Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Inventory Space
Inventory Space
 Remora.Eriuddo
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-08 10:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with the addition of satchel, I find I have nowhere near enough space on RDM when soloing. I've got my space planned out for future gear as well as current, and coming up way short, so I'd like to hear other hardcore RDM's soloing setups as far as inventory/satchel go as well as opinions on mine.

1. Fourth Mace
2. Mythic Wand +1*
3. Aquilo's Staff
4. Auster's Staff
5. Terra's Staff
6. Jupiter's Staff
7. Neptune's Staff
8. Apollo's Staff
9. Pluto's Staff
10. Phantom Tathlum
11. Bugard Strap +1
12. Raptor Strap +1
13. Sentinel Shield
14. Duelist's Chapeau
15. Walahra Turban
16. Goliard Chapeau
17. Warlock's Chapeau +1
18. Darksteel Cap +1
19. Coral Visor +1
20. Goliard Saio
21. Wlk. Tabard +1
22. Duelist's Tabard
23. Errant Hpl.
24. Coral Scale Mail +1
25. Darksteel Harness +1
26. Glamor Jupon
27. Morrigan's Robe**
28. Morrigan's Cuffs
29. Crimson Fng. Gnt.
30. Dusk Gloves
31. Duelist's Gloves
32. Stone Mufflers
33. Coral Fng.Gnt. +1
34. Darksteel Mittens +1
35. Dvt. Mitts +1
36. Tatsumaki Sitagoromo(3 haste 25 hp +4 enm)
37. Nashira Seraweels**
38. Blood Cuisses
39. Duelist's Tights
40. Mahatma Slops
41. Yigit Seraweels
42. Dst. Subligar +1
43. Coral Cuisses +1
44. Warlock's Tights +1
45. Goliard Clogs
46. Dusk Ledelsens
47. Dst. Leggings +1
48. Coral Greaves +1
49. Orochi Nodowa
50. Prudence Torque
51. Gnole Torque
52. Uggalepih Pendant
53. Enhancing Torque
54. Enfeebling Torque
55. Elemental Torque
56. Stone Gorget
57. Witch Sash
58. Lieutenant's Sash
59. Velocious Belt
60. Qiqirn Sash +1
61. Shadow Mantle
62. Merciful Cape
63. Altruistic Cape
64. Hexerei Cape
65. Aslan Cape
66. Gleeman's Cape
67. Loquac. Earring
68. Ethereal Earring
69. Mamool Ja Earring
70. Merman's Earring
71. Moldavite Earring
72. Enfeebling Earring
73. Omega Ring
74. Aqua Ring
75. Snow Ring
76. Merman's Ring
77. Merman's Ring
78. Jelly Ring
79. Balrahn's Ring
80. Linkshell
81. Open stack of shihei
82. open space to take food/shihei bags out of satchel for use

This leaves me at -2 inventory. I'm sure the first sacrifice would be Qiqirn Sash+1 and Yigit Seraweels as they're HMP only, which puts me back at 80/80. However, once I get Morrigan's Slops/Pigaches, I will want to carry them both for MND setup and having 4/5 already in inventory will mean I need to take my Coronal out of storage. I can stop carrying Mahatma when I get morrigan's legs, but after that I'm still back to -2.. any input on how other solo RDMs manage space?

*This is used for MDT set. I own a Muse Tariqah, but once I get an Alkalurops I will not be carrying either so planning ahead(Alka for both MDT and max potency slow/para).

**I don't own Nashira Seraweels or Morrigan's Robe yet, I'm planning ahead. Currently 0/7 on Seraweels and 0/188 on Macha's Coat. I am first for both and have my ingots/etc sitting in storage if coat does drop.
[+]
 Hades.Sephrin
Server: Hades
user: xSephrinx
By Hades.Sephrin 2009-12-08 11:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That is quite a lot of gear. I suppose what you can do is take into consideration the types of mobs that will be in the area. For example, If you are going to go solo a mob that doesn't cast magic spells then you don't need -magic dmg gear on you. Keep it in satchel until you do need it.
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-08 11:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wallmart Turban. Why?
Duelist hat for idle\mp and af hat for fastcast. The turban is useless.
 Remora.Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-08 11:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste and Fast Cast are independant recast calculations.

11% fast cast reduction(traits, loq).. Warlock's chapeau + duelist's tabard will take off 10/89(going from 11/100 to 21/100) or 11.2% of your recast.

29% haste(6 vbelt, 3 legs, 3 hands, 2 feet=14 + 15 haste spell).. 9/71 = 12.6% recast reduction from Goliard Saio and Walahra Turban.

