Looking for a Limbus Group
 Asura.Rayix
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rayix
By Asura.Rayix 2010-03-09 17:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Good Afternoon.

Some of you may know me, some of you may not. Some of you may be able to draw theories about who I am. That doesn't really matter.

What matters is, that I'm looking for a Limbus group. Preferably one that runs on weekdays, in the East Coast's afternoons.

I am not from the East coast, far from it, I'm in HST. But the fact is, that with my job, which prefers me to be available when people are at home (generally after 5pm & on weekends), it would work better for me to have a group that goes during the middle of the day. Perhaps even late morning on weekdays.

My character, Rayix, was created Sept. 24th, 2009. That's my disclaimer, tho more-so my boast when taking into consideration all that he's accomplished in so little time. My only 75 job, at this time, is a fully-merited Dragoon. My ranger is on its way up, and I'll be leveling Paladin eventually, but given my perfectionist nature, it'll be awhile before those actually hit 75, and are ready for use. However, Rayix' Dragoon is fully-merited, and if I do say so myself, fairly well geared. He only has the minimum Healing Breath setup (Saurian/NQ Brais, 344 base potency), but I do join Xarc runs when I can, looking to replace my 2nd Armet, and my other two healing breath pieces come from Limbus (Drachen Brais+1s & Homam Gambieras), which will put me at a 392/626 (Deep Breathing) base potency.

I might also mention, that I'm a total merit ***, who, in 5~ months time, has earned 179 merits. Capped HP, STR, Polearm, Crit, Jump, High Jump, Angon, and Deep Breathing. I do have the blunt lance, Bourdonasse, along with numerous other toys (Mighty Lance <3), and overall, very good TP gear. I always do my best to come prepared to events, usually early, and let people know in advance if I'm not going to be able to make it. I have fully-leveled War, Whm, Sam, & Rdm subs for Dragoon.

So yeah, if anyone has room in their Limbus group for a so-called "lolDRG", and runs in the general timeframe I'm looking for, I'd like to hear from you. Talking to me in-game or PM'ing here works fine. Feel free to ask any questions, and be aware, I'll probably have a few for you as well.

Thank you for time in reading this, yada, yada, yada.

P.S: I've done Limbus before, but it's been a few years, so yeah...I may need a slight refresher crash course.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-09 17:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds shady to me..
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-10 03:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it might sound shady to a non-Asuran. Or well, to someone that doesn't really know who it is, which could be a lot of people. But I think a fair amount of Asura's veteran population will know him.

Given that they will, I don't really need to vouch for his level of experience or expertise. I'd guess he knows the mage/melee strategies for most of the zones by heart.

Also, HST means Hawaiian Standard Time. (As this guy loves to be accurate with his PDT PST, 'yada yada' lingo). Might wanna post what hours you're available in EST-speak, sir.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2010-03-10 03:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait who is this guy?
 Asura.Rayix
By Asura.Rayix 2010-03-11 00:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shamaya said:
Also, HST means Hawaiian Standard Time. (As this guy loves to be accurate with his PDT PST, 'yada yada' lingo). Might wanna post what hours you're available in EST-speak, sir.

Indeed it does. I'm GMT-10, and that doesn't change with Daylight Savings Time. To put this in "Everyone's Standard Time" (even tho "Primary Standard Time" kicks its ***), I'm looking for something that'll be done by 8~9pm Eastern. That's 3~4pm my time, will drop to 2~3pm when everyone else switches over from ~ST to ~DT, thus tending to decide their runs need to be changed by an hour to match their change in timezone. This may eventually change, but for right now, that's what I believe I'm looking at in regards to what'll leave me comfortable with time enough to do my job.

If anyone has questions for me, feel free to ask when I'm online. When I think about it, I can't be entirely sure of my faith in this forum's PM system, so replies to this thread, or talking to me in-game would work best.

P.S: Shamaya is a pothead, on multiple counts.
By CalmCCF 2010-03-11 09:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Rayix=Daryx
 Asura.Rayix
By Asura.Rayix 2010-03-14 04:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a heads up:

"Everyone's Standard Time" is now politically incorrect, or rather, misused, until November. However, to leave this in simple terms, I am six hours behind Eastern (Daylight) time, three hours behind Pacific, five behind Central, and still ten behind London...For the next two weeks, when London enters Daylight Savings time, and thus is considered GMT+1, when I'll be ELEVEN hours behind them.

On another note, yes, Daryx was one of mine, so was Drakyx. They're both gone now, we won't bother talking about why, but the fact is, that coming up on six months old now, Rayix is here to stay for awhile (we hope).

If anyone has questions about Daylight Savings time, and when it goes into effect, please refer to Daylight Savings 2010. It's rather amusing, to see how random some countries can be with when they feel like setting their clocks.

P.S: Bump.