get him almost dead. Thank god for npc healer. Needless to say on the 2nd slime I got buttf**ked. I did however get the worm to pop in between the slimes and had no problem at all soloing him...but the slimes.....well...ya. Still no change on my clear abbysite tho...so I joined a vnm ls.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-28 21:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I've been pwning elementals. They kinda slow and hit for not much dmg. And well my rdms nukes were doing like 1200 for some reason lol
 Asura.Scribblesz
Server: Asura
By Asura.Scribblesz 2010-03-28 21:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and some friends went 0/forever trying to get color change on crabs and fish in E.Ron(S) and Jugner(S). Then we moved to Batallia Downs(S) and went 3/3 on elemental.

Took down T3 crab with 12 and popper got black on first kill.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Majae
Server: Asura
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-06-11 13:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've probably killed over 50+ mobs on my clear abyssite so far, and have not had it change color.

I had a friend with us the other day, we did 10 for him and his changed color.

Am i missing something here, or am I just having extremely bad luck. Been doing this on and off for almost a week and no change in color.
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-06-11 14:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Majae said:
I've probably killed over 50 mobs on my clear abyssite so far, and have not had it change color.

I had a friend with us the other day, we did 10 for him and his changed color.

Am i missing something here, or am I just having extremely bad luck. Been doing this on and off for almost a week and no change in color.

Bad luck. Just keep on trying. Stayed 1h killing T1 VNMs on East Ronfaure the other day til I just gave up.

Went another day before an event started and on my second kill it changed color.