Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Server change
Server change
 Bahamut.Maswan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Maswan
By Bahamut.Maswan 2010-01-06 08:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and a couple of other friends are thinking of moving server and this is one of the servers I was thinking of moving to and I have some questions:

1) is it open for moving, I dont know which ones are open or closed anymore >.<
2) any idea what this server is like for missions such as CoP, none of us have yet to complete them
3) What is the leveling like, is it like bahamut where you rarely find a party no matter what level you look on?

Thanks to those who can answer the questions! :)
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-06 09:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Yes, its open for moving.
2) If you guys can make a static yourselves, then you guys have nothing to worry about. Although some shouts still go on, it might take you a couple of months to get thru CoP by shout alone.
3) Leveling still exists, and is frequent. Asura doesn't SMN burn (or at least, not as much as other servers) and everyone still exps the "old fashoned way" (Bird camps in the past, Bird camps in Whitegate, Crawler's Nest camps, Qufim Island camps, etc) so I doubt you would have trouble finding an exp party.

Although I would suggest 2 things.

1) Don't cause trouble. Although Asura drama has died down somewhat, it still exists. Most of the people who caused the drama had to leave though, although some people still are here for making trouble.
2) Know your linkshell. If you get into the wrong shell, your entire reputation goes down the drain. Case in point: 24/7. 24/7 is a talentless RMT shell that only exists for the server's lulz. But anyone who joins 24/7 don't get into any other shells on the server, including socials. People on Asura strongly dislike 24/7 alot. There is another shell like that, but it keeps changing names that I don't know off hand its current name.

Anyway, I hope this helps you out.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Carbuncle
user: dameshi
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-01-06 09:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda miss asura :(
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-06 09:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I left Asura for 3 months. I got bored on the first month on Garuda. Came back to Asura asap.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-01-06 09:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Carby is low pop. It makes it hard to do anything via shouts. Also it's a heavy JP server, which adds to the problem.
[+]
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2010-01-06 10:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh was a decent late night server for US times and had a decent JP and small EU population. Lots of social shells and only a couple HNMLS's but many endgame shells that ran sea and sky.

Early afternoon was quiet though. It was hard to find a party until around 6pm each night and camps got crowded by 9-10pm usually. Friday/Saturday nights its a pain to exp most days. But the server was pretty friendly as far as dynamis conflicting schedules, etc. The JP's there are known for not inviting non-JP's but I guess I could say the same for it the other way around. Then again, who wants to tell someone what to do when they don't understand you in the first place? :-P

I lived in europe for three years of my FFXI life and it was a pain finding a party during the EU primetimes. I moved to the US and it was a joke to find a party compared to what I use to put up with in EU.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-06 10:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

what do you mean "was"?
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-06 10:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a new xfer to Ramuh, I'll have to say Ramuh is still good. I've had no problems with invites, quests or missions. Takes a bit like it has on my prior server, but I still get stuff done.
[+]
 Asura.Charzue
user: CalmCCF
By Asura.Charzue 2010-01-07 02:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
1) Yes, its open for moving. 2) If you guys can make a static yourselves, then you guys have nothing to worry about. Although some shouts still go on, it might take you a couple of months to get thru CoP by shout alone. 3) Leveling still exists, and is frequent. Asura doesn't SMN burn (or at least, not as much as other servers) and everyone still exps the "old fashoned way" (Bird camps in the past, Bird camps in Whitegate, Crawler's Nest camps, Qufim Island camps, etc) so I doubt you would have trouble finding an exp party. Although I would suggest 2 things. 1) Don't cause trouble. Although Asura drama has died down somewhat, it still exists. Most of the people who caused the drama had to leave though, although some people still are here for making trouble. 2) Know your linkshell. If you get into the wrong shell, your entire reputation goes down the drain. Case in point: 24/7. 24/7 is a talentless RMT shell that only exists for the server's lulz. But anyone who joins 24/7 don't get into any other shells on the server, including socials. People on Asura strongly dislike 24/7 alot. There is another shell like that, but it keeps changing names that I don't know off hand its current name. Anyway, I hope this helps you out.
Idk I had a couple of friends in 24/7 some of the nicest people i've ever met and helped me with a lot of things, COP, etc. They're really not that bad. The people you have to watch out for on this server are the elitist *** that won't invite you to a meritpt because of a lack of certain gear/merits. Case in point, my sam got denied to a merit pt because I refuse to use a polearm at birds because i have full gkt merits and a couple of archery merits. There's really no need for a polearm on sam at colibris when I can hit consistent 900+ gekkos and be a lot more accurate.
[+]
 Asura.Andradi
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-01-07 03:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no need to wear gear and use a subjob either, it just makes you kill ***faster.

Use a polearm and crab sushi, kill birds faster. Lol@900 gekkos.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-01-07 03:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

^
[+]
 Asura.Humtum
user: scapular
By Asura.Humtum 2010-01-07 05:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

GK sam on birds is LOL
[+]
 Asura.Charzue
user: CalmCCF
By Asura.Charzue 2010-01-07 11:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andradi said:
There's no need to wear gear and use a subjob either, it just makes you kill ***faster. Use a polearm and crab sushi, kill birds faster. Lol@900 gekkos.
You really need merits to make a polearm work so no thanks. I like having my archery merits.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ktjrn
Server: Fenrir
user: Ktjrn
By Fenrir.Ktjrn 2010-01-07 12:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss asura too.

