Qufim Island - Top Destination!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Qufim Island - Top Destination!
Qufim Island - Top Destination!
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Kimiyo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 06:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fairy.Usua
Server: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-06 06:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just steal them the moment they turn yellow.
they don't need 5 mobs at a time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2010-01-06 06:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Its done in the jungles too, where the PL will just stack mandys on him or herself and the party will pick one off at a time. My opinion on this if you have the people that are willing go for it. People are so strick on where to level now a days it feels like a lot of very good zones that could be used arnt, because of more or less two reasons.
1) Hard to get there without people agroing and dying every two feet.
2) The targeted mob to kill is "too hard."

With many many zones in this game, I feel after a good long six/seven years now? its time to man up and if qufim is packed, find a new camp and be out of the box a bit. I like to experement with mobs that drop gil items so everyone goes home with exp and pocket changes as well.
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 06:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2010-01-06 06:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The game is suppost to be fun tho, and although yes, thats a very crappy low thing to do, why even bother with these people, just pack up and move along. Because its not going to come down to whats fair and right, its going to going to can out claim and a hatefest. Kinda the viewpoint "Of when life gives you lemons..." There is always lower dellys tower, which has around the same level of mobs as qufim, just a little tougher on a group because of the extra chance of linkage. The worst thing about leveling imo is when people are so damn dependent of FoV, yes its a great system, buffs and exp bonus are a mega plus, but I have run into situations regarding qufim where people will not move into the damn tower because they wont have this or that or no exp bonus. That last bit was kinda a derail from the main topic, but I is sleepy. ><:
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 06:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2010-01-06 16:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You should of seen the mandy stack party we had before x.x; five mobs seemed sain compared to that. But the thing is we were all ventrillo buddys, so we camped far out where we wouldnt bother anyone.

As to the group, sure if thats the way they want to exp, go for it. At least its better then god forsaken SMN burns. All I see when people do that is determination. There dedicated to get there job up and are willing to gride out for hours on end, yes cuthroat is a bad thing, but like I said with the bijillion zones in this game, there is more out there then qufim/FoV. Problem is, a lot of the newer players with level sync... lets just say most, not saying all, but most are not the smartest bunch in the group. It seems rare to find people whom read up on there job, and can dodge agro/or keep themselfs sneaked or invis'ed.
It just confuses me that people will take a job to 75 like they love it, but when they ding that goal, they dont know anything about there job. ><:

I remember being on RDM lfping pre-refresh levels and reading about all the jobs to understand better.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 16:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhh....

People have been doing this long before Level Sync AND FoV at merit camps.

Why is it all of a sudden an issue?
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-01-06 16:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda dodge Qufim now if I can help it. I'd much rather hoof it out to a lesser used area, like Maze of shakhrami, Carpenter's landing etc and have fun out there. Another plus side to no qufim = no banshees! haha

I do think that while the exp is godly if you can get in to one of those parties, it's not worth making every other party around you suffer if your puller is keeping like 4~5 mobs on you.
(Some will disagree with me on this point, that's fair enough^^)

I had one girl in my linkshell who got her DRG (First job to 75) in level sync only, she had never camped anywhere higher than the lv55ish~60 bird camps in Bhaflau. She'd flag up to merit and say "Level sync only" because she didn't know how to get to any camps above Bhaflau. Trying to explain anything to her about her job and her lack of knowledge in said job was about as effective as communicating in Morse Code by banging your head against a wall.
I know I can't blame level sync entirely for situations like this one, but it certainly doesn't help the problem of people being clueless about their job because they're constantly synced down in the 20's x_X

As a closer and note from me on the topic: I don't think this behaviour is necessary, nor should people rely on it. I think when some people go out to exp, they forget that this is an MMO, other people are going to want to enjoy the game too so they should think more of the consequences of their actions (Which for some is too much of a task to give thought.)

Sorry for my rant! haha, have a good day :)~
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-06 16:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:
how do people feel about parties that take more than their fair share of mobs in that place?
Lolwut?

Your fair share of mobs is the number of mobs you can kill in the given timeframe. If there's competition due to available mobs and respawn timers, all parties lose EXP so why isn't the lesser party packing their bags and finding a different camp?

Better parties get more mobs get more exp for having a superior setup. FFXI EXP is not a kid's playroom where we have to share our toys, it's survival of the fittest where lesser parties should pick their *** up and go somewhere else. The problem is everyone's gotten lazy and parties stick to maybe a dozen zones in the entire game, so there's always competition

Quote:
As for the topic in question, I wasn't really bothered or angry at them. I just thought what they were doing is a bit silly. Thats why I asked if its neccessary. I can understand holding 1 to 2 mobs on top of the one they are fighting at that level, but 5 is just stupidity. Doing that means they are affecting anyone else around that area without increasing their own exp rate, because there is more than enough mobs there to support two parties without any problems.
Wrong. Running off to pull more frequently means the PL isn't spending as much time at camp and is therefore not a factor in healing the party itself, which is the primary purpose of a PL. Mass pulls are vastly more efficient, so in fact they were increasing their EXP by pulling 5+ mobs at a time.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-01-06 16:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Kat: I think the OP is more pissed off not with the parties themselves, but some people in those paries that think they 'deserve' the right to disrupt eachothers exp and hinder the progress of those around them. (If that makes sense?)

