Dyna Ls's Not Using Www.dynamiscalendar.com

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Dyna ls's not using www.dynamiscalendar.com
Dyna ls's not using www.dynamiscalendar.com
 Carbuncle.Tilly
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tillycarb
By Carbuncle.Tilly 2009-12-06 15:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

come on guys if your a dyna shell sign up to www.dynamiscalendar.com

only theres one LS that just loves to jump in to zones thats been booked for months.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-12-06 17:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

my server doesn't even use that site and most of the server is shout dyna ls's that go to w/e is open lol I don't think many of the new "shout" dyna's even look at a dyna schedule
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-06 17:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My ls has cut our amount of Dynamises but kujata (atleast in my time zone) seems to be pretty good at scheduling from a nonscheduler point of view. We had our zone stolen once or twice a while ago but it wasnt ever something that regularly happened to us. But we do alot of CoP zones mostly :X
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-06 17:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol dynamis calendar
[+]
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2009-12-06 17:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This topic is on Carbuncle forum, as almost all NA LS in Carbuncle use that site so we don't take others zone.

So, yes, please do use dynamiscalendar.com. Chances are, if there is a new LS they don't know about the site, but we can always point them in the right direction.

IF it is a JP LS... well, that is another matter, since they seem to ignore us, even if the site is JP-friendly.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Gilster
user: Gilster
By Carbuncle.Gilster 2009-12-06 17:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gonna say, Putting what zone ur doing 2months b4 u do it on a forum doesnt mean its urs that day. and also dont attk members in ur ls after its taken. when they have nothing to do with it. and ur just SoL if someone is doing the dyna ur supposed to be doing that day. Its a Game get over it.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-06 18:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

10 dynamis zones yet people still fight over some, I will never understand that. If the zone you planned to do is taken then *** do another one.

Access issue ? If members who need access to Northlands areas attend 100% of your runs, then they will eventually get it, so if you need to do Jeuno and Jeuno is taken then do another city or a dreamland and do that Jeuno run a later time.

Unless the very same LS is doing the very same zone at the very same time, twice a week, then it shouldn't be an issue.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-12-06 18:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura shells use Fellowship...

Bismarck.Keara
Server: Bismarck
user: Keara76
By Bismarck.Keara 2009-12-06 18:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck tends to use foobarhq.com for posting their dyna schedules
 Carbuncle.Alacaster
user: Krionin
By Carbuncle.Alacaster 2009-12-12 12:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq said:
This topic is on Carbuncle forum, as almost all NA LS in Carbuncle use that site so we don't take others zone. So, yes, please do use dynamiscalendar.com. Chances are, if there is a new LS they don't know about the site, but we can always point them in the right direction. IF it is a JP LS... well, that is another matter, since they seem to ignore us, even if the site is JP-friendly.

before I took my leave from FFXI Most NA dyna shells that had any integrity or respect used that site, the only shells I ever had issues with were JP which do not use the site. I can understand if they transfer from different server them not knowing b/c all servers seem to use diff site or not use one at all. If they don't comply just gather sooner and jump them trying to jump yous.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-12-12 12:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tilly said:
come on guys if your a dyna shell sign up to www.dynamiscalendar.com

only theres one LS that just loves to jump in to zones thats been booked for months.

Sounds like someone lost their zone the otherday even though they booked it QQ.

Even if you book a zone it can be jacked.

Stop with the QQ grow up and move on.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-12 14:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus doesn't use website because for every 1 decent EGLS, there's about 5-7 crappy fly by night shells who don't last more than a year.

Dynamis calendars don't work because:

1) FFXI is a dog-eat-dog game, that values competition, not integrity.
2) Lack of regional servers (all regions on the same servers) makes it hard to communicate with every single person because we speak different languages.
3) Most dynamis calendar websites are poorly run and poorly maintained, or die out after a few months.
4) Lack of support from Square Enix. Believe it or not, lots of people still believe that if SE doesn't endorse it, it's crap.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2010-01-06 14:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Cerberus doesn't use website because for every 1 decent EGLS, there's about 5-7 crappy fly by night shells who don't last more than a year.

Dynamis calendars don't work because:

1) FFXI is a dog-eat-dog game, that values competition, not integrity.
2) Lack of regional servers (all regions on the same servers) makes it hard to communicate with every single person because we speak different languages.
3) Most dynamis calendar websites are poorly run and poorly maintained, or die out after a few months.
4) Lack of support from Square Enix. Believe it or not, lots of people still believe that if SE doesn't endorse it, it's crap.

Necrobump? (sorry in advance! I just found out that there were replies to this).

About 1), I agree.

Same as about 2), even if (as I pointed out), the site www.dynamiscalendar.com has support for both EN and JP languages (not that those are the only two languages in FFXI, but still).

What I wanted to comment about is point 3). Yajirobe has made an excellent job on running and maintaining www.dynamiscalendar.com for so many years now. It was registered on 2005, but I think he just got it (rebought, or I don't know) at 2008 and it is still up and running, and it seems it will be like that.

Finally, about 4)... just /cry because it is true.