Fenrir is not so bad here. So far everyone's been good to me. Asura was very fun as well. It's gonna be hard for me to move back though (if and when that time ever comes)
[+]
 Siren.Kimiko
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kimiko
By Siren.Kimiko 2010-01-07 12:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Come to Siren, we have cookies. =)
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-07 12:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kimiko said:
We also have this, unfortunately.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-01-07 12:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Kimiko said:
We also have this, unfortunately.

Not any more...
Get with the times!

Check it
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-01-07 12:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Charzue said:
Asura.Korpg said:
1) Yes, its open for moving. 2) If you guys can make a static yourselves, then you guys have nothing to worry about. Although some shouts still go on, it might take you a couple of months to get thru CoP by shout alone. 3) Leveling still exists, and is frequent. Asura doesn't SMN burn (or at least, not as much as other servers) and everyone still exps the "old fashoned way" (Bird camps in the past, Bird camps in Whitegate, Crawler's Nest camps, Qufim Island camps, etc) so I doubt you would have trouble finding an exp party. Although I would suggest 2 things. 1) Don't cause trouble. Although Asura drama has died down somewhat, it still exists. Most of the people who caused the drama had to leave though, although some people still are here for making trouble. 2) Know your linkshell. If you get into the wrong shell, your entire reputation goes down the drain. Case in point: 24/7. 24/7 is a talentless RMT shell that only exists for the server's lulz. But anyone who joins 24/7 don't get into any other shells on the server, including socials. People on Asura strongly dislike 24/7 alot. There is another shell like that, but it keeps changing names that I don't know off hand its current name. Anyway, I hope this helps you out.
Idk I had a couple of friends in 24/7 some of the nicest people i've ever met and helped me with a lot of things, COP, etc. They're really not that bad. The people you have to watch out for on this server are the elitist *** that won't invite you to a meritpt because of a lack of certain gear/merits. Case in point, my sam got denied to a merit pt because I refuse to use a polearm at birds because i have full gkt merits and a couple of archery merits. There's really no need for a polearm on sam at colibris when I can hit consistent 900 gekkos and be a lot more accurate.

Just when I think some of the people in this game couldn't get any nerdier...now they'll actually deny a samurai a spot in a merit party..because you wouldn't use a polearm?

Some people really need to get up and step away from the keyboard for a little while.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-01-07 12:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And the name-calling over the internet begins...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-01-07 13:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
And the name-calling over the internet begins...
It just now began? O.o
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-07 13:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

yep...just now and now there's a lol added to sam.

People didn't get nerdier, they just got dumber.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-07 14:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Charzue said:
Idk I had a couple of friends in 24/7 some of the nicest people i've ever met and helped me with a lot of things, COP, etc. They're really not that bad. The people you have to watch out for on this server are the elitist *** that won't invite you to a meritpt because of a lack of certain gear/merits. Case in point, my sam got denied to a merit pt because I refuse to use a polearm at birds because i have full gkt merits and a couple of archery merits. There's really no need for a polearm on sam at colibris when I can hit consistent 900 gekkos and be a lot more accurate.
Never heard of a nice 24/7 member before.

Most of the time they are just botting or trying to steal NMs they couldn't claim.

I know cause they do that on a regular basis at any camp. Their application even states that the applicant must be ok with botting, and will be at strong risk of getting perma-banned. or something like that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ktjrn
Server: Fenrir
user: Ktjrn
By Fenrir.Ktjrn 2010-01-07 14:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the perfect shell if you got money to blow on bots and starting up multiple characters.

fortunately, when i was there I never ran into a problem with them (i did not go nm camping a lot), but i thought they were partly defunct now.

Didn't one of their bots break or something? Or maybe i'm confusing it with another shell on another server :o
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-07 17:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They spent 7,500 US bucks on NASA.

They lost it 2 times, and then the guy got sued.

So, they spent 7.5k on a bot that doesn't exist anymore.

Thats like the running joke now, how much 24/7 fails and all that.
 Asura.Cambriia
By Asura.Cambriia 2010-01-07 18:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ktjrn said:
I miss asura too.

Fenrir is not so bad here. So far everyone's been good to me. Asura was very fun as well. It's gonna be hard for me to move back though (if and when that time ever comes)

Ktttt come back ;; <3
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-01-08 02:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling is prolly not terrible here, but could be better. Either way you should be able to find your fill of astral burn or East Ronny, etc, without trouble, (if you have a PL :X). Endgame pickups aren't so bad but I think CoP could be a bit of trouble--not just on Asura, but on all servers. However if you're dedicated and have a lot of time to be online, you can probably grind through those. Friend of mine did them recently but it took him a month, and he's pretty focused.

When it gets to endgame, some people are skeptical of server transfers. But usually people don't ask questions anyway.