2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD vs KA
PLD vs KA
First Page 2
By Gawdless 2009-11-20 22:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to try and solo King Artho... If i can ever get the claim haven't tried yet. Anyways i saw that KA had weak atts vs a pld and his -ga4 was resisted alot for low dmg...

so i was curious as to what i should sub.. I would of subd nin and did joy/kc to rape his face. but i no longer have KC. so i was curious as to if /rdm /war or /dnc would be better. i have a lvl 64 soothing healer npc that i will use also. anyways any input would be great^^ thanks.

P.S. what is the best job to solo KA as?
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-20 22:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

/rdm
 Odin.Kraytos
Server: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2009-11-20 22:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

/rdm probably
By Gawdless 2009-11-20 22:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i figured just didn't know if /war was needed to kill him in time. btw do you guys know how long it takes for pld solo? oh and what food should i use? i was going to use sushi
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-20 22:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Use meat the mob is lv 50something. and /rdm is a faster kill than /war btw, which was the reason I recommended subbing it.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-20 22:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

/RDM and keep Barwater up.

Even though its level 50, all it takes is one lucky shot (unresisted nuke) and you will be eating the ground.

I would say to try to solo Lumberjack, but Break sucks.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-20 22:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing a pld/rdm should even be concerned about on him is not killing in time.

/rdm saves lots of time. With MDB bonus and barwater and shell you shouldn't take any real dmg at all from the spells and with phalanx most the normal attacks on a decently geared pld wont do hardly anything at all. This leaves you more time to fight it and well more mp lol. Enspells +joytoy also does wonders for your dps.
By Gawdless 2009-11-20 22:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

iv'e solod lumberjack as rdm hes not too hard. and the reason i'm after KA is velo belt >.> no reason to kill Luberjack now since sword sells too low.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-20 22:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gawdless said:
iv'e solod lumberjack as rdm hes not too hard. and the reason i'm after KA is velo belt >.> no reason to kill Luberjack now since sword sells too low.
Well yeah, since you got that nice little "Resist Petrify" job trait that hardly ever works, I know how easy it is to solo LJ as RDM.

But I doubt you would want to go as PLD/RNG and rely on the "Resist Poison" that RNG has lol.

Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-20 22:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

main reason I said /rdm btw is for dispel. Will hit very low or even possibly for 0s if his defense boost stays on.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-20 22:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get dispel /sch!!! Actually might not be a bad idea. Dispel aspir drain... guess it depends on how useful the MDB bar and phalanx are lol.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-20 23:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't think about Dispel to be honest.

I was more concerned about survival of that lucky nuke than actually doing damage to it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-20 23:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Didn't think about Dispel to be honest. I was more concerned about survival of that lucky nuke than actually doing damage to it.
If the mob your fighting can actually get lucky enough to kill you out of nowhere with a nuke. You shouldn't be soloing it lol.

Besides that doesn't happen with enough +resist.

Also even ignoring macc/magic evasion or water resist it is still a lvl 50ish mob vs a lvl 75 player.

Shell and MDB alone will lower the dmg by a good 27%. Chances are you will have more int then the mob lowering its dmg alot too. It says its a blm so assuming it has MAB of a lvl 50+ blm (28) with a dint of just 0 (chances are it is negative but whatever) waterga3 should deal 456 unresisted which no -magic dmg MDB gear.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-20 23:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

While it's a low chance, I'll have to agree w/ Korpg for once on the resist. I've done 3 solo attempts, 1 fail and two victors (1/2 on my belt). On my failed attempt, I got hit w/ TWO unresisted watergas in a span of 20 seconds. He went back to back and one hit me for 700+ and the following one hit me for over 800
 Bahamut.Illyst
Server: Bahamut
user: illyst
By Bahamut.Illyst 2009-11-20 23:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

fight is cake with atonement
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-20 23:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
While it's a low chance, I'll have to agree w/ Korpg for once on the resist. I've done 3 solo attempts, 1 fail and two victors (1/2 on my belt). On my failed attempt, I got hit w/ TWO unresisted watergas in a span of 20 seconds. He went back to back and one hit me for 700 and the following one hit me for over 800
Seems high even for a non resist... you weren't wearing jelly ring were you!?! Also really a decent MDB/-magic dmg set will take care of the dmg even if you get hit for full.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-20 23:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