It takes an additional second off of my ni timer, which isn't huge, but it's more than most other things I could be giving up(and both are good convert pieces).
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-08 11:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd still ditch the turban when you'r that tight on space, if you'r kiting, maybe even dusk pieces. Movment speed\decrease dont take effect\removes the effect until the blink of the gearswap is finished. So wearing dusk for utsu when kiting is really a terrible idea. MDB gear is mob-dependant and you wont allways need to carry this around.
And like you said, HMP gear isnt really needed when soloing, as you probably never will rest during a fight, and then will have plenty of time to rest up between fights.
 Remora.Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-08 11:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, my problem isn't being able to put away gear for specific fights so much as.. many fights require PDT, MDT, and dusk. Obviously, I can satchel blood cuisses after pulling and put away hmp gear as mentioned earlier, but there are so few things I can afford to put away without hurting my efficiency. Many, many mobs have magical tp moves slow enough to macro gear in.. I'd like to be able to carry all my soloing gear at once, just having difficulty invalidating any of the things I use. Suzaku, Scylla, Jailer of Hope, Jailer of Faith are a few examples of fights where I *need* both my PDT and MDT sets.
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-08 11:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. But well, if you want more space, you _have_ to put something away Q_Q
Like, the conserve mp wand isnt _NEEDED_, it's something I skip on my RDM because of inventory-problems.
And I prefer fast cast gear over haste for utsu as it allso decrease casting time, gives you a better shot at getting utsu up even if you'r timing is slightly off. To get more room you'll need to put something away, you just gotta figure out what hurts less to take away.
This ofcourse is 100% up to you.
 Remora.Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-08 11:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Good call on the fourth mace, it's only ~1.4% mp saved anyway(on cheap spells too). As far as fast cast vs haste, I use spellcast and begin all casts in my fast cast/finish in haste. It's just frustrating that RDM gets so much useful stuff when inventory is so limitted @_@
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-12-08 11:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well obviously space is an issue so pick what u need. I dont understand why ur asking us if u just said u cant afford to put items away.

I have inventory issues all the time, no point in maxing out space if i cant carry the drops.
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-08 11:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Very agreed, totally wish we had more room, but that's not the case:(
So we kinda have to do these small silly tradeoffs that force us not to be 100% optimal.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-12-08 11:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

you have -2 inv, and you have items there that you dont currently have.
if you know what kind of mobs you are going to solo, gear up for them. kinda defeats the purpose of taking your full inv to kill a hard NM (or many mobs) if you plan on obtaining a drop (farming or NM item) if you cant carry it yourself.
(like if you don sub nin, dont carry nin tools)
._. not even a full careered ninja goes 80/80
 Remora.Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-08 11:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If I get a drop, I can put something in satchel to obtain it <_>

And yes, I have 2 items planned for that I don't already have.. obviously I don't have 82 items in my 80 inventory. My NIN is pretty close to 80/80 too tbh, full MDT PDT sets, ninjutsu sets seperate for nuking and debuffing, staves for occasionally macroing in, enmity, evasion, dd gear, all the night-only ***, yellow hp gear for shinobi ring .__.

SE just needs to give us more space.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-12-08 12:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Glamor Jupon
Raptor Strap +1
Gleeman's Cape, Aslan Cape trade for Prizm
Qiqirn Sash +1
Yigit Seraweels
Orochi Nodowa
Fourth Mace
Prudence Torque
Uggalepih Pendant

There is 9 spaces there.
RDMs were soloing Gods and stuff pre straps so I don't see the point in carrying them both.
While regen is nice does that 1 tick in between your multiple blinks actually make a difference?
Not sure why you use the prudence torque, uggy, or Glamor Jupon.
 Remora.Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-08 12:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Glamor Jupon adds 1 damage/click to bio 3 when combined with crimson fng. gauntlets as well as 1 damage reduction to phalanx with my current setup, prudence and ugga pendant are for nuking when skill is not a concern(taru, 8/8 ele, 5/5 int, 5/5 ice.. quite a few things I can nuke in them reliably on).

Strap, hmp gear, nodowa, mace is a nice chunk of space though, should have me covered even once i finish morri
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-12-08 12:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a cape to reach that magic number of 211+ dark magic skill. The Phalanx cant argue with though. I have no idea where your enhancing is for Phalanx.
 Remora.Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2009-12-08 12:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, damn. I'm stupid.. had it for bio before I got merciful, then when I got merciful enhancing went up to 298 and glamor became an upgrade for phal/phal2. Forgot that post-merciful I don't need it for bio :X