Relic... When...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Relic... When...
Relic... When...
 Hades.Dierdren
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Dierdren
By Hades.Dierdren 2010-03-07 16:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I was thinking to myself these questions:

1. When is it the right time to finally decide to pursue a relic?

2. Does anyone feel that there should be some kind of standard that goes along with wielding one?

3. How do you know you are worthy to wield a relic?

I know I can't tell people when or how to spend their gil or how to get their Dynamis Currency but I was always thinking this. I was wondering other's imput on said questions.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-07 16:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

1. When you can comfortably finance it at least until the final leg and when it is the only substantial upgrade you could make to your equipment.

2. Expecting all whitebox is stupid, but you should basically be a master at your job. All relevant gearsets to a high standard, powerful gear etc.

3. I wouldn't necessarily associate a relic with worth so much as I would opportunism, luck and extreme hard work.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-03-07 16:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dierdren said:
Alright, I was thinking to myself these questions:

1. When is it the right time to finally decide to pursue a relic?

2. Does anyone feel that there should be some kind of standard that goes along with wielding one?

3. How do you know you are worthy to wield a relic?

I know I can't tell people when or how to spend their gil or how to get their Dynamis Currency but I was always thinking this. I was wondering other's imput on said questions.

1. No real specific time, do it when you want to, you should just be prepared to sacrifice a lot of free time and other misc purchases in favor of currency.

2. Understanding your job entirely is probably the only real expectation, can be elitist and whine about certain slots not being the best piece, but a relic > hq Kaman, black tath etc.

3. Relics arent really game breaking as they're made out to sound, i'd say being "worthy" is just knowing your job well.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-07 16:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably the most important thing is, Unless the relic is being entirely financed by a linkshell, make sure you don't get a relic for ANYONE BUT YOURSELF, it's a nice thought to be like "Well my LS could use Ghorn" but at the end of the day, if you're miserable just playing bard, and suck on that job 99% of the time because of "Relic lock" then you're more likely to quit, and who's benefiting then? I've seen many a relic holder IGE or Mysupersales their account because of that.
 Asura.Scribblesz
Server: Asura
By Asura.Scribblesz 2010-03-07 16:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with the guy above just make sure you are doing it for all the right reasons I did Aegis to help out the LS and got stuck as the forever PLD. If I had it to do all over again I would have gone after a relic for a job I loved playing.