Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST Gear
BST Gear
 Ifrit.Durai
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2010-02-03 17:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've finally reached 75, so now I want to start focusing on my gear (Starting with TP). Below is where I'm at now... Where do you think I should go from here?

Ifrit.Rangappa
Server: Ifrit
user: Rangappa
By Ifrit.Rangappa 2010-02-03 17:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a bst by a long shot but, heard Apollo's staff does wonders
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-03 17:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok since you're starting with TP:

Maneater for weapon.

Amemet Mantle+1, Forager's if you can afford it for back.

PCC for neck, but Spectacles are acceptable, you could try spamming the one ACP mission to see if you get a gorget with accuracy+8 if you have the patience, the 9 afterglows one.

Change the earrings to attack+ ones, Coral should be ok.

Thick Breeches will do you more good for TP for legs.

Tiphia Sting for ammo.

Of course, depending on what you're meleeing, you might wanna cut back on some of this if you take too much hate from your pet.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-02-03 17:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have good charm gear? If not get better charm fist. It's much more important then attack gear imo.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-03 18:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no 75 but I do know that it is good to have both a DD and a CHR setup. I'm really only going to suggest a few AH items because those would most likely be the quickest upgrades.

DD is important for a lot of things, especially if you plan on meriting in campaign or doing anything where you know you'll be using a jug and not worried about losing hate or taking hits. As far as back pieces go, work towards getting a Forager's or at least a +1 of the Amemet. Neck piece- try to shoot for Chivalrous Chain. Velocious Belt would be great for storing your TP. Throw in some attack earrings. I like keeping accuracy on my fingers, but that's just a personal preference. You can go for STR rings for Rampage or Attack if you just want a really beefy attack setup. Your main body pieces look ok. Some people loathe the Wal-Mart turban but I am a bit of a haste junkie. The Velocity earring can really be upgraded to anything as most good BST pieces have so much -Eva that its not worth trying to keep up with (although a good EVA setup can be nice, a general DD/Idle setup usually has enough to cancel out any single-piece EVA items you might use). If you're really worried, I'd look into an Earth Staff for when things get messy. An Ice Staff is also pretty good for Tame.

As for a CHR setup goes, I try to just focus on wearing AF pieces and adding CHR in the spots that I can add the most CHR. Try to work towards two Melody Earring +1 as they are the most useful CHR ear pieces. Two CHR rings like Angel's Rings would be nice to macro in with the earrings. Add Light Staff onto that and you've built up a pretty good CHR swap. There are a lot of choices with CHR but I don't like to use more than one macro button for a CHR swap.

As for Ammo, I usually just use Bibiki Seashell because its good for most things. There are a number of options for it though, and Imperial Egg is a nice addition to a CHR setup and BST is really one of the few jobs that can put it to use.
 Garuda.Maasahn
Server: Garuda
user: maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2010-02-03 18:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

BST/WHM TP set
Mirke wardecors: ACC+10 Pet ACC+15

/whm or /nin charm set

/whm or /nin WS set of course theres a second axe if /nin

/nin TP set
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-02-03 18:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always worried more about my CHR set.

For DD I just use Maneater, tat shield, Walmart turban, chiv chain,Coral earrings, Assault Jerkin,Dusk gloves, Echo ring, Woodsman, Potent belt, Can't remember pants. and dusk feet.

I've never been one to care about doing big numbers on BST.

Sterling you would hate my macros, I have two for Charm gear(three if you count the macro to put on earring). And the smae for DD gear
 Ramuh.Phoking
Server: Ramuh
user: phoking
By Ramuh.Phoking 2010-02-04 13:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of my gear might be just a bit out of reach but you can understand the basic concept.

Charm

TP

Rampage

Reward (missing alot of piece due to lack of inv space)

I also macro in misc Pet defense and/or pet offense when applicable (i.e. herder's subligar, lion tamer etc)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [80 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Ayr
Server: Cerberus
user: Ayr
By Cerberus.Ayr 2010-04-25 16:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Charm set

Reward set (does 750hp without food)

2 Kiting sets
I dont have them finished yet, but make one with
lots of -physical dmg taken% and one with lots of Magic Defense Bonus and -magic dmg taken%. Use different ones accordingly depending what you're fighting.
Use for mischarms, swapping pets, kiting/tanking NMs etc.
It can be something as simple as an Earth Staff and a Jelly ring too, doesnt have to be fancy (though some Bsts go crazy with Darksteel Harness +1and such @.@)

If you really decide to get into kiting NMs as Bst, invest in an Enmity set.

Monster gloves for Call Beast

Gaudy Harness

2 Rune axes for if /nin

Idle set

Can also be used for TPing, but no-one really melees on Bst much anyway.

Then if you have room, feel free to make proper TP/WS sets like any other DD, but you'd probably need a Satchel @.@