users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Iron Man 2....fail
Iron Man 2....fail
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-29 18:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Don Cheadle, will replace Terrence Howard (Rhodey/War Machine) in the Iron Man movies (iron man 2, 3 and possibly the avengers).

dunno about you guys but this pisses me off. i liked howard in iron man, and it was apparently a shock to him that he was replaced. that other guy is too skinny looking to be a proper war machine. it reminds me of topher grace as venom in spiderman 3 >.<

(cited here ------> http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-terrence-howard-ft-1023oct23,0,7851928.story)
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-10-30 01:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Don Cheadle is confirmed for Iron Man 2 and The Avengers. It saddened me too they replaced Howard. Don is a good actor but I don't see him filling the part. It's like Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury >.>

Scares me who Thor will be.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2008-10-30 08:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf they just *** up the series i hate when they do ***like this hulk was invevitale of being *** up I undertaand that but replacing this dude for what?
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-10-30 09:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What's next? Replacing Robert Downey Jr.?
 Ramuh.Jackel
Server: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2008-10-30 09:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't go to see Iron Man for War Machine or Howard, so quit being dramatic. People said the same crap about the possibles of who would play Stark, and even with all the doubts, it was an amazing success. You'll pay to see the movie regardless of who plays War Machine, so get used to it.
 Bismarck.Bairdos
Server: Bismarck
user: Bairdos
By Bismarck.Bairdos 2008-10-30 09:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently he was replaced due to financial differences among other reasons.
Pretty sure Cheadle will suck due to his small stature, but hey, Downey Jr. surprised me so who knows how Cheadle will perform.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-10-30 10:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Lets start worrying about who the enemy will be in AVENGERS..

I mean we still have iron man 2 and 3 to play so with War Machine having some role.. I can attest a few baddies to begin with...

The dood who was helping Banner rid himself as HULK, had Banner's blood Drip into his brain so which makes me further believe that the army is up to no good OR its the involvement of AIM- Advanced Idea Mechanics. M*O*D*O*K (Something tells me that It could be AIM b/c Aim also ties in the Fantastic 4 as well as the Mandarin too b/c of the RINGS... IDK.. Stan lee has opened a can of worms.. that is making him Stinking Rich... Lookout JK Rowling.. you;re not the only one that a series can make a killing on!!

Please check the Ultimate alliance Website for info..

http://www.marvelultimatealliance.com/characters.php?id=295

We could also think that Gargoyle or Fin Fang Foom too

Who knows.. we still got 2 Iron Man Movies to go thru and Stark still has to Deal with his Alcholism bout... so.. Wait and see...
 Leviathan.Zelandred
Server: Leviathan
user: Zelandred
By Leviathan.Zelandred 2008-10-30 16:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure who the enemy would be in the Avengers movies, but I'd be willing to say that the guy who played Dr. Stern in the Hulk movies is going to end up being transformed into the Leader (... enemy from the Hulk series, not sure of anything other than that, stuff I read when I was much younger...). I'm just going to go ahead and call the 'other' Hulk the Abomination and point out he's not dead as well.

My main question is this: Although the Avengers movie is in the works, or made, or w/e, could it seem to anyone else like the one of the possible directions going to be taken from the end of both Hulk & Iron Man movies could be.... 'Hulk v. Iron Man'? It was a recurring theme in the comics, and would make a decent lead in for the Hulk character to joining the Avengers team, as in the end of the movie it looked like he was learning to control the Hulk. I'm sure that when Nick Fury addressed Stark in Iron Man about making a 'team' he was likely talking about the Avengers, but when Stark talked to Ross at the end of Hulk, it -is- possible he was talking about the 'Hulk-Busters' team, or w/e it's called.

And honestly, who else are you going to get to play Fury besides Jackson? I mean, sure, there are other guys that would probably look the part alright. In the fact that they're... white. But if you want any question as to who's the best actor for it... check out the movie 'Basic' with Travolta & Jackson. That being said... -he- would have made a great War Machine. But that's another kettle of fish.

To... contradict myself... I'm actually going to put my money on the villian for the Avengers movie being a Captain America villian. Not committing to anyone specifically, but that's the venue my money is on. Take into account the mention of their 'one success' with the Super Soldier program in the Hulk movie, and the fact that the Avengers was formed with Captain America as the back bone and... I'd say you pretty much have it all in a nut shell right there. I could be wrong.

