Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Someone with Math Skillz please
Someone with Math Skillz please
 Fairy.Akiba
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-02-23 11:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I am just curious about something. I have 2 setups for my War, a Great Axe setup and a Dual Wield setup.

I use the GA on huge mobs of course but I like my DW setup for Nyzul or just messing around. My question is basically this, what is the mathematical advantage of using Nuevo Coselete vs Haubergeon

Neuvo Corselete:
Dex +5, Str +5, Vit +5,
Dual Wield + 3%
Accuracy +10

Hauby:
Str +5, Dex +5
Accuracy +10
Attack +10

I am just wondering how much better the Nuevo will do me than the Hauby. of COURSE i Macro in Hauby for WS but as far as just DoT how much am I getting from the Nuevo. I was thinking of dropping it and changing to something else eventually so I just wanna know what kinda advantage I am getting

Btw, I Dual Wield with Maneater/Joytoy with 4 Merits in each and Suppathingy earring. (yes i know i need more sword merits but i have most of mine in GA)

Thanks guys!
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-23 11:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't tell you w/o knowing the mob in nyzul's stats, but 3% DW, provided it doesn't drop your xhit, would bring you from 20 to 23 (if you have suppa) % DW

3/(100-23) = 3.89% increase to DoT and WS frequency, where as 10 attack would only apply to DoT (and not ws frequency) and be less of an increase.

I'll go w/ colibri for attack's sake. The lower the defense of the mob and lower level, the less of an increase you'll get. So take this number I'm about to calculate it and it's actually a lot higher of an increase than you'd get from most if not all nyzul mobs

Let's say your attack is 450

((460/293)-.35)/((450/293)-.35) = 2.8% increase which only applies to DoT and not ws frequency.

[+]
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-02-23 11:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn you are fast. So with these numbers I should probably keep this thing. I like wearing and using it. I feel like I swing faster with it on and I am not losing any ACC or Str/Dex either.

But you think I should keep using this or are there better options for augments?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-23 11:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as axe/sword goes, that's prob the best you're going to get.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-23 11:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't DW often, but doesn't increasing DW affect TP/swing?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-23 12:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea it does, but not necessarily always by enough to lower the number of total attacks to 100 tp.

For example if you get 5.1 tp/swing, it takes 19.6 hits to 100 tp, but since you can't .6 a hit, will take 1 more hit until you can ws, 20 hits.

reduce that to 5tp/swing, takes 20 hits on the money to WS.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-23 12:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
I don't DW often, but doesn't increasing DW affect TP/swing?

Edit: beaten by Veg
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-23 12:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Yea it does, but not necessarily always by enough to lower the number of total attacks to 100 tp.

For example if you get 5.1 tp/swing, it takes 19.6 hits to 100 tp, but since you can't .6 a hit, will take 1 more hit until you can ws, 20 hits.

reduce that to 5tp/swing, takes 20 hits on the money to WS.

I suppose... seems like a perfect world type scenario though... I think it's generally accepted that DW+ increased DOT but doesn't affect the rate of WS dmg.

But on topic it still does increase overall damage if your calcs are correct.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-23 12:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Note where I said "provided it doesn't drop your xhit"
To double check though, if he doesn't have suppa, same number of hits w/ augment body, if he has suppa, 1 more hit (from 19 to 20), so even in this case, he'd have to get the 19th hit w/ no other attacks following it to make a dif.

For example. Axe 17, joy 18, joy 19 for a 3hit round, then augment body would take 1 more round
axe 17, axe 18 (DA), joy 19, same situation
axe 18, joy 19, joy 20, takes same number of rounds for both bodies
axe 18, axe 19(DA), joy 20, takes same number of rounds for both

Ect ect.
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-02-23 12:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a word for people who go around posting useless crap... its a Troll...

but we need a word for people who go around helping, posting their knowledge, and not being a d-bag about it...

Well since we dont have a word, here is a flying dog and an idiot lol:

Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-23 12:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As far as axe/sword goes, that's prob the best you're going to get.

You're right here of course, but I'd just like to make the point that these are in accuracy-capped situations; when accuracy is not capped, the top DW body is Adaman Hauberk (fairly obviously) and Haubergeon +1 will likely beat Nuevo (slightly) as well. NQ will probably lose to it.
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-02-23 13:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I dont have 8 merits in Sword I almost exclusively eat Pizza anyway unless I am farming or working over something i know i am capped out easily in sword. But thanks for the advice... let me get right on that adaman hauberk lol (will never have that)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-23 13:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, definitely. Pizza/sushi is ideal for a DW build anyway since you will probably not be able to eat meat whilst maintaining full haste/offensive gear; just thought I'd point it out (if using it on higher eva mobs where you need a small acc kick for instance).
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-02-23 17:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

something interested i checked. I was making some calcs on the effect on dw on ws frequency with axe/axe due that other thread. (Funny how many ppl are interested in dw lol)
Lost everything due blackout. Can rework on it if ppl are interested hehe.

But here is what i got, kinda.

20% dw increases dot by 25% and increases the ws frequency by and 8.5% (compared to say axe/shield lol)
-> edit: its 41.2% increase in dot, actually, comparing to axe/shield (25% and 6.9% respectivelly, compared to 0 dw)

Interesting is that a war/sam full time seigan gets 0% increase in dot and 33% increase in ws frequency. (Going 8 hit to 6 hit).
-> edit: 8 hit to 6 hit is going from naked to 22 stp necessary for a true 6 hit. So this actually should have been 20% (going 6 to 5 with ws). My intention was to keep 7 stp on equip for war.

Damn close numbers.
-> edit: not so damn close anymore

But hasso as we know is the breakthru and adds an extra 27% on dot and ws frequency.

I also was comparing thf for fun (my <3 job hehe)
Thf gets the same dot increase (same % of dw) and whopping 29% increase in ws frequency(compared to dagger/shield). lol fun fun
-> edit: its 21.5% dot compared to dagger/shield and (25% and 12.67% compared to 0 dw)