Forum » FFXI » Servers » Gilgamesh » Sandworm
Sandworm
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-03 03:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saw Sandworm up and Unclaimed in N. Gustaberg if anyone's interested. No idea how long he's been hangin' there.
 Leviathan.Solare
Server: Leviathan
user: Solare
By Leviathan.Solare 2009-12-03 03:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohh. Dear god. No..
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-03 03:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

k be right there
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-12-03 04:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-12-03 05:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

this made my morning. thank you.
lol.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-03 05:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My "We're poking fun at you" sense is tickling...

Where's all the pissed off people?! Do I have to go get ToD on Argus and post it or what?!
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-12-03 05:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandworm, UNCLAIMED OH NO! LOL! Too bad it is not like that on Sylph, but we all can't win. Happy hunting it to those that go after it, I hope you get Doomvoid and land Lambton Worm so I can laugh at you while he rapes your faces. But seriously, fun fight to do, any of the zones, and whatever NM you get. Great way to make money too, or get some very nice expensive pieces of gear. Good luck.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-03 05:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Otsego said:
Sandworm, UNCLAIMED OH NO! LOL! Too bad it is not like that on Sylph, but we all can't win.

Seems to be a trend since I've moved to Gilgamesh. A lot of NMs don't seem difficult to camp here. Of course, maybe it's because all the campers are HNM crazies! :O

Anywho, it's not so much it was unclaimed, just up. Nobody was on my LS at the time and figured somebody'd like to know XD
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-12-03 05:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Go get it!! Can be soloed~
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-12-03 05:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Sylph.Otsego said:
Sandworm, UNCLAIMED OH NO! LOL! Too bad it is not like that on Sylph, but we all can't win.

Seems to be a trend since I've moved to Gilgamesh. A lot of NMs don't seem difficult to camp here. Of course, maybe it's because all the campers are HNM crazies! :O

Anywho, it's not so much it was unclaimed, just up. Nobody was on my LS at the time and figured somebody'd like to know XD

Trust me, I wish the shells on Sylph were HNM nuts, SW would be so much easier to camp if that were the case. Funny thing is, if youre trying to make money as a shell, this is one damn good way to do it, so I really dont understand why people dont camp it. Sure, 5hr constant window, a *** to camp without help (you figure that one out). It's always nice to see SW just up, even if it's being camped, and I'm sure quite a few people are happy someone told them it was up.
 Asura.Aust
Server: Asura
user: Aust101
By Asura.Aust 2009-12-03 07:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandworm or ixion are not tough to camp as an HNM shell, and yes, it's a very easy way to make a ton of gil.
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-12-03 07:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aust said:
Sandworm or ixion are not tough to camp as an HNM shell, and yes, it's a very easy way to make a ton of gil.
They aren't tough to camp, when you have a decent amount of bodies, or the alternate method, which most of us know about. I don't know too much about DI, all I really know is SW. Low-manning SW is a lot of fun though, done it enough times and died enough to know just how fun it is. Just takes patience, and some sense to do it right.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-12-03 07:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Alt method? Please infoRm All of us who Don't pARticipate in hnm shells.

>.>

or some more advanced "trick" then that?
 Asura.Aust
By Asura.Aust 2009-12-03 08:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure I know where you guys are going with that, but I don't think that type of method is as popular as the HQ HNM's. Regardless it's easy to get it as a LS, perhaps they just don't give there members enough motavation to camp it. The manpower shouldn't ever be MUCH of an issue, all you need is about 4 ~ 8 people, sometimes our LS had over 18 people, to scan but 4 is more then enough to hold Sandworm forever, even ixion till you get more people.

If you happen to be on lowman, it cost alot of notes, but you can continue jumping zones between windows.

(Ixion being the much tougher mob to hold mostly because of the rage timer, but if you get the right ammoit of people in enough time, we have taken down ixion in just over 20 mins.)

I don't HNM anymore but it's funny because I posted on KI, wondering about the V.belt from KA. After about 80+ sandworms I've seen, 0 belts.

Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-12-03 08:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

1 good RDM can hold SW forever, and you are right, they can be held forever if need be, just have to avoid the rage timers. We're usually only short on bodies when its an early AM window, simply based on the fact most of our members actually work early hours, so sleep is a much needed thing. When its window is during our prime hours, we generally have well over 18, so then it is not a huge deal. As to jumping zones between windows, you can get away with that on DI, but not SW (no windows, 5hr straight window). As to your KA, we have probably seen KA at least 50 times, I was off for 2 months so the number is not exact, and to my knowledge, we have yet to see one V. Belt, seen the cuisses one time, and gone several KA without a single drop, so I know where youre coming from with that. But the alternate method, if I have to spell it out to those that dont know what it is, youre probably better off not knowing what it is. Not trying to be a ***, but yea.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2009-12-03 09:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Aaralynn said:
Go get it!! Can be soloed~

lmao.. i learned this shortly after WOTG was released when there was like 0 information on sandworms

good times :D
 Asura.Aust
By Asura.Aust 2009-12-03 09:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandworm can be kited around something in every zone, a PLD or RDM with movement speed kite it easy. I could be mistaken, I haven't camped it in a long time, but I don't think SW rages, although it might. And yeah, early early AM for the NA is a tougher time to camp it, but that's where JP and EU usually come in handy :p

as for the window, again I'm not sure you are correct there, we alwas camped it on a window based style. A few times was missed or seemed to "pop out of window" because of maybe someone scaning was /1 rng. Also, it's tough to get an exact TOD with it because you zone in (doomvoid), and miss the exact tod for a number of reasons.

On topic of killing him, I agree all fun fights, some of the most fun fights in the game just because there so diffrent.
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-12-03 09:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If SW does have windows, the my entire LS is unaware of it. 2 straight months of not missing one, and I have never seen it pop in standard windows, however, could be dead wrong on that, and we are completely missing something. Kiting is easy, as BLM i dont dare do it without movement, 350 a hit, 500 crits = dead taru. SW will rage, 90 min though, so plenty of time to avoid it. I think we camp it without windows to avoid missing it, nothing sucks more than to camp for 4 hours, and miss it because of that. It can be missed, I've known a few 75 rng's to miss it just because of where it pops and roams to, out of range of WS. Doomvoid time is easy to get with timestamps, generally just base it upon the exact second you zone into the NM fight, but if youre 30 seconds off, not a huge deal. All 4 fights are fun as hell, only one I dislike is Serket, only because of the long range poison, the long *** stun abilities, and it spamming Graviga and Bindga, easily avoided with 2 great stunners, not so easy when stunners stink. They are great fights, nothing I enjoy more than doing HQ as BLM, and being the last to die. Though it is still fun even when you are the first to die.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-12-03 18:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Sylph.Otsego said:
Seems to be a trend since I've moved to Gilgamesh. A lot of NMs don't seem difficult to camp here. Of course, maybe it's because all the campers are HNM crazies! :O Anywho, it's not so much it was unclaimed, just up. Nobody was on my LS at the time and figured somebody'd like to know XD

i'd prolly imagine it had popped not long before you saw it. i'm not in one of these ls, but i know a few of the ones on our servers do keep an eye out for them damn near 24/7. from what i hear SW is random as hell, so it can be a pain in the *** to "camp".