RDM NM Solo List!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM NM solo List!
RDM NM solo List!
First Page 2
 Titan.Shadowsonic
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Tails
By Titan.Shadowsonic 2010-02-11 01:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So i just got w.legs for my rdm, and told myself when i get w.legs i'd start soloing NMs. So now that i have them, i would like some recomendations for fun NMs to solo with RDM! :D

Please and Thank You!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-11 01:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

(List of every NM in the game minus a handful) >:3
[+]
 Ramuh.Ilvex
Server: Ramuh
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-02-11 01:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

it's soloable by a redmage if you can kill it before the next server maintenance XD

PS sorry for the not so helpful comment, but really outside of most of the HNM's and a hand full of NM's that resist/immune to gravity/bind it's pretty much all of them if you take the time
[+]
 Garuda.Phafi
Server: Garuda
user: phafi
By Garuda.Phafi 2010-02-11 03:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The Scarlet King ks30
 Titan.Ardiem
user: Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2010-02-11 03:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

To get you used to soloing in general(keeping shadows up, managing MP, knowing when to convert) I'd suggest Despot in sky, you can earn pretty decent exp trying to pop him too. When you do get him to pop I suggest kiting him down to one of the two square lakes on either side of the entrance to sky. Be sure not to cast magic within aggro range of Pots or you'll go crazy trying to kill/sleep the pot and keep claim on Despot. He will begin to resist Gravity as well(eventually it won't stick for more than a few seconds) but don't panic, you're easily capable of outdistancing him with W. Legs, just stick to Bio/Poison if you aren't comfortable with your abilities to nuke him.

Another good one(with a much better drop) is Ga'Lhu Nevermolt(Terror Shield NM). Kiting Nevermolt isn't very practical, my suggestion is to bring a platoon dagger and use Enthunder2(use sushi, sub NIN, Genbu's offhand). The goal is to prevent him from gaining TP and using Poison and Bio in addition to Enspell to kill. Be prepared for a long fight though, while neither Despot nor Nevermolt are very hard Nevermolt will being to spam cure himself around 30%, bring a stack of toolbags and be prepared to dedicate around 2 hours to the mob your first couple solos.

Once you've learned to manage your resources on RDM and are comfortable in your abilities the sky really is the limit. With the exception of large HNMs there aren't many NMs that don't have a RDM solo strat attached.

Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-11 03:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

OK:

* All of Sky except Byakko and Kirin.
* All the Ix'arens, JoF and JoT.
* A lot of the SCNM mobs (I cba to list them all, but with skill a RDM can do nearly all of the).
* A bunch of missions.
* Nearly all KSNM30 and ENM.

I am sure there are more, but that's the ones that come to mind.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-11 04:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ardiem said:
Another good one(with a much better drop) is Ga'Lhu Nevermolt(Terror Shield NM). Kiting Nevermolt isn't very practical, my suggestion is to bring a platoon dagger and use Enthunder2(use sushi, sub NIN, Genbu's offhand). The goal is to prevent him from gaining TP and using Poison and Bio in addition to Enspell to kill. Be prepared for a long fight though, while neither Despot nor Nevermolt are very hard Nevermolt will being to spam cure himself around 30%, bring a stack of toolbags and be prepared to dedicate around 2 hours to the mob your first couple solos.
Just so you're prepared ahead of time, this NM is a serious pain in the ***, with two different TP moves that can kill you at any time if you get unlucky. That said, very easy once you get the technique down (Though I can't recommend meleeing it, just nuke it down to roughly 33% and make sure you have enough MP to chainspell to bring down the last bit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Calif
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Calif 2010-02-11 05:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously w.legs will make almost all rdm solos easier, but I was wondering how many NMs would become just too impractical to solo without them.

I'm starting to level rdm (slowly) and am interested in the solo possibilities at 75. However, I'm certain I will never get w.legs now, so I'm wondering how essential they are, so I can work out now whether it's worth the effort of starting to build a solo gear set.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-11 05:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Most solos are still very possible with them, especially with the +8% movement speed legs out if you really need movement speed. I'd imagine a few of the SCNMs and Sea solos would be nasty without but other than that, very little requires them.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-11 05:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Off the top of my head, I just cannot name any NM that RDM can't solo without W Legs, when they would be able to with them. I'm sure there are one or two out there but Crimson Cuisses are basically a luxury in any and almost all situations. I've done Faust without them, etc.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-11 05:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the new nms are alot easier with movement speed. Without some good terrain to confuse it alot of them you will never gain distance or often lose it without. And some of them are pretty long pulls to find anything decent to do that with.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-11 06:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the Skystrider Stronghold NM came to mind just after I hit Submit.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-11 06:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and any NM that pretty much requires you to pull it thru massive amounts of aggro to get somewhere kitable/zonable probably need some kind of movement speed to make it to a zone. For example I beleieve the Nm for Cinquedea requires something like this to solo. Probably even to duo lol
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-11 06:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Oh and any NM that pretty much requires you to pull it thru massive amounts of aggro to get somewhere kitable probably need some kind of movement speed to make it to a zone.
Powder Boots. I can do the pull just fine on SCH/RDM with just Sandstorm. Would be weird if you couldn't pull it off with +Flee on boots.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-11 06:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on how far it is. If it is more than a min walk away that might be a problem.

