Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fixing Shinryu
Fixing Shinryu
By RadialArcana 2023-05-29 09:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The harder it is to get the rarer it is, and people like rare things.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2023-05-29 10:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloaks sell for 200-250 currently on Asura np.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Seun 2023-05-29 17:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moonja said: »
I was just curious.

I'm curious why people try for a full set of these. Impact is valuable, but I wouldn't think people need a whole set of them to keep the debuff up.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-05-30 20:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Odin.Moonja said: »
I was just curious.

I'm curious why people try for a full set of these. Impact is valuable, but I wouldn't think people need a whole set of them to keep the debuff up.

The mail and helm replaces the original twilight set as a situational ilvl auto reraise in a bind.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-02 07:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gathered this collection of lovely feedback for SE, which I may post sometime on the official forum over the weekend. Would anyone like to add a comment? Yes, it can be as funny/brutal as you want.

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-06-02 08:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to change the title of this thread to "*** Shinryu"
[+]
 Valefor.Cinzia
Server: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2023-06-02 09:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kruel said: »
Valefor.Cinzia said: »
If it was true, I wouldn't have been only 2/6 on cloaks when everything else was done for my 6. Then I added other people to get anything but non cloak and at least 5 others got full sets (minus cloak). Who else has over 2000+ runs data? It's obvious they made the cloak a sub drop of all other drops at a lower rate.

The other armor/weapons at ~1/50 if distributed equally, then I should be sitting at least at 5/6 or 6/6 cloaks and just missing another weapon or armor, but it's the cloak that's being last and not even close. If I were at 4/6 or 5/6 maybe I'd believe they put it as same rate, but it isn't.
Probabilities are still that, probable, not 100%.

Nothing stopping something that's a 1/100 droprate taking 1/1000, just statistically speaking it's unlikely, but things completely defy probabilities every day, in all kinds of ways.

What's to say I don't have bad luck and go another 500 kills with another 4 scythes?

Do I then start saying that the scythe is a much higher droprate for me, therefor all the other rare items have a different droprate?

I'd love to complain about it but I recognise it for what it is, bad luck, or at the very least I can't make a definitive judgement on it.

Definite statements like "It's obvious they made the cloak a sub drop of all other drops at a lower rate"
should be avoided, dealing in definites when using assumptions is contrary.

I get what you are saying on the math of probabilities, but just from observation it doesn't seem like it. If you're saying the 3 pieces of armor and 2 weapons which are 5 unique items are equal in the slot and all are 1/5 chance of getting. Why after over 2000 VD runs and going further to obtain more than 6 characters worth of armor, more like 10 characters total, the cloak only dropped twice but 4 other pieces were fulfilled for 10 characters, so you have 10 Helm/Mail/Knife/Scythe, but only 2 cloaks. That doesn't make any mathematical sense. Any of those 5 items should be near completion for all 10 chars, and maybe just 1 or 2 or more of them are remaining. So the spread should be like:

10/10 Helm
9/10 Mail
10/10 Knife
9/10 Scythe
9/10 Cloaks

But it isn't.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-02 10:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't make any mathematical sense.

Here you go:
Helm, Mail, Knife, Scythe have 1% drop rate
Cloak has .2% drop rate

Mathematical sense, and no drop slots, armor slots, or sub slots required.
 Valefor.Cinzia
Server: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2023-06-02 10:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
That doesn't make any mathematical sense.

Here you go:
Helm, Mail, Knife, Scythe have 1% drop rate
Cloak has .2% drop rate

Mathematical sense, and no drop slots, armor slots, or sub slots required.

Ok I guess it's just the wording, it's not sub slots or other slots, but the cloak has a different rate than the other 4 pieces is what I meant.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-02 12:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kruel said: »
If it was true, I wouldn't have been only 2/6 on cloaks when everything else was done for my 6. Then I added other people to get anything but non cloak and at least 5 others got full sets (minus cloak). Who else has over 2000+ runs data? It's obvious they made the cloak a sub drop of all other drops at a lower rate.

The other armor/weapons at ~1/50 if distributed equally, then I should be sitting at least at 5/6 or 6/6 cloaks and just missing another weapon or armor, but it's the cloak that's being last and not even close. If I were at 4/6 or 5/6 maybe I'd believe they put it as same rate, but it isn't.
Probabilities are still that, probable, not 100%.

