Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Small question~~
Small question~~
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-01-01 23:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since I'm on break from FFXI, but I am planning to return soon I figured it would be great to get the new expansion packs since I skipped out on those e_e;

My main problem is, I own a european account, but live in the states! (onoez x_x) and While the sale is going on, I see it's available for $11 but I'm unsure if I can obtain it this way incase the version they are offering on Steam is not for all regions @___@;

Has anyone had any experience with this? Since I'd really like to grab these packs before the sale ends on the 3rd. #_# I think I left it a little late, but oh well^^;

Have a great day guys! and thanks for your time^^
 Asura.Andradi
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-01-01 23:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure the collection on Steam is US region only, meaning it won't work with your account.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
Server: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-01 23:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's quite the question... I'm not sure how to help you at all.
I have a japanese friend who's in the UK right now, and somehow she owns the NA versions of FFXI (though she made her account in Japan).
I can try to contact her to see if she can answer your question, but since you're in a hurry I'm not too sure on how fast I can answer you.

Sorry~
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-01-01 23:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your feedback everyone^^

I'm kinda pissed at SE, they don't have the discounted version advertised at 11 euros, they only discounted the American version then if I'm either: being really blind or SE are being rather sneaky about it e_e

oh well Q____Q

Thanks for your time guys~

Garuda.Mameshiba
Server: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-01 23:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant to edit my other post because I forgot to write this!
but here it is:
Yeah Steam is regional for US only, like Andradi said.

Pretty bad =(
 Asura.Kimiyo
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 05:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-01-06 06:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No longer possible? hmm, why would they change that? I heard before that even though it's only one code, that code will enable every expansion lacking in one account. Did they really change this? This is messed up dammit. I wanted to get that pack.
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 06:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-01-06 07:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you have just joined PlayOnline, you cannot use that registration code for another PlayOnline ID's expanded services registration or Content ID purchases.

Also, if you have used your registration code for expanded services on a pre-existing PlayOnline ID, you cannot use that registration code to join PlayOnline with a new PlayOnline ID.

hmmm, i think it works then.

1 says you can't use it on 2 accounts.

2 says that if you use it in an existing account, you wont be able to create a new account. That was possible before because we would only use the expansion codes, and we could still create a new account with the pol and ffxi codes that remained.
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-01-06 07:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply