RDM: benefits of having subjobs lvl49
First Page 2 3
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-03-01 10:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, after SE announced we are having a max sub job of level 49, and a picture of a WHM/RDM using Convert, I'm having issues in finding the benefits for us Red Mages about having a sub job level 49.

I say that because I can clearly see the benefits of having sub RDM - where us RDM get nothing in comparrison.

What BLMs, WHMs, SCHs, SMNs and PLDs get:
- Raise (Lvl76) for SMN and BLM
- Convert (Lvl80)
- Magic Attack Bonus II (Lvl80)
- Ice Spikes (Lvl80)
- Refresh (Lvl82)
- Magic Defense Bonus II (Lvl90)
- Poison II (Lvl92)
- Sleep II (Lvl92)
- Protect III (Lvl94) for SMN and BLM
- Cure IV (Lvl96) for SMN
- Haste (Lvl96)

And what do WE get? I striked what I think will not make a difference.

/WHM
Teleport-Altep (Lvl76)
Teleport-Yhoat (Lvl76)
Barvira (lvl78)
Stona (Lvl78)
Banishga II (Lvl80)
Cura (Lvl80)
Afflatus Solace (lvl80)
Afflatus Misery (lvl80)
Teleport-Vahzl (Lvl82)
Barpetra (Lvl86)
Regen II (Lvl88)
Flash (Lvl90)
Protectra III (Lvl94)
Repose (Lvl96)
Rejoice RDMs! You can know be a tele-***, cast Stona and have a ***Cureskin - edit: and sleep Undeads/Perytons/etc.

/BLM
Stonega II (Lvl80)
Warp II (Lvl80)
Waterga II (Lvl 88)
Stun (Lvl90)
Aeroga II (Lvl96)
So basicly RDM/BLM will be the new RDM/DRK once you reach lvl 90

/SCH
Accession (lvl80)
Manifestation (lvl80)
Erase (Lvl78 - under Light Arts)
Sandstorm (Lvl 82)
Rainstorm (Lvl 86)
Windstorm (Lvl 90)
Klimaform (Lvl 92)
Viruna (Lvl92 - under Light Arts)
Firestorm (Lvl94)
Hailstorm (Lvl98)
So a RDM having to play SCH... With Accession and Manifestation we're reduced to be a gimped SCH, and Phalanx 2 totally misses the point of existing

Not to mention WHM, SCH, SMN and PLDs get refresh gears easier than us RDMs, who have to wait for so long to try to get ours hands on either Duelist's Chapeau or Dalmatica. (Don't count Yigit set or Vermillion Cloak cause then we lose the pimp hat)

SO, THOUGHTS?!?!?!
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-01 10:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're missing the point that you're getting new spells. For instance, some possible new spells:

Refresh II
Haste II
Hastega
Slowga
Slow III
Paralyze III
Blind III
Dia IV
Phalanx III

etc.

So you might not get as much with subjobs, but you could get some pretty awesome stuff as RDM.
[+]
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-03-01 10:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, we MIGHT get new spells, as well we might get NOTHING. But it's a fact the others will get Convert and Refresh.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-01 10:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt they'd make you level 24 more levels and not give you anything worthwhile.

Remember, you could Accession -> Refresh II or Haste II or something.

I'm almost positive there will be a Refresh II. There has to be with how much MP spells will cost at 99.
[+]
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-03-01 10:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And btw, it has been announced we're getting new enfeebling spells, not enhancing magic.

So i don't see any Refresh II, Hastega, haste II, phalanx 3 coming anytime soon.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-01 10:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just cause it hasn't been announced doesn't mean it's not happening.

We're better off just waiting and seeing what happens, rather than speculating and saying "Oh x job is getting screwed and x job is getting a huge buff!"
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-01 10:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
You also don't realize that /sch with accession, it eliminates refresh/haste cycles. (Assuming hastega doesn't exist)

Timers would work out, and you'd have 3 charges besides.
Nah, only 2 charges. 3rd is at 50.
[+]
By Senara 2010-03-01 10:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a bit worried too. Red Mages will be only used for subjobs, how depressing is that since we have always ruled above all mage jobs for Convert, Refresh and Haste. I wonder how SE will make everything equal among all jobs when hitting level 99. This could very well be the end of FFXI /cry
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-01 10:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said:
Yes, we MIGHT get new spells, as well we might get NOTHING. But it's a fact the others will get Convert and Refresh.
It's not a fact until you see it in game. My theory is they'll raise those to 50 to put them out of reach as /rdm. Either that or gimp them (i.e. souleater).
[+]
 Siren.Cordareo
Server: Siren
user: Cordareo
By Siren.Cordareo 2010-03-01 10:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

To be perfectly honest, Accession is too unique to SCH and I highly doubt SE will grant access to it for jobs that sub SCH. They said they wouldn't give abilities/traits that were too Main job specific therefor ruining the balance and uniqueness to the Main job.