Also going too fast can be a problem as you will have to zone earlier. And now the distance between the mobs you most recently aggrod and the NM is much greater making going back and getting it harder. In alot of places that could require you to making 2 or more pulls.

Though I have noticed the new NMs take forever and 5 days to get back to anywhere. Like I died to the scorp one in CN a couple of times. And everytime I ran back in the time it took me to get back it was still almost at the same place
 Fenrir.Retin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2010-02-11 06:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You generally don't/won't need crimson/blood cuisses for NMs where is it safe, and you are capable of strightanking them. With 5/5 Slow II, Dusk hand/feet(+1 on either is a pluss), AF1 hat/AF2 body, Swift belt, Loquac.earring and Nashira legs most things will not hit you untill your utsu timers are back up.

Rapido might, the demon NM for astrolabe with quadrastrike might(I strightanked him till I found out it's 10 times easier to just outrun quadra>_>) Myself can't worship my blood cuisses enough, nor will I ever be able too. Like Raen said. The ASA legs with +8% speed will also help you out a ton. While not being 12%, they will get the job done in time anyway. Just takes for a bit more running xD

Also, one more thing. This goes out to RDM solists, crimson legs or not. Bind will save your *** 10 times as often as gravity ever will. So get a -good- bind setup, mix in some haste if you have no trouble landing them and work that ice magic acc. While some people love gravity and overuse it, myself have it as a backup to bind only. I guess you will eventually find out yourself, but from my, and others personal experience, this works best:)

GL too you on your solos and feel free to PM me if you want tips/hints/suggestions.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-11 07:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also, one more thing. This goes out to RDM solists, crimson legs or not. Bind will save your *** 10 times as often as gravity ever will. So get a -good- bind setup, mix in some haste if you have no trouble landing them and work that ice magic acc. While some people love gravity and overuse it, myself have it as a backup to bind only. I guess you will eventually find out yourself, but from my, and others personal experience, this works best:)

This is all very true, and why you should always take 5 Convert merits over 5 Wind Accuracy merits.
 Titan.Ardiem
user: Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2010-02-11 22:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I whole-heartedly agree with Bind being able to save your *** much more often than Gravity, but Gravity isn't to be under-estimated. They are both tools that you can utilize to accomplish your goals.

For merits convert and ice M. Acc is really the way to go. Rarely when soloing am I ever 1min 40s away from convert and *desperate* for MP, but it does help to maximize your MP efficiency, and 15 magic Acc when casting Bind can save you.

Meleeing Nevermolt is really no different than nuking him, it just requires less attention to MP than nuking him does(you'll rarely be counting the ticks till you can recast stoneskin, lol). Shell Charge and Ore Lob *can* one-shot you if you're extremely unlucky, but in general its easy to recover from(You can even out-run them). Save convert for around 30%, its much faster to chainspell nuke him dead than it is to sit there waiting for him to run out of MP(though he will, eventually....but don't rely on it). Periodically he will turn his back to face you, at that point he takes very little damage from behind(he'll even resist enfeebling spells more frequently) and will stop attacking you, most people use this time to get a buff or two up, or to convert.

Happy hunting, if you'd like any advice or strategies please feel free to contact me via PM.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Remora.Eriuddo
Server: Remora
user: Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2010-03-13 11:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

As a rule of thumb, anything you can solo with wlegs can be soloed without them. They speed some fights up, don't effect most at all. Here's my list, if you want to pick things out of it to try:

-Sky-
Despot
Ullikummi
Olla Pots
Steam Cleaner
Brigandish Blade(with mule to killshot)
Faust
Zipacna
Genbu
Seiryu
Suzaku

