Where To Dieinamess..

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Where to Dieinamess..
Where to Dieinamess..
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-06 06:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently started a new Dynamis shell, and as I'm sure you can imagine, it has very little in the LS bank >_> Like say, whatever's in my bank.. Which now is just enough to pay for the glass again XD

I was thinking Dynamis - Lastok or Jeuno as a first run to get the money to pay for this glass + the next.

Where would you recommend? Jeuno while it can drop Sandy/Windy monies? Bastok while it can drop Wooooootz? I know both are fairly easy to lowman, my chat LS did them with pick up groups of ~18 (won, not just farmed).

So my question is, for a new Dyna LS to start farming with 12~13 people, where would you recommend going?

Sandy, Windy, Jeuno or Bastok?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-06 06:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my last ls always counted all synth as synth including wootz so sandy was our big money maker really. Hell we got like 5 100s there once. That run was awesome 2 100s and 4 relic armors in under first 10 min.
 Seraph.Zubuis
Server: Seraph
user: Zubuis
By Seraph.Zubuis 2010-01-06 11:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would do sandy, the currency is worth way more than bastok and just as easy of a run.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-06 11:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandy.
 Titan.Gannonman
Server: Titan
user: Gannonman
By Titan.Gannonman 2010-01-06 12:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

With 12-13 people it's gonna be tough regardless unless you ignore some pulls and sneak around some stuff, but, I'd say either Sandy or Jeuno. From my experiences, pulling Jeuno is a bit easier (aside from after the boss) and Sandy has a couple East/West Ron zone gates if you don't time it just right and you're not used to pulling will wipe you and if you only have 12-13 people it'll be a stretch for time as is, but if you're just looking for currency, yea Sandy is more worth it than most others, still, up to you.
 Sylph.Megumii
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2010-01-06 12:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Would sandy really be a good option? I remember wiping there a few times in my old LS cause of charmga and bad pulls.. with obviously can be achieved right but since it'll be a low man dynamis is this possible or would it mean avoiding the charmga boss?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-06 12:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing people don't realize about this game: The more melees you have, the higher chance things will use annoying TP moves.

As for NMs with Fanatic Dance, a RDM alone can solo them with Grav, Bind, and nukes. Adding more people complicates it, unless they're mages.
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2010-01-06 13:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds about right.

I just don't think a wipe on the first run will go down well or seem like a good omen XD Very keen to avoid it.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-06 13:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wipes are one of the best learning experiences you can offer a fledgling linkshell.

"Don't do this and we won't die again."
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2010-01-06 13:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a very good point :)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-06 13:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Megumii said:
Sounds about right.

I just don't think a wipe on the first run will go down well or seem like a good omen XD Very keen to avoid it.

From my experience, people who think they're too good to die for your shell are generally people you will want to avoid in the longrun anyway. The more of those you can deter near the start, the less drama two months down the line when they become too big for your shell's boots.

As for the original question, I would say it depends on how much overall experience your group has between them (not necessarily in the same shells together.) If 10/12 of those people have never done Dynamis before, Sandy might not be a good choice. But in terms of pure money with just the bank in mind, then my vote goes for Sandy as well. Even if you sell all the Wootz in Bastok, just 1-2 100s in Sandy will net you more than those Wootz since its value perma-slumped a year ago.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-06 13:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, people still melee Orc NMs?

4-5 BLMs can sleep/nuke it easy, as long as you have decent BLMs with decent sleeps.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-06 13:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Wait, people still melee Orc NMs?

We do for the fun of it, Charmga should never wipe an alliance and it's great fun to chase each other around!

Besides, where else can I eagle eye shot my friends without their consent?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-06 13:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Time = money.

I rather BLM burn down all the NMs and do a clear zone than chase people for 3-4 minutes per NM and let them all start hitting me (usually ends up cursing everyone too, which is bad).

Clear zone usually = 12-22 relics.

Clear zone also usually = 200~300 coins, not including 100s.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-06 13:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. Thanks for the replies guys.

For the most part, half of the people we have so far have experience in Dynamis. Some have experience pulling and assisting, some have experience being BLM assists and calling the nukes, etc.

Overall I'm pretty confident in the group we have so far to be able to farm most zones, slowly if nothing else.
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2010-01-06 13:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Sylph.Megumii said:
Sounds about right.

From my experience, people who think they're too good to die for your shell are generally people you will want to avoid in the longrun anyway. The more of those you can deter near the start, the less drama two months down the line when they become too big for your shell's boots.

As for the original question, I would say it depends on how much overall experience your group has between them (not necessarily in the same shells together.) If 10/12 of those people have never done Dynamis before, Sandy might not be a good choice. But in terms of pure money with just the bank in mind, then my vote goes for Sandy as well. Even if you sell all the Wootz in Bastok, just 1-2 100s in Sandy will net you more than those Wootz since its value perma-slumped a year ago.

Yeah that's true I didn't even think of that.
We'll go through the apps and discuss it with people before our first run and see how many of them have been before and know the drill.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-06 13:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
For the most part, half of the people we have so far have experience in Dynamis. Some have experience pulling and assisting, some have experience being BLM assists and calling the nukes, etc.
You should be ok then.

4 BLMs and the rest DD/healer should be able to get the win at least.

Throw in a tank for everyone to /assist on and you can really clear up some spots.
 Remora.Darknaut
Server: Remora
user: Darknaut
By Remora.Darknaut 2010-01-06 13:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience i said Sandy with 13 ppl for Farm, 3 Blm is decent more is better. If you have a skilled group with a mid experience on Dyna, you can Try Jeuno/Bastok but Sandy is more interesting for money ( but depend on luck too ).

Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-06 13:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Time = money.

It lasts 3 hours 30 minutes either way. We don't rely on Sandy for drops, that's what dreamlands are for.