That's just my 2 cents. :)

As to what RDM/??? will give RDM, I'm not a RDM so I couldn't begin to speculate so please forgive me. ^^
[+]
 Siren.Cordareo
Server: Siren
user: Cordareo
By Siren.Cordareo 2010-03-01 10:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
So people can refresh/haste themselves now, that's one less thing I have to worry about.

RDM still will have the highest enfeebling. *throws random numbers* I heard they'll have like ~512 enfeebling skill by level 99

/thread
[+]
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-03-01 10:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Hades.Tripster said:
It's not a fact until you see it in game. My theory is they'll raise those to 50 to put them out of reach as /rdm. Either that or gimp them (i.e. souleater).

It's been reported that they showed a WHM/RDM converting on Vanafest.
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Server: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-03-01 10:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not too sure why you canceled out flash. Flash will be an awesome hate tool for a RDM/nin tank. Rdm's used to have flash back in the day.
[+]
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-03-01 10:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Fosgate said:
Not too sure why you canceled out flash. Flash will be an awesome hate tool for a RDM/nin tank. Rdm's used to have flash back in the day.

Cause you can only use Flash while subbing WHM!
 Fenrir.Magicjunkie
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicjunkie 2010-03-01 10:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Cordareo said:
To be perfectly honest, Accession is too unique to SCH and I highly doubt SE will grant access to it for jobs that sub SCH. They said they wouldn't give abilities/traits that were too Main job specific therefor ruining the balance and uniqueness to the Main job.

That's just my 2 cents. :)

As to what RDM/??? will give RDM, I'm not a RDM so I couldn't begin to speculate so please forgive me. ^^

and convert isnt unique to rdm?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-01 10:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Hades.Tripster said:

'reported'

Unless it was on the offical POL page or Vanafest twitter, I'm not going to waste my time with it.

What they did say (that was previously mentioned) officially about making sure jobs stayed balanced or whatever, I will acknowledge.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-01 10:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Hades.Tripster said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Hades.Tripster said:

'reported'

Unless it was on the offical POL page or Vanafest twitter, I'm not going to waste my time with it.

What they did say (that was previously mentioned) officially about making sure jobs stayed balanced or whatever, I will acknowledge.
I think you just don't want to have to level another subjob!
Damn straight

Edit: bad enough I'm gonna have to touch NIN past 37.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-01 10:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
And finish your sch
/slap
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-03-01 10:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

btw, i found out a channel on youtube that has Vanafest Videos. I'm going to watch them out even though i don't speak Japanese:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TecugakuTakayi
 Phoenix.Teguri
Server: Phoenix
user: Talran
By Phoenix.Teguri 2010-03-01 10:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe it or not, Convert /refresh wont -really- mean that much at 99, Convert will help, but RDM probably will get Refresh III. Also, Regen II is damn helpful. And you crossed off Repose. You realize that that gives you 3 single target sleep spells? Hell you can now easily perpetually Sleep/nuke stuff with that. (Repose particularly being nice for Dark resistant monsters.) Also BLM does give you Ga's which are helpful. In all you're thinking too narrowmindedly about this. Heck, nothing wrong with RDM being a nice sub, I might actually use it as a sub if I can convert/refresh besides keeping SCH subbed. Then again, This is coming from the POV of a WHM who isn't used to DOTing things and running around waiting for them to die (which you'll still be king of, worry not.) x3
[+]
 Fenrir.Magicjunkie
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicjunkie 2010-03-01 10:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Teguri said:
but RDM probably will get Refresh III.

wow we get refresh one 1-75 and we gettin 2 new ones 76-99 :D that makes total sense!
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-01 10:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Edit: bad enough I'm gonna have to touch NIN past 37.
You had to remind me of that hell.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-01 10:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Teguri said:
Believe it or not, Convert /refresh wont -really- mean that much at 99, Convert will help, but RDM probably will get Refresh III. Also, Regen II is damn helpful. And you crossed off Repose. You realize that that gives you 3 single target sleep spells? Hell you can now easily perpetually Sleep/nuke stuff with that. (Repose particularly being nice for Dark resistant monsters.) Also BLM does give you Ga's which are helpful. In all you're thinking too narrowmindedly about this. Heck, nothing wrong with RDM being a nice sub, I might actually use it as a sub if I can convert/refresh besides keeping SCH subbed. Then again, This is coming from the POV of a WHM who isn't used to DOTing things and running around waiting for them to die (which you'll still be king of, worry not.) x3
Screw that. I'm gonna WHM/NIN it up and solo ***. Hopefully they'll raise the stoneskin cap so our 38974109384 enhancing magic skill will make it even better. Healing magic 8173284092834 will have some nice cures too (and making afflatus solace stoneskin better as well). Guess I should finish capping both of those.
 Bismarck.Evolex
Server: Bismarck
user: Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2010-03-01 10:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Teguri said:
And you crossed off Repose. You realize that that gives you 3 single target sleep spells? Hell you can now easily perpetually Sleep/nuke stuff with that. (Repose particularly being nice for Dark resistant monsters.)

True as this is, RDM has a shitty Divine magic skill capping at 200 @ 75 currently.
First Page 2 3