Nothing stopping something that's a 1/100 droprate taking 1/1000, just statistically speaking it's unlikely, but things completely defy probabilities every day, in all kinds of ways.

What's to say I don't have bad luck and go another 500 kills with another 4 scythes?

Do I then start saying that the scythe is a much higher droprate for me, therefor all the other rare items have a different droprate?

I'd love to complain about it but I recognise it for what it is, bad luck, or at the very least I can't make a definitive judgement on it.

Definite statements like "It's obvious they made the cloak a sub drop of all other drops at a lower rate"
should be avoided, dealing in definites when using assumptions is contrary.

I get what you are saying on the math of probabilities, but just from observation it doesn't seem like it. If you're saying the 3 pieces of armor and 2 weapons which are 5 unique items are equal in the slot and all are 1/5 chance of getting. Why after over 2000 VD runs and going further to obtain more than 6 characters worth of armor, more like 10 characters total, the cloak only dropped twice but 4 other pieces were fulfilled for 10 characters, so you have 10 Helm/Mail/Knife/Scythe, but only 2 cloaks. That doesn't make any mathematical sense. Any of those 5 items should be near completion for all 10 chars, and maybe just 1 or 2 or more of them are remaining. So the spread should be like:

10/10 Helm
9/10 Mail
10/10 Knife
9/10 Scythe
9/10 Cloaks

But it isn't.
I had one character go 1/1 on Saber Shoot, I had another character go 1/430.

If theres a 0.2% chance or whatever to get the non-accessories drop, and then that is split among 5 items, you would need an absolutely mammoth sample size of kills to discern the drop rate of the weapons/armor. "I have 10 Knife/Helm/Mail/Scythe and 2 Cloaks" is more likely just bad luck instead of a lower drop rate.

Similarly how attestation farming you can kill the NM 20 times and not see the one you need. If I kill Quiebitiel 12 times for one attestation of harmony (based on actual events fyi), does that mean its coded to have a lower drop rate compared to dagger or club, or was it just bad luck?

Its likely that my char who went 0/430 on Gugrusaurus isnt even the worst luck someone has had, its possible theres been a singleboxer who went worse than 1/430. That person's probably turned in their 400th Gugrusaurus, got nothing, and questioned the reported 1% drop rate as ***.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-06-03 01:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

@Cinzia

you shouldn't be trying to apply "mathematical sense" to justify bad luck with probabilities.

For every person that gets a rare drop 1/1, there's probably someone who went 1/1000.

In this situation you're the latter.

Only thing mathematically you can do with these probabilities is "try" and get a baseline for the likelihood of getting it within X amount of tries.

Trying to make mathematical sense of something that doesn't fall into mathematical certainty is a fools game.
By Seun 2023-06-03 02:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The math that proves spreading 5 separate .2% drops across 10 different characters. Oof.
 Asura.Lordtrey
Server: Asura
user: Lordtrey
By Asura.Lordtrey 2023-06-03 16:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Need to change the title of this thread to "*** Shinryu"

QFT
By Hopalong 2023-06-03 21:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Trying to make mathematical sense of something that doesn't fall into mathematical certainty is a fools game.

Certainty and odds/luck are two separate things. I'd rate certainty at like 5% odds over time or even 1%. The Shin odds, y'all have shown here to be truly miniscule.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [224 days between previous and next post]
By Thunderjet 2024-01-14 00:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

fix plz
By Pantafernando 2024-01-14 01:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont want to
By Pantafernando 2024-01-14 01:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

By giving you 0.0000001% chance to get a virtual item, Im giving you a purpose for your life so you must be grateful for that,

While many yougester feel like lost in their life because they cant find a meaning in living, you are different.

You do have a reason. You do have a hope!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-01-14 03:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
fix plz

Lol
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-14 06:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed adjective
(especially of a price, rate, or time) predetermined and not subject to or able to be changed.

"Shinryu's drop rate is fixed. 0.2% no matter which difficulty you select."

You're welcome.
 Shiva.Haldarn
Server: Shiva
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2024-01-14 06:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
This makes grinding The Wyrm God exceedingly annoying.

Title of your sextape.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-01-14 12:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Haldarn said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
This makes grinding The Wyrm God exceedingly annoying.

Title of your sextape.

Damn... I laughed so much. You got me. Thanks.