-Sea-
Ix'Aern(all 3)
Jailer of Hope
Jailer of Temperance
Jailer of Fortitude

-SCNM-
Ga'Lhu Nevermolt
Observant Zekka
Bres
Mu'Nhi Thimbletail
Di'Zho Spongeshell
Blifnix Oilycheeks
Va'Gho Bloodbasked
Ra'Dha Scarscute
Marquis Forneus
Cogtooth Skagnogg
Draketrader Zlodgodd
All-Seeing Onyx Eye

-Triggered Mobs-
Hakutaku
Alastor Antlion
Kinepikwa
Bloodlapper

-Misc NM-
Killer Jonny
Cactrot Rapido
Ixtab
Autarch
Baobhan Sith
Bune
Taxim
Ungur
Amikiri
Guivre
Pelican
Voluptuous Vivian
Capricious Cassie
Manes
Bloodsucker
Phanduron/Drexerion the Condemned
Ignamoth

-ZNM-
Vulpangue
Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon
Brass Borer
Ob
Velionis
Chigre
Lil Apkallu
Iriz Ima
Lividroot Amooshah
Anantaboga
Reacton
Verdelet
Wulgaru
Zareehkl the Jubilant(may not be possible any more if his glitch is still around, long fight and not very fun/difficult)
Armed Gears
Dea
Nosferatu
Nuhn

The strategies vary between these fights greatly, but there are 5 basic fight types to keep in mind in general.

Type 1(Melee): Only viable on the easiest of solos. Engage with a sword, use slow/paralyze as needed, make it's hp 0. The only notable melee solo I can think of is Cassie.
Examples: Cassie, Steam Cleaner, Bloodsucker, Observant Zekka

Type 2(Boring): Cast bio. Outrun mob with wlegs. Cast nukes as MP permits. Repeat until it dies. Can be done slower without wlegs in almost all cases.
Examples: Despot, Ix'aerns, Brass Borer, Etc

Type 3(Bind): Adaptation of boring method, use bind to gain space, keep haste in your composure cycle to minimize recast and buff yourself between binds. Most of these mobs are not friendly and you want to keep fresh buffs for if bind wears quickly.
Examples: Faust, Seiryu

Type 4(No TP): Tank, using a ceremonial dagger and enspells. Use poison/slow whenever possible if they stick. Use discretion for bio/nukes. Refresh stoneskin if it gets damaged to lower chances of getting hit for above 0.
Examples:Cactrot Rapido, Ga'lhu Nevermolt, Bune

Type 5(Hardcore): Adaptation of No TP method. Monster is too tough to deal with to reliable use ceremonial dagger, instead you need to focus solely on keeping yourself alive and use very little offensive damage. Both magic damage- and physical damage- setups are commonly required.
Example: Suzaku
[+]
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-13 12:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-13 12:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

no?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-13 12:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I can totally solo Spiny Spipi on RDM, it's not on the list.

/nods
By Mystluna 2010-04-11 22:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry to be a goobie noobie but what are w.legs
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-11 22:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Mystluna said:
I'm sorry to be a goobie noobie but what are w.legs

Crimson Cuisses; they make you move 12% faster. So you can outrun more or less every NM you solo. Awesome for DoT kiting, even better for when you *** up and need a breather!
Quote:
As a rule of thumb, anything you can solo with wlegs can be soloed without them.

And I couldn't disagree with this more. The difference between WLegs and no WLegs is the fact you don't have to rely on unpredictable monster pathing to kite stuff.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-11 22:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Crimson Cuisses or Blood Cuisses, from the Wyrmal Abjuration: Legs, a drop from Kirin. They provide +12% movement speed along with other less significant stats.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-04-11 22:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

LoO can be solo'd by a rdm/whm. watched that, was pretty amazed at the fact that they straight tanked somehow
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-11 22:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That impresses me also by the sound of it, though I've never tried straight tanking it on rdm.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
Server: Leviathan
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-05-05 14:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Aeyela, a normal run speed mob, even the ones that can't be debuffed, runs no faster than you do. If you outrun it in a straight line it'll never catch you, so there's no relying on bad pathing. If it takes longer to screw up it's pathing, you'll get to cast more, but very few fights illustrate this. Honestly, the only one I can even think of off the top of my head is Alastor Antlion. The handful of mobs that can't be debuffed or properly straight tanked all either lend themselves to an easy kiting area(ix'mnk, jailer of fort, etc) or cast spells frequently(verdelet), or both(ix'drk). This is coming from someone who had their account banned and had to start over from scratch without wlegs: They don't enable solos, or even significantly speed them up. Yes, I got a new pair. Yes, I love them. No, it's not because they change ***for soloing.. they're just convenient, especially in sea(training to find ???s/temp phs/etc).
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-05 14:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not getting hit > getting hit for less.
First Page 2