If certain people in those parties were a little more courteous I think we'd see less topics like these.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 16:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
@ Kat: I think the OP is more pissed off not with the parties themselves, but some people in those paries that think they 'deserve' the right to disrupt eachothers exp and hinder the progress of those around them. (If that makes sense?)

If certain people in those parties were a little more courteous I think we'd see less topics like these.

But the OP moved in on them, not the other way around. Of course they deserve to continue pulling the way they were. They were there first. They don't have to be courteous. They were there first.

Pug Alley can only hold one party nowadays. This isn't RoZ, people.
Quote:
I was reminded of that post the other day when me and some friends went to party there, and we went to pugil alley. There we found just one other party being which was PLed, and their puller was just constantly pulling stuff.

That means the OP moved in on another party. The OP has no right to ***, I'm sorry. He tried to be an ***, and he got burned. Sucks to be them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-06 16:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Israfel said:

If anybody's disrupting another group's EXPing, it's the party earning less EXP. They weren't going to make full use of the area and the PL'd party is doing just that. Doesn't help that the PL'd group was there to begin with... if they were clearing the area, the camp was full no matter how many parties you think it can support. Anything beyond that is overcamping and should be avoided.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-01-06 16:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a while since I've been in Qufim so please forgive me if this statement is wrong, but aren't there 2 camps in pugil alley, one pulling from the west and the other from the east?

I always remember there being a max of like 2 parties there back in the day, I really can't say much for now since it's been a while.. and I'd say it's server-dependant ^^; (Based on how many people are online and exping in qufim at that time etc etc )
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-01-06 16:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
If anybody's disrupting another group's EXPing, it's the party earning less EXP. They weren't going to make full use of the area and the PL'd party is doing just that. Doesn't help that the PL'd group was there to begin with... if they were clearing the area, the camp was full no matter how many parties you think it can support. Anything beyond that is overcamping and should be avoided.

I agree with that if the party was there before her and pulling everything, that Kim would be overcamping on that PT^^.

*sigh* I wish people could just get along!! @___@ haha
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 16:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

People have been doing this in merit camps since ToAU came out. I honestly don't see why everyone is bitching about Qufim.

Don't complain about people wanting easy exp for the upteenth job their leveling when you're doing the exact same thing. If you wanted to go somewhere fun, you'd avoid Qufim. Overcamping there is not new.
[+]
 Remora.Narrubia
Server: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2010-01-06 16:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Your fair share of mobs is the number of mobs you can kill in the given timeframe. If there's competition due to available mobs and respawn timers, all parties lose EXP so why isn't the lesser party packing their bags and finding a different camp?
That's obviously not how SE sees it...
Asura.Kimiyo said:
I had read recently a post by some guy on another forum who got banned after doing Qufim burns for about 4 days and his parties were always PLed and over indulgent with the mobs. SE said he was "depriving others of the gaming experience".
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2010-01-06 17:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Israfel said:
*sigh* I wish people could just get along!! @___@ haha

this.
also, this is one reason i absolutely hate partying at all. being effected by people who are being either selfish, stupid, or just plain out jerks got old about 5 years ago for me.
a lot of people just can't manage not to be *** in this game. i got used it a long time ago. i suggest anyone who has issues with it learn how to deal. i don't like it, but i've accepted it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-06 17:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

OP is just bothered by the fact that one of their friends got burned for doing what this party is doing. Kinda like the double standards you run into with GMs. One GM will do one thing while another GM will just turn their cheek.

I would just find a different place to go exp at. FoV is nice, but Qufim only provides 2-3 mobs worth of exp extra and only comes once a game day. If it takes you all game day to do a page with a PL then something is wrong.

To the OP,

I feel your pain, but it's just best to go somewhere else.
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 18:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-06 18:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Narrubia said:
That's obviously not how SE sees it...
Not that it changes anything and yes I did notice that, but since SE has a bad habit of being incredibly inconsistent with these things I no longer take that at face value.

