New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » LK or RB
LK or RB
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-21 12:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously down to personal opinion and the situation, but what do you think is better worth my money to buy:

Lamian Kaman or Rosenbogen?

(I had a Bibiki Seashell, but accidentally threw it about a year or so ago)

On Kujata LK is currently about 20K and RB is about 200k (But some smart *** just bumped up the price and i couldnt even buy it for 270k, so i wont bother till another comes up)

But id like to know which is more useful, or just your general view on each item to help me decide.

Thanks in advance.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-21 12:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lamian Kaman+1 is pretty much only useful for the MDB in situations where it really matters.

Other than that, Rosenbogen is the superior choice.
 Cerberus.Arteus
Server: Cerberus
user: Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2009-11-21 12:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Thevenominside said:
Obviously down to personal opinion and the situation, but what do you think is better worth my money to buy: Lamian Kaman or Rosenbogen? (I had a Bibiki Seashell, but accidentally threw it about a year or so ago) On Kujata LK is currently about 20K and RB is about 200k (But some smart *** just bumped up the price and i couldnt even buy it for 270k, so i wont bother till another comes up) But id like to know which is more useful, or just your general view on each item to help me decide. Thanks in advance.
save the gil for LK+1
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-21 13:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Aumoniere is a nice option too.

IMO all 3 (LK,RB,Au) are good depending on the situation, and if that's the only thing someone can rate your Pld down for, then you're clearly doing things right.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-21 13:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rosenbogen is nice, HP+10 and VIT+3 is always good for straight up tanking (edit: although no one really cares about VIT anymore post-75). You basically use the Lamian Kaman for MDB set, +1 if you've got the funds; it's 1M on my server :/
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-21 13:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Another option, if LK+1 and RB are too pricey on your server, is to buy a bunch of LK's and spam FOV until you get some good augments. I ended up getting MP+ and fire resist on the one I use most often.
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-21 13:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Another option, if LK 1 and RB are too pricey on your server, is to buy a bunch of LK's and spam FOV until you get some good augments. I ended up getting MP and fire resist on the one I use most often.

Ive actually never done FOV augments before.

If you could tell me where is a good place is to do this, or send me a message with directions on how to get started, if its soloable etc, i would much apretiate it, thanks.
 Shiva.Ziila
Server: Shiva
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Ziila 2009-11-21 15:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I like my HP +14 LK, got it in Sky.
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-21 16:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ziila said:
I like my HP 14 LK, got it in Sky.

Those NM soloable or?
 Shiva.Ziila
Server: Shiva
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Ziila 2009-11-21 16:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Eraser_(Monster)
Least I have done it with is 3, it was a pushover then. Also you need 400 tabs
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-22 01:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've duo'd it extremely easily, and I've heard it can be soloed easily as PLD/DNC, the difficulty obviously depending on which job it randomly chooses.

Also, it's 450 tabs, not 400 iirc? I just did it this afternoon, haha.
 Alexander.Miradj
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Miradj 2009-11-22 03:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You could solo it on SAM with 2hr np.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-22 15:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Thevenominside said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Another option, if LK 1 and RB are too pricey on your server, is to buy a bunch of LK's and spam FOV until you get some good augments. I ended up getting MP and fire resist on the one I use most often.
Ive actually never done FOV augments before. If you could tell me where is a good place is to do this, or send me a message with directions on how to get started, if its soloable etc, i would much apretiate it, thanks.

The Wiki does a great job of outlining the entire Fields Of Valor area:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Fields_of_Valor

Basically, the first thing you do is collect "Tabs" by completing training regimes in various areas. Some common areas people do this are Sky, Valley of Sorrows, and Cape Terrigan, for a high return on the number of tabs. These areas take a higher level job, but seeing as you're looking to augment a lvl 72 weapon, I'm assuming thats not a problem. Detailed list of Field Manuals and tabs:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Field_Manual

After you have enough tabs - for a level 70+ item, 450 tabs are required - you can register for an Elite training regime on the field manual, and then begin looking for the field parchment in the specific zone. For 70+ your two options are sky and VoS.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Field_Parchment

The NMs in both these areas are easily duo'd and depending on the job, can be solo'd. Hard to say that they can always be solo'd because they pop with various effects. Enpetra can really screw you over if soloing >.>
 Unicorn.Yuffy
Server: Unicorn
user: Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-11-26 06:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Idle in Goblin cracker, JA/cast in Aumoniere (+1), end.
 Cerberus.Eanae
Server: Cerberus
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2009-11-26 09:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lamian Kaman +1 hands down. MP and MDB will always be more beneficial then VIT and HP in a permanent spot. If you have trouble controlling hate, the new +2 enmity throwing item is not a bad choice either. If you have no hate issues, Lamian Kaman +1 will win. FFXI is a very situational game after all.

Edit: Here's the link for you:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=19242
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-26 09:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
The NMs in both these areas are easily duo'd and depending on the job, can be solo'd. Hard to say that they can always be solo'd because they pop with various effects. Enpetra can really screw you over if soloing >.>
As far as soloing I've never even come close to dieing as a rdm/nin... however I have lost 2 due to time out cause they started and stayed immune to all direct magic dmg. And well I'd rather not melee and chance something like enpetra not that I have a melee set anyways and the one in terrigan is like always immune to poison.