Beware Of The BST....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Beware of the BST....
Beware of the BST....
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-02-20 22:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone has ever said that a BST can't DD, or can't be a heavy DD, has never met Slow.

Just did ToAU44 with him. He parsed 2nd (including pet) out of a well geared DRK, a SCH, and a BLM competing with him....I was the BLM, and I barely beat him (he did 23%, I did just over 24%).

So, if you see him, beware, cause if he sics his pet on you, you might get a sheep up your butt (better sheep than cactus, let me tell you that!).
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-21 01:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

BST is a great DD if done right. Many forget to consider that damage and enmity is split among the pet and the BST as well. Not to mention the right pet can do some gnarly DPS and even give some neat status ailments too.
 Alexander.Haruku
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Haruku 2010-02-21 01:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

bst is fun but to bad we dont have like a JA like berserk or something that makes us hit harder
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-21 01:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Most BSTs I know who DD go /nin, but I think more so for dual wield rather than utsusemi survivability since they can pet voke anyways. Although I wonder if using a tatami shield and subbing warrior would be more beneficial. Might need to call Vegetto out to get some accurate numbers between em.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-21 01:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I know if I was gonna be a DD as BST, /WAR all the way. You'd have Attack Bonus, Double Attack and Berserk. Shield-wise, I'd probably stick with a Sentinel Shield, since BST is one of the only DDs who can wear it. I think that would probably be our best option.

Stubbs pretty much hit the nail on the head there, for BST to hold their own in parties, they gotta gear pretty well for it, and the average BST doesn't do that.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-21 01:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, since you're not tanking that haste will be nice eh? Forgot about that. Not to mention BST gets access to some of the best DD gear available. Adaberk anyone?
 Phoenix.Tealsic
Server: Phoenix
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-02-21 02:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well even tho RNG is my BEST geard job im trying my best to gear BST to be a DD. The ls im in now doesnt care if i come bst to events ^^/. Makes me kind of happy in away lol. ITs like Stubbs said ya know When ppl look for damage done by the bst they dont consider that you need to add both ^^.
Currently working on getting a damn UFO killed or Fendoir for a tp axe(would be awsome to gain tp faster).

Back on levi had a badazz bst named faithfull hes been playing the game since the beggining of time lol has a novio earing.... JUST for bst and primal rend only bst ive ever seen in einy. Him and a JP named Zaku who idols in a guttler lol damn i want one so bad
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-21 02:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems that not everyone thinks BST is so bad nowadays. I've been invited to quite a few bird parties lately and have even encountered some people who were pretty enthusiastic about me.

The problem I often have is that even with so much accuracy and acc food, I still have a few problems with making the hits. When I solo I /DNC for this and it isn't so much of a problem, but when I party my acc gets shot to hell when I /NIN and /WAR.

What I do love about BST in a party is the large amounts of non-WS damage I deal with my pet over time. Most people never notice the combined damage of a pet and a BST. But, you take into account the Razor Fang + Rampage damage that can be done on one mob and its even better. Hell, I've outdamaged all of my party members' weaponskills by a longshot with just a well-prepared Dark Spore. BST is also a lot more acceptable nowadays because of Ready. Our parties no longer have to worry about our pets deciding to AoE all over the place and us BSTs don't have to worry about every party member having a heart attack and wiping from thinking they have to kill all the mobs our pets aggro >.>

It all comes down to making sure you have a well-geared melee set on you and keeping it up-to-date.
 Phoenix.Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-02-21 02:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lol sterling you know how many times i had to tell someone my pet linking mobs wasnt bad lol i had to type one letter @ a time "THEY WILL DEPOP DAMNIT!"

edit* also I LOVE READY!!! makes survivability(however u spell it) so much greater. {Scissor Guard} {Can I have it?}
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-21 02:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tealsic said:
lol sterling you know how many times i had to tell someone my pet linking mobs wasnt bad lol i had to type one letter @ a time "THEY WILL DEPOP DAMNIT!"

edit* also I LOVE READY!!! makes survivability(however u spell it) so much greater. {Scissor Guard} {Can I have it?}

I agree. CC tanking in Campaign while spamming Scissor Guard and Bubble Curtain is too awesome.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-21 02:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I want to go play BST D:
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-21 02:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
I agree. CC tanking in Campaign while spamming Scissor Guard and Bubble Curtain is too awesome.

I don't know, I personally prefer to use Funguar Familiar if I'm using jug pets in Campaign, I got a good amount of exp using him. Then again this was pre-Ready, so I don't know how it would compare now.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-21 02:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

I don't know, I personally prefer to use Funguar Familiar if I'm using jug pets in Campaign, I got a good amount of exp using him. Then again this was pre-Ready, so I don't know how it would compare now.

I can understand this. Unfortunately I can't merit yet so FF is stuck at 65 for now. I like to use CC because of his survivability. That way I'm not burning jugs. Campaign can really be a money sink for BST :x
 Phoenix.Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-02-21 02:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lol my pets always die in campaign they get hit by one aoe and i never see them for the rest of the battle ROFL so i use flys(BST affinity 5/5 plus Monster Gloves) they are like 7k a stack so not that expensive.
 Phoenix.Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-02-21 02:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
Campaign can really be a money sink for BST :x

When i did campaign i stuck to grauburg,Jugner,Vunkerl inlet, La Vaul(when i was balzy enough)Pashlow, meri. mt. when some random was bieng chased by a scorp and some lynx's, and when i felt like bien retarted i would goto saruta and grab a dhamel lol. Grauberg has copper caps pretty close by, pashlow the slugs and flys, jugner for the tigers, Vunkerl pugils and crabs its crazy what bst has at its arsonel its like walking into a Armory with the world at your finger tips