Link | Quote | Reply

hmm hades destroyers or faiths?
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-21 09:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Faiths (I use faiths for pretty much everything, as long as I have the stones)
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-21 12:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
While it's a low chance, I'll have to agree w/ Korpg for once on the resist. I've done 3 solo attempts, 1 fail and two victors (1/2 on my belt). On my failed attempt, I got hit w/ TWO unresisted watergas in a span of 20 seconds. He went back to back and one hit me for 700 and the following one hit me for over 800
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Mnk/dnc
You wouldn't get those 700-800 on pld/rdm. Just shell3 and /rdm MDB alone would put it at 511-584. And barspells would probably garunteed a 1/2 or 1/4 resist considering the lvl and native enhancing. Also shield bash/flat blade phlanx stoneskin fast cast cures etc.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-21 12:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

not saying that it's likely to happen, just saying it's not impossible. The diff isn't from shell 0 to shell III though, I had shell II via NPC on that particular run.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-21 12:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If it really matters, not saying it's logical but MNK can get up to 213 water resistance through gear, and PLD can get 208.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-11-21 12:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Some augments or new gear added in the update allow for more. Lava's Ring + Kusha's Ring only give 5 which his half of malflood but they also give attk acc and defense so may not be a bad idea to look into.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-21 12:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
If it really matters, not saying it's logical but MNK can get up to 213 water resistance through gear, and PLD can get 208.
Kinda overdoing but yeah pld/rdm can get what another 100+ from barwater. Still can't find anything that talks about it casting waterga3 so fast you can't gear swap.
Fairy.Vegetto said:
not saying that it's likely to happen, just saying it's not impossible. The diff isn't from shell 0 to shell III though, I had shell II via NPC on that particular run.
Hmmm good point shell II is -14.1% dmg so then pld/rdm would only turn that 700-800 down to 594-679. From shell3 vs shell2 and /rdm MDB only. Well another -20 from phalanx and whatever MDB -magic dmg or -dmg gear you should have lol. Also look how much you can heal yourself and how fast on mnk/dnc compared to pld/rdm
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-21 12:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Still can't find anything that talks about it casting waterga3 so fast you can't gear swap.
Wiki said:
Instant cast on spells - Waterga IV, Poisonga II, Drown, and Enwater.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-21 12:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Lerond said:
If your going to take your npc take it Fierce attacker with the right weapon, you can skillchain with it maybe every 2nd Atonement for nice dmg if it uses right ws, shell 3 it up before KA pops and have a 4/4 tactics pearl incase it gets wiped by Waterga.

Haste and bonus cures if you take Soothing Healer though.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-21 13:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

"Also look how much you can heal yourself and how fast on mnk/dnc compared to pld/rdm"

In an absolute jam, I could have healed just fine. I just didn't think 800 hp would be a concern for healing to be my top priority.
A) I knew it was an unlucky no resist from a low lv mob, so I wasn't expecting it to happen twice in a row
B) Wasn't expecting him to use waterga again the 2nd time within that short of a timespan.

If I had known that would have been the case, my chakra build heals 486, which is instant, as well as w/e drain samba, 10/tic hp on invigorate, and waltz II adds.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Gavvy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kumbai
By Quetzalcoatl.Gavvy 2009-11-21 20:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sub DNC. It's an easy fight. Use your Joytoy and spam Atonement.

/DNC for the endrain or enaspir when MP is low...

People are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE saying you'll be 1 shotted by it (lolKorpg). Just buff yourself with Shell3 and Protect4 when the Knights pop. Or 2-3 mins before the window if you arent blind camping.

I've seen alot of people solo it with SH NPC~

If you're really worrying about the AoEs, bring a light MDB set, or just time your bashes/ramparts.
By Gawdless 2009-11-21 22:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

well he still has yet to pop (only been here since..5hours ago. might take awhile to get tod) came pld/rdm sorry gavvy D: but one last question i have. should i take off lami bow+1 for bibiki shell? and trade in keonig shield for tatami? i figure intimadate might help. especially if i get lucky on water4 >.>
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-22 00:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Gavvy said:
People are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE saying you'll be 1 shotted by it (lolKorpg). Just buff yourself with Shell3 and Protect4 when the Knights pop. Or 2-3 mins before the window if you arent blind camping.
I said lucky shot, I didn't say oneshot.

I don't know KA's INT rating, but knowing how resist factors work, all it takes is 1 unresisted shot and you are eating dirt. I'm pretty sure that its accuracy is very poor, but that doesn't mean that it will never hit.

Since you don't have anyone else to absorb the spell with you (except NPC) it would hit very hard if it hits unresisted, but Shell will take care of that.

Quetzalcoatl.Gavvy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kumbai
By Quetzalcoatl.Gavvy 2009-11-22 15:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Seashell is pretty nice for Aquans~

Just keep your Koenig on.

Most PLDs have between 1200-1300HP minimum. Unless you're keeping your HP at 400ish, without shell on, then yeah, it'll get lucky... otherwise I wouldn't worry.

More annoying thing he does is enparaylze. Just annoying more than anything. But Atonement rapes it. Especially with a good setup.

/RDM with Phalanx is pretty much the same as the endrains.
Only down side of /RDM is you dont have another way to recoop MP besides Chivalry, and not many people have a decked out set. With /DNC you can recover a C3 with every few swings.

I'd worry more about claiming than the fight though :3 Actually. I'd worry more about the drop rate than the fight lol.