users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Smithing
Smithing
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-11-09 12:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy question here. I'm working on leveling some of my subcrafts (got bored with lvling WW a while back, lvling some subcrafts to make finishing it out a bit easier) and was wondering if the iron synths (ores to ingots to sheets to scales) are the most cost effective skill up synths for the 20's? Smithing is at 22 atm, so I'm at the sheets > scales stage atm. The thing is, scales caps at 26, which is fine, but any ingot/sheets that I had skilling up thus far have been long gone, which means I'd have to buy them, which is also fine if this is my only option. Just wondering if anyone knows of any synths around this lvl that may be a bit less of a money loss?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-09 12:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Iron Synth's the best. Depending on your patience, make Makibish from the Scales you make and sell them back for a small profit.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-11-09 12:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i allways look here on ffxiah for cheap synthesis. http://www.ffxiah.com/recipe.php?tier=3&guild_id=8&style=

I am over smithing atm aswell, and you better look before "tossing" all your Iron scales into ninja tools if you want to craft Iron Cuisses (skill 35) later, since they need 2 Iron scales and the cuisses sell nice to NPC/guild.