Anyway, as this topic was in Carbuncle server, and we do use the site mentioned above, but if any other server wants to use it they can just register and use it for free.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-06 14:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Greed > everything is the new thing. Dyna shell that I'm in lost a zone a few times since I've been in it. Sad, but there's no common courtesy these days.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-06 14:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq said:
What I wanted to comment about is point 3). Yajirobe has made an excellent job on running and maintaining www.dynamiscalendar.com for so many years now. It was registered on 2005, but I think he just got it (rebought, or I don't know) at 2008 and it is still up and running, and it seems it will be like that.

Ok, but when I click said link, I see a bunch of forums. A calendar is not a forum. A calendar is a calendar, and a forum is a forum. Scheduling ***on forums from multiple people from multiple linkshells just spells out "messy." My server doesn't even have a calendar.

Secondly, what's to stop me from making an account for a character that isn't me and claim to be in an LS I'm not in, and post up information just to *** with people?
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2010-01-06 15:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Ok, but when I click said link, I see a bunch of forums. A calendar is not a forum. A calendar is a calendar, and a forum is a forum. Scheduling ***on forums from multiple people from multiple linkshells just spells out "messy." My server doesn't even have a calendar.

http://www.dynamiscalendar.com/calendar.php

Sorry, probably should have put on the whole link, but it IS a calendar. Choose any server, "Carbuncle" has events, I am not sure what other servers do.

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Secondly, what's to stop me from making an account for a character that isn't me and claim to be in an LS I'm not in, and post up information just to *** with people?

Usually, when a new LS arises, one person registers to post events for that LS. We are really not that big of a community in Carbuncle and we know and/or can contact in-game other LS leaders.

But yes, I agree that if somebody really tries hard, they can post stuff "just to *** with people". Sad, but true.
 Carbuncle.Leithe
user: Leithe
By Carbuncle.Leithe 2010-01-10 08:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My Dyna LS doesn't use the calendar. But to be fair since we're one of the few GMT friendly Dyna LS's on Carbuncle the only competition we have is with JP LS. And since JP don't use it, there's no real reason for us to use it.
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-01-10 08:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
lol dynamis calendar
Pretty much. Stupidest thing I ever heard of.
 Seraph.Jacon
Server: Seraph
user: lvicious
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-01-10 09:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ls's that use that site on seraph = 0

and only once have I ever run into a problem with another ls over 4+years.

I think it's just more common sense. Upstart ls's that think they are just gonna run up on some ls that has been doing runs on the same day, same hour for years and move 'em out is well.. dumb and naive.

common sense. That's why there just aren't any issues like this on seraph that I've been witness to.

We don't need calandars. I have my boot and it will fit up your arse with the proper amount of force.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-01-10 09:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you honestly expect people to frequent each and every one of these sites just to make sure they're not stepping on anyone else' toes? First of all, not one of them are official, so it doesn't matter. Second, even if they were official, jp players wouldn't/couldn't read it anyway. Third, like Antipika said, there are more than enough Dynamis zones to go around. If somebody beat you to Jeuno, do Bastok.
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-01-10 10:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Do you honestly expect people to frequent each and every one of these sites just to make sure they're not stepping on anyone else' toes? First of all, not one of them are official, so it doesn't matter. Second, even if they were official, jp players wouldn't/couldn't read it anyway. Third, like Antipika said, there are more than enough Dynamis zones to go around. If somebody beat you to Jeuno, do Bastok.
Exactly, im gonna do whichever zone I want, when I want. No 3rd PT site gonna tell me what I can and can't do in a game I am paying for. K thanks.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacon
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-01-10 10:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

well.. there is a degree of understanding between most of the major and longstanding dyna ls's that they go on this day, this ls goes on that day.. after awhile everyone kinda gets in a rhythm and figures out when each is going.

I mean ls's are respectful of others and don't want to waste each others time in trying to get in the same zone every run..just stupid. So some degree of understanding is appreciated.

You can't honestly just waltz up to a zone and think you are gonna do whatever the hell you want and jump in over a ls that's there already.

I think that site is pointless too but it's not there to tell people when you can and can't it's to organize things so people don't have conflicts and drama.

However, most ls's and servers I think do not need this. Like I said above.. a little common sense, respect and understanding goes a long way and not just barging in like you own the damn place and do whatever you want. Paying for a game shouldn't provide players the right to just be f*cksticks and disrespectful.

I guess it's a server thing. Seraph runs clean. Most upstarts who try to do what they want whenever they want usually don't make it very far.
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-01-10 11:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacon said:
You can't honestly just waltz up to a zone and think you are gonna do whatever the hell you want and jump in over a ls that's there already.

Well i've had this done to me before. People plan stuff for there LS. Regardless some LSs will go in even if other people are gathering. Send 1 person to break glass and hold the zone, sure you loose a bit of time, but hey, you got your zone. That's why I say what I did.

But your right, you don't need this, that's why SE never put a function like that in? lol.... If they thought it would be a problem by any means they would have made you pick a zone at the goblin, which date and time. Then sell you the glass.... something along those lines to let other people know 'Hey there is an LS going in at about this time you can't'
[+]
 Seraph.Jacon
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-01-10 11:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

understood^