Asura.Kimiyo said:
To Nightfyre, what exactly is the given timeframe for killing the mobs? I sat and watched them for awhile and they weren't exactly killing the mobs super quick. Technically we could have went and stole all the yellow mobs from them, but that is just rude which is the point of the topic and my phrasing "fair share of mobs". Additionally... since when did the PL need to leave camp with the puller? o.O you must be in some strange PL parties buddy.
Timeframe is arbitrary. 10 minutes, an hour, whatever. What you can kill in x time is what you deserve, no more, no less. If you're getting less due to competition, the second party to arrive should move out of courtesy. If a better party wants to force a lesser one out of a prime camp... it's not courteous, but it is more efficient on the whole. Misread the puller thing, for some reason I saw what you typed as the PL was group pulling. Ignore that part of my post, though it nonetheless is more efficient as the puller can stay at camp and DD.

Quote:
Point in case - they were pulling every mob only to be greedy, not because they were killing them fast. I said 5 mobs, at some points they had 4 pugils plus 3 crabs on them and not going anywhere fast. We had already moved to other side at that point (they started pulling more as soon as they saw us). If thats your version of good etiquette and the new party overcamping, I'm really worried about the state of our community...
Were they competing with respawns? Regardless, as mentioned it's more efficient due to less time with the puller not DDing. If they were pulling faster than they were killing on average, yes they're just being ***. My assumption since you never said anything to the contrary is that the number of mobs pulled per minute matched the number of mobs being killed per minute - it just appeared to be excessive because there was often a large number of mobs at camp.

Quote:
FYI, the person I mentioned who got banned for Qufim burns was not my friend. Don't know where that came from Lilbusta >.< Its just a topic I saw on BG.
Without rereading that thread, weren't there additional factors beyond simply controlling the camp?
Quote:
please don't fool anyone by saying Qufim island was as popular way back when as it is now >.<
As parties go, I find it's actually less popular now than it was a year or two ago. Fields of Valor, AFburning, and an increasingly topheavy playerbase has emptied the place out somewhat, at least on Fenrir.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 18:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:

To Katarzyna, you are paticularly aggressive in your postings. There is two camps at the area I am mentioning. And did I get burned? No. Because it is in the ToS that you DO have to be courteous and have manners to other players. That is precisely why the party I am talking about were not there for much longer after my party leader called the GM. I disagree with everything you said, and so does SE apparently.

Being courteous does not mean "bowing down to Kimiyo's every whim." They had every right to get angry when you moved in on them. You clearly saw they were good enough to make a "2 party camp" a one party camp, and you moved in on them anyway.

You're a cry baby, and a bigger jerk than you imagine yourself to be. Get over it.

And yes, I am being aggressive, thanks for noticing. I can't stand people who have this over indulgent, self-importance complex. Just because you show up to camp doesn't mean I have to move to change the way I'm getting exp. You're not important to me. Your exp isn't important to me.I think I speak for the people you wrongly called a GM on as well.

Quote:
One last thing, to the people who just seem to want to flame me, read my posts - I already said I'm all for parties in uncommon and exciting locations!!!

Then why didn't you go to those uncommon and exciting places in the first place?
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 18:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 18:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You've obviously never been in a Qufim party where mobs die in 30 seconds.

I read quite well, thanks for asking. You condone the action of your leader calling a GM. You might as well have pulled the trigger yourself.

Last I checked, your leader wasn't here QQing about "rude layer tactics." You were.
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 18:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 18:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather be aggressive and "shake my epeen" than be a self serving moron who's pissed because they couldn't get any exp when they wanted.

PS: Why didn't you go to those exciting areas again?
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 18:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 18:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Come on, if you're going to flame me, think of something better than the 1st grade playground.

I'm predicting "Your mom" insults next.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-06 18:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:
Their puller was never at camp, therefore never adding to the damage of party... he would simply wait around for any new mobs to appear and immediately pull them.
This goes back to my prior question: were they killing as fast as they pulled? Seeing as the PL was apparently never overwhelmed by the number of mobs beating on them, I can only assume so.
Quote:
FYI, comparing merit parties where mobs die in like 30 seconds to a qufim island party is... stupid.
A buffed and PL'd Qufim party can certainly reach the 30-40 seconds per kill range with good DDs and food. Sounds like this group wasn't quite up to that though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-06 18:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:

To Katarzyna, you are paticularly aggressive in your postings. There is two camps at the area I am mentioning. And did I get burned? No. Because it is in the ToS that you DO have to be courteous and have manners to other players. That is precisely why the party I am talking about were not there for much longer after my party leader called the GM. I disagree with everything you said, and so does SE apparently.

Aggressive or not, Katarzyna is right. Get over it. If you can kill quickly and you have a good puller, you can have a lot of mobs. People who are good at what they they do get fast xp as a reward. It's a meritocracy.

I don't see how you figure that SE disagrees. I saw that thread you mentioned. It has zero credibility. It's right here:

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75273

Op has six posts. The very first post after the op calls for POIDH. Over four pages, op windbags it up, but pics are never produced. I call BS.
[+]
First Page 2 3