Ebur Talar Augments!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Ebur Talar Augments!
Ebur Talar Augments!
 Ragnarok.Holyman
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-02-16 04:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have friend who wants me to join the club of Ebur Talar Owners & look sexy , the thing is I'm not into "town gear" thing is just waste of gils imo , so I had to look up the whole synergy/evolith complicated system & understand it , but after looking at the evolith options I can't say I'm interested really in any of em , but at same time I like the looks of that talar , yet I wanna make one & put it to use .

So my question is : any idea of evolithes that makes the talar useful more than just town gear ?

I have some ideas but I'm not sure if it's good , either trying to do slow II body for highly resistant HNMs Cerb/Ixion/Khim since it has MND+5 Macc+5 & can be augmented with Earth enfeebling Macc up to +6 Macc which put it @16 Macc when my dMND is less than 10 which might be the case for Cerb , or -Cure casting time body ;x , but AF2 "which I use for most cures except cure IV" is -10% cast time , or body for casting refresh with Conserve MP+ , but not sure if any of those come close for what I already have .

P.S: I almost have evrey other body for RDM , I use Morrigan's Robe "for Idle/nuking/melee" , Duelist's Tabard "For casting refresh / haste / Cures 1=>3 for fast cast / casting Utsu /stun 'No Manteel yet'/-na / part of stoneskin & blink build" , AF1 "part of +enfeebling skill build for highly resistant HNMs" , Errant "Part of MAx MND/INT for corresponding spells potency when resist is not an issue / part of hMP build" , Goliard "For General buffs that doesn't require any special skill for Conserve MP e.g Protect;Shell;barspells;enspells / & casting Cure IV or Curaga II as part of -Enmity build / melee when accuracy is not needed for TP build" , as you see ;x I have body for everything & it's already good , so what do you suggest I build talar for D: ?
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2010-02-16 05:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

From listening to other LS mates of mine talking about the new gear and how to use it in conjunction with the evoliths, most of the gear (as one would expect with evoliths) will be situational. The Evoliths are rather specific in their function. I have an evolith set that I've built designed for imp soloing on my BLU composed of Vs Demons: Accuracy +5, Physical Blue Magic: Attack + and Weapon Swordskill: Attack +16. A few of my LS mates built a body with Magic Attack Bonus and put Vs. Dragons: MAB designed specifically for fighting Tiamat and Fafhogg.

My advice would be to dig through the list of evoliths, look for a few that would benefit a situation, either for HNMs or random meripos and design a cool body piece suitable for your playstyle. There's a ton of evoliths to pick from, just gotta go get the ones you like.
 Midgardsormr.Dominionix
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Dominionix 2010-02-16 05:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Holyman said:
either trying to do slow II body for highly resistant HNMs Cerb/Ixion/Khim since it has MND+5 Macc+5 & can be augmented with Earth enfeebling Macc up to +6 Macc which put it @16 Macc when my dMND is less than 10 which might be the case for Cerb

I'm by no means sure on this, but doesn't AF1 body still beat that?
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-16 05:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Dominionix said:
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
either trying to do slow II body for highly resistant HNMs Cerb/Ixion/Khim since it has MND 5 Macc 5 & can be augmented with Earth enfeebling Macc up to 6 Macc which put it @16 Macc when my dMND is less than 10 which might be the case for Cerb

16 > 15
5 > 0

2:0 to Ebur.
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2010-02-16 05:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
either trying to do slow II body for highly resistant HNMs Cerb/Ixion/Khim since it has MND 5 Macc 5 & can be augmented with Earth enfeebling Macc up to 6 Macc which put it @16 Macc when my dMND is less than 10 which might be the case for Cerb

16 > 15
5 > 0

2:0 to Ebur.

this, if you wanna be hardcore!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-16 06:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with that math is it actually only has 3macc on it.

Also there isn't alot of info out on wiki about the the amount you get from the enfeebling magic macc evoliths like none on the earth one but 6 might be higher than it actually goes.

And even so it might take alot of tries to get a 6. Each of which will cost you 80 scylds just to accept the hunt. And if you cancel say because it wasn't up or someone killed while you were getting the hunt and you want to still be able to FOV you don't get the scylds back.

You could add some extra vs mob type in there though once you figure out what one you would want it on the most. Say cerb you could add vs beast +6macc or something
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2010-02-16 07:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

dare to be HARDCORE!!
 Ragnarok.Holyman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-02-16 11:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for responses .

AF1 body is good but If I remember correctly there was some critical point where adding more skill is not as effective , in my max +enfeebling skill I have 339 skill + 12 Macc "not including staff bonus" that puts me @351 skill , that's kinda much for heavy skill build as my MND drops really low in that build .
Kujata.Argettio said:
16 > 15 5 > 0 2:0 to Ebur.
Ramuh.Dasva said:
The problem with that math is it actually only has 3macc on it. Also there isn't alot of info out on wiki about the the amount you get from the enfeebling magic macc evoliths like none on the earth one but 6 might be higher than it actually goes. And even so it might take alot of tries to get a 6. Each of which will cost you 80 scylds just to accept the hunt. And if you cancel say because it wasn't up or someone killed while you were getting the hunt and you want to still be able to FOV you don't get the scylds back. You could add some extra vs mob type in there though once you figure out what one you would want it on the most. Say cerb you could add vs beast 6macc or something
I'm sorry I was sleepy when I posted this ;x , actually yeah you're right it's 3 Macc .

But still I forgot to mention that I can add Vs Beast Macc which will still bring me to number above the 15 skill on AF1 .
So Argettio equation is totally valid & right still :P

For Dasva , I'm assuming the optimal & ideal numbers for Max slots / Best Evoliths & won't try to etch less than that , while there is no much info on it in wiki , I know from friend that evolith can go up to Macc+6 for earth enfeebling & Macc+7 for Vs Beasts given I have max slot @8 , that easily Macc+21 when dMND is less than 10 , so It's still optimal numbers .

assuming I can't get those numbers , Do you think dropping +15 skill 'which might be less effective that high' for MND+5 & some Macc is better trade-off ?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-16 12:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally as far as HNMs go I believe in acc over potency. Meaning if you can't land it reliably get more skill/macc if you can then more potency.

Now I know some people will just say but 39% slow is so much better than what 25-30% for base slow2 and you can just cast it until you land it...

However I have seen what doing that does. You just make the mob that much more resistant and then wont be able to land any. And I'd rather have a decent slow the whole fight then a slightly better one for only 10 min lol

So as far as the body goes it kind depends. If you can get close like within 1 or 2 in macc from macc and mnd combine yeah go for a little more potency. If you are only getting say 10... well I'd wonder why you aren't just using errant lol.

But if you say you know someone that got 6 earth assuming that is the max I'd say 4-5 would be easy to get. And your friend got 7 vs beast which is higher than wiki so is probably one of those 1/15 shot kind of things. Like I got 2 +8ratt vs birds even though wiki says only 4-7 but took me 30+ tries. So I'd say 5-6 should be reasonable to get without killing too many times.

So vs beast you reasonably should get at least as much acc as af body plus a little potency. With any luck at all you will have more.