Forum » FFXI » NMs » Dextrose ZNM T2
Dextrose ZNM T2
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-01-18 13:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki doesnt offer a whole lot of info or testimonials for this ZNM mob . one Testimony states he does basicly what you do . So if you WS , he WS . If you nook , he -Gas , ect . This same testimony also sayz that a MNK/NIN and RDM can duo it but doesnt get specific and is actually quite vague . I was wondering if anyone can give a little more Info , specificly Damage delt by normal Melee , ACC , and possibly a little more infor than 'He's like rubber' .
Why does the melee in a Duo attempt have to be a MNK/NIN ? can this be duo'd by other jobs /NIN ? can a PLD/WAR or PLD/NIN straight tank him . can a RDM/NIN solo ? Any help would be really really hot . needz moar Tier 3 Access .
 Alexander.Kaizan
Server: Alexander
user: Kaizan
By Alexander.Kaizan 2010-01-18 13:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it can be duoed. The puddings around him respawn really quickly and he can go to them to pull their HP. Normally we take him with a 5-6 man blm crew and rdms to gravity and help with nukes. You do have to be careful as there is an elemental that spawns there at times. It's easier to do the dragon unless you want a drop from Dextrose.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-18 13:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've fought him in a group before. Didn't notice anything like him mimicing me. Um probably mnk/nin cause it tanks well counter and subtle blow with great dps. Also formless strikes.

His tp moves can be murder. He once killed a few people (like all our stunners) with one then proceded to mop up everyone else with aga3.

Um solo sounds like it would be impossible. He keeps eating his friends and they respawn quick enough not sure you'd ever finish.

If you just need T3 acess do anna banana. Er the dragon one. Super easy to solo once you get it to a good kite spot. Pretty much anyone with decently fast ranged dmg and/or good gravity can solo it. Done it on rdm/sch. Know a rng that has and also lots of duos of it.
By Ramuh.Monkymancharlie 2010-01-18 13:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not quite sure about how the ws work, and whether he copies you. But damage dealt to him is lowered, but still not bad over all, its just like any other pudding. But if u dont have a few shadows up when he does amorphic scythe or amorphic spikes they will decimate ur ***. A mnk could live because his high hp, i dont know how well a pld can take it, but i dont recommend anything /war. And im sure its possible for a rdm/nin to solo it, it would just be very difficult, because he occasionally runs off and drains 25% of his hp back from another pudding, if ur close enough, it will link. And i may be wrong, but i dont remember any good kite paths around, and if there is, they will be dangerous to get to with him on you, doubt a rdm/nin can straight tank solo him tho. Dunno if this helped, but gl.
 Alexander.Kaizan
Server: Alexander
user: Kaizan
By Alexander.Kaizan 2010-01-18 13:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also any weaponskill done against him results in his five tp move amorphic scythe. So mnk might be ok if you ahve a stunner and you don't weaponskill him
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-01-18 14:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm , Yea i read up on Animorphic spikes and what not , i can see how not having shadows can suck . There is mention on wiki that pulling it far enough results in no draining . does it only TP when you do or does it TP like normal and Scythes you when you WS ? A friend is thinking about wanting his SPear cuz the High DPS but i took a closer look at it and it seems kinda gimp compared to anything else (8.9TP a hit ??!! gaaawwd i think ele staves give more than that lulz)
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-18 14:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried to pull it once. Even tried killing all the puddings. The thing just ran even farther looking for one