He casts pretty quickly, meaning you would pretty much have to fulltime said gears, which (at least for a DD w/o dispel/attonement) could mean you will go over the rage timer.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-20 23:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
He casts pretty quickly, meaning you would pretty much have to fulltime said gears, which (at least for a DD w/o dispel/attonement) could mean you will go over the rage timer.
Never fought him but casting so fast you can't change gear is interesting never saw a note about constant chainspell
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-20 23:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to try leveling /SCH someday to have the whole Reprisal4eva thing :3

I'd also recommend /RDM for the whole SS/Phalanx, Dispel, Gravity (for Evasion Down)--if it lands, Barspells, and even Enspells if you're using Joytoy... not much, but it helps a tad. Plus a slightly higher MP pool.^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-20 23:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
I'd love to try leveling /SCH someday to have the whole Reprisal4eva thing :3
Now that is an interesting idea though I thought that didn't work.... though wiki says it shouldn't... also I've worn full haste/fast cast on rdm with celerity and still have decent recast on raise and such
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-20 23:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki says it doesn't work? :(
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-20 23:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

All I can tell is it would reduce recast to 1:30, and the duration is 1:00, so you'd just be 30 sec without Reprisal. Which is better than 2 minutes. XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-20 23:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Wiki says it doesn't work? :(
Specifically on celerity "This ability also affects the recast time of the next spell, reducing it by 50%, and does not stack with any form of haste to lower it more. However, it does not ignore the slow status effect." Also says that you can't lower recast by more then 50% though unconfirmed weather it works with enhance celerity. Since reprisal last 1 min /recast of 3min. Even if it did work all the different ways of lowering recast are figured sperately... so say celerity+light arts would really be -55% not 60%. As such to get to -67% from just haste and light arts celerity you'd need 27% haste
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-21 00:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
All I can tell is it would reduce recast to 1:30, and the duration is 1:00, so you'd just be 30 sec without Reprisal. Which is better than 2 minutes. XD
True especially since the best your gunna do solo as a pld/rdm is getting it to around 1:59
By Gawdless 2009-11-21 00:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

well i have 20x75 so subbing sch is an option. and i have all 20 nyzul ws..so yes to atonement. i figured with haste from npc(if that stupid woman would keep it on forever!)i should be able to kill it with any sub. but hmm.. SS, phalanx,enspells, vs aspir, drain, idk lol but if veg has gone 2/3 as /rdm then i should be able to also. just wish i had ares hands for full ares >.> that would be nice.and since my npc will be out with me the -ga3? or 4 should (unresisted) only hit for 400ish. and i have tactics pearl so i should be able to keep her out the entire fight. lol. oh btw veg. you said att food right? like C-subs? or is there better for pld (not like i have high base att to get full effect of most att+ foods) and sorry for makings this one paragraph...lol
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-21 01:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally <3 PLD/DNC + Joyeuse + Atonement..

But for this I kind of agree with what most people have said.

PLD/RDM with joyeuse and atonement spam.

Now /DNC would give you survivability too.. but i'm not sure if you'd kill in time before rage if you're using your tp to heal.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-21 02:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget enspells as /rdm! Damage adds up quickly.
 Caitsith.Lerond
Server: Caitsith
user: Lerond
By Caitsith.Lerond 2009-11-21 04:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If your going to take your npc take it Fierce attacker with the right weapon, you can skillchain with it maybe every 2nd Atonement for nice dmg if it uses right ws, shell 3 it up before KA pops and have a 4/4 tactics pearl incase it gets wiped by Waterga. Would say also bring yag drinks for all they cost. For food look into Rabbit pie they have good attack + def but that wouldnt be important if the NM will be hitting 0 constantly better if it can hit for 1-10 so at least you get your tp from Shield Mastery.

Edit. You got a thf friend to for the drop too? would be a shame claiming and killing and not getting the max shot at drop.
[+]
 Odin.Kraytos
Server: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2009-11-21 07:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

should probably have atonement, idk if you can solo w/o it before it rages
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-11-21 07:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
While it's a low chance, I'll have to agree w/ Korpg for once on the resist. I've done 3 solo attempts, 1 fail and two victors (1/2 on my belt). On my failed attempt, I got hit w/ TWO unresisted watergas in a span of 20 seconds. He went back to back and one hit me for 700 and the following one hit me for over 800

what job u solo it as?
First Page 2