'Nuff said.
 Bismarck.Eltoshan
Server: Bismarck
user: Eltoshan
By Bismarck.Eltoshan 2008-10-30 18:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They're rolling with the Ultimate universe, there's bound to be crazy stuff that won't ring well with those of us that prefer the Classic storylines.
 Fairy.Buttehrs
user: Bigmikr
By Fairy.Buttehrs 2008-10-30 18:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i gives a crap whos playing who needs more great movies!!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-10-30 18:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Zelandred said:
I'm not sure who the enemy would be in the Avengers movies, but I'd be willing to say that the guy who played Dr. Stern in the Hulk movies is going to end up being transformed into the Leader (... enemy from the Hulk series, not sure of anything other than that, stuff I read when I was much younger...). I'm just going to go ahead and call the 'other' Hulk the Abomination and point out he's not dead as well.

I like that idea myself.. The Leader.. I was going to say that , but I was actually trying to coincide with Thor, Cpt. America Iron Man.. I thought that with the Storyline that was created when Eric Banna played the original Hulk, that AIM was going to be the ones.. But perhaps AIM and The Leader will make a stortyline. I'm sure Jon Faveraux will do a good job. He's Asst. Dir. the Avenger's Movie...I'm sure that he will do a good job..

And as for Stan Lee, it was funny Zelandred, what you said.. His famous lines.. "Nuff Said".. too much!! HAHA"
 Fairy.Telamon
user: prisonsex
By Fairy.Telamon 2008-10-30 20:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

At least they didn't replace RDJ or Gwyneth Paltrow.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-30 21:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed on gwyneth paltrow.

i think that the actor for Thor (July 2010) might have to be someone from WWE...cause i mean thor is huge. the same goes for CAPT america (May 2011) and SHOULD'VE gone for venom in spiderman 3. /sigh

i'd like Jason Statham to be the punisher sometime if they make a 3rd one. oh man Kristin Kreuk playing chun li in the new street fighter (February 2009) movie is awesome! they are already talking about batman 3 (no release date set, the dark knight returns is the tentative title)

confirmed that war machine will be in the avenger movie (July 2011) also.

excited much? i am.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-10-30 21:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Seth Rogan is doing Green hornet, and what surpriesed me to play Kato, but none other than Stephen Chow( Kung Fu Hussle and Shaolin Soccer)

I know this is off topic, but it is super hero realted!!

Was Green Hornet Marvel or DC?
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-30 23:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't think green hornet is dc or marvel honestly.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2008-11-02 21:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jackel said:
You didn't go to see Iron Man for War Machine or Howard, so quit being dramatic.
QFT

IMO, Terence Howard had the weakest performance of everyone in Iron Man, was paid the most despite being a supporting character, and was reportedly the least cooperative during filming. Don Cheadle, on the other hand, is an accomplished actor and I, for one, am excited about the replacement.
 Shiva.Vexarana
Server: Shiva
user: Vexarana
By Shiva.Vexarana 2008-11-12 18:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.

I looked these people up, and honestly, I'm glad.

He was a good actor and all, but HIM being paid THE MOST? Sounds like his ego is too big for his head and all he cares about is money. Robert Downey Jr. gave a GREAT performance and if Howard can't deal with not being the "main man" on the paycheck then it will be good to see him gone.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-11-12 18:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

While howard looked the perfect part is one thing. If he cant be the perfect part is another. He did have a very small part in that movie if he was paid anywhere near the most then that is rediculous.
Robert did a great job with iron man i thought, and while he's not that big, the machine made him bigger, so...

Don cheadle is a good actor, while he might not look the part i have faith that he can make it work.

Green Hornet is an old radio show character from 1930's.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [93 days between previous and next post]
 Unicorn.Gunblade
Server: Unicorn
user: Koshin
By Unicorn.Gunblade 2009-02-13 18:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

IF, IF they even have war machine in it. Besides, I thought Howard was outta place as jim. >.>
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-02-13 19:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

still sucks terrance said in detail he did not know what happened him self i doubt he asked for more money.... they did it his contract went poof in thin air... maybe the agent said something that caused this. But it seems he was ninjaed