What Is A Better Combo Maneater/jugg Or Maneater/Joyeuse

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » what is a better combo maneater/jugg or maneater/Joyeuse
what is a better combo maneater/jugg or maneater/Joyeuse
By johanestrella 2010-02-23 09:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

im intrested in knowing i myself have been using maneater/Joyeuse but i've always wonder if i can do more dmg going maneater/jugg if anyone can please advice me on this thank you
 Alexander.Helder
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-23 09:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a pretty good question, I guess it depends on the mobs, but generally I'd say joyeuse. That's just my thought though and I could be very wrong.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-23 09:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're looking for the ability to do more damage, then go with GAX and sub sam.

If you're looking for the more of the two, I'd say maneater/Joye, but just from looking at it. I'd actually have to do some math to give a definitive answer, but I'm sure some wars will come shed some light on it.
[+]
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-23 09:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea math would be needed here to Show the winner, also axe or sword merits skew things. Why mob your facing would also skew. Probably best to test again VT birds and IT mamool ja.

Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-23 09:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on a lot of things, like other people have said.
How's your acc? Capped acc = no competition, ME/Joy will win. ME/Jugg will have a naturally higher acc because of the higher axe skill on warrior. Sword merits will change things.
In general though, unless you have a Ridill (and even then only maybe) GAxe will destroy any axe combo. Unless you're up against a ninja type mob with shadows, in which case go for Axe/Sword to get the shadows down.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-23 09:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Unless you're up against a ninja type mob with shadows, in which case tell your mage to AoE
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-23 09:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Unless you're up against a ninja type mob with shadows, in which case tell your mage to AoE
Well played... unless you have slept mobs nearby!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-23 09:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Horde lullaby
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-23 10:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm forgot birds weak to piercing, so all dmg made my joyeuse would be 25% stronger so I really think joyeuse > jugger for g.colibri but yea gax kills em both unless ridill is used instead of joyeuse.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-23 10:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When I say gax I mean RR or KJ with perdu or good augmented erlkings, although SC would probably be better then dual wield if a MB is used.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-02-23 10:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

well i parsed many fights of a friends war. His axe/joy is better than his gaxe when /nin, even on stuff like einherjar (but surely he would eat pizza there). He doesnt have axe merits, but do have sword ones.

Anyway, i remember an old post on alla that ppl showed that subbing irom ram pick was better than juggernaut. Juggy might be better for hnm due that huge amount of attack, but you will be using gaxe on hnm i hope lol.

So taking that joy was considered an upgrade from the standard combo of many/pick and many/pick is better than many/jugg then many/joy should be better than many/jugg

Pandemonium.Isiolia
Server: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2010-02-23 10:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Man/Joy will probably be better in instances where DW is decent, provided you have sword merits to back it up/etc.

If you want to use an offhand axe, use an IR Pick instead, doesn't have quite the ATT of a Jugg, but it comes at a far lower cost and has better damage/delay.

Or just, you know, use a GAxe.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-23 10:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we talking merits onry?

Man/Joy will always win over Man/Juggy at birds. If you are at Mamool Ja then GA is such a better option. I've said it before I use to be 100% DW war but I have seen the light and now do 100% GA. Being Elvaan with 8/8 Axe and 8/8 sword merits I still had acc problems and I had even more of an issue eating sushi. So I swithced to 8GA merits and haven't looked back.

The only way you can make DW worth it IMO is 8/8 Axe 8/8 Sword and Suppa is a must. But lol with 19%+ Haste on war it's always fun to see the constant swing animation.

With this being said tho I don't do the maths to back up anything, anything at all that I said.

Who the ***needs math when I can "Eyeball" it!
 Fairy.Shiyo
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-23 10:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah juggernaut sucks and is a huge waste of gil. Gaxe isn't "always better", it's like 1% better or something, so use what and have the gear/merits to back it up(berserk/agressor for dw, berserk/DA for gaxe etc etc)
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-23 11:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

1%? Maybe if you're /nin w/ 7hit and no hasso. Once you go /sam, 6hit and the extra 10% hate, it blows DW out of the water.

Also in juggernaut's defense!
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-23 11:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

raged at 3 seconds
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-23 11:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Also shiyo,
If you're a dw War, you generally go 3/3/4 berg/DA or 4/4/2 even, If you use GAxe you can usually go 3/2/5;4/1/5;5/5 since aggressor isn't as vital. That itself adds 1-2% DA right there, ignoring the benefits of /sam.
 Fairy.Shiyo
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-23 11:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no war expert, that's just what i've read ^__^
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-02-23 11:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah /sam is crazy ***. But there are still situations where ppl will want war/nin.
 Phoenix.Dooom
user: Dooom
By Phoenix.Dooom 2010-02-23 11:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

As Isolia points out, Juggernaut isn't all that. IR pick is a significantly cheaper axe, and the situations where Jugg will perform well are those situations where you'll want to be using GA anyway.

As for the OP, man/joy is the way to go. Dual Wield warrior is about pushing your DoT, and multi-attack weapons are awesome for that. Ideally you'd be using rid/joy, but not everyone has that open to them!

As for GA, aside from Perdu and Erlking's, Rune Chopper is all kinds of awesome, just get your rdm to refresh you and you'll have capped gear haste (assuming common gears like Turban, Swift belt, Haidate, dusk hands + boots/aurum boots). It's an absolute beast of a weapon, just need a rdm who isn't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and can see the value in refreshing a DD.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-23 11:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously it goes without saying GA beats both by a wide margin

if you are going to dual wield regardless i'd guess you may have axe merits already

i'd need a math expert to back it up, but i'd imagine if you have axe merits only you would be better served with maneater juggy/I.R. Pick

if you have both axe and sword merits, i think maneater/joy would win in most situations
 Phoenix.Fezz
user: Fezz
By Phoenix.Fezz 2010-02-23 12:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Obviously it goes without saying GA beats both by a wide margin

Obviously not? :p