1 Like = 1 Prayer (Omen Card Exchange Adjustments)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 1 Like = 1 Prayer (Omen card exchange adjustments)
1 Like = 1 Prayer (Omen card exchange adjustments)
By Felgarr 2023-05-20 08:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi folks,
We've seen on a few occasions where SE does respond to official forum posts and that it is capable of influencing the game's development. Usually, this requires a number of Likes on the post to get a direct response. Some have had a greater impact than others. For example, some of these include:

1.) Conversations regarding TH and Volte pieces on OF resulted in the Treasure Hunter percentages and item rarity classifications being shared in a subsequent update.
2.) Shinryu HTBF changed from 10 merit cost to 30 merits, was SE's response to reducing congestion. (Not the best solution, I know).
3.) The reaction of Beastmaster's job adjustment being a re-skinned watermelon pet resulted in a slew of new pets being added and 6 pets being able to buff the master. (This one got about 30-35 likes)

If you have a few minutes, take one to like this post:
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/60770-Could-please-lower-the-Omen-Paragon-Card-exchange-rate-from-10-1-to-5-1

Maybe SE won't change the exchange rate of omen cards, but maybe like one user suggested, we can do something with the 1-2 cards we keep getting from AMAN? Maybe a mix of job-type cards will be worth something?

Thoughts?
By Dodik 2023-05-20 08:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That horse is well and truly dead.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2023-05-20 08:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE was paying attention to the official forums at all, they'd have been shut down.
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-20 08:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been banned for over a decade for saying some job was "***tier DPS". (I don't even remember which job it was)
[+]
By ashcrow 2023-05-20 09:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
I've been banned for over a decade for saying some job was "***tier DPS". (I don't even remember which job it was)
MOST LIKELY DRAGOON AND BLUE
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-20 09:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Could as well ask for them to implement a dynamis reforge upgrade item conversion.

Or better yet unify them all in like 10 or 20 items instead having like 220 different items to collect dust
By Felgarr 2023-05-20 10:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Could as well ask for them to implement a dynamis reforge upgrade item conversion.

Or better yet unify them all in like 10 or 20 items instead having like 220 different items to collect dust

Yeah this is a huge crapshoot. By design, SE started off with shards/void pieces for relic reforge as EX only. They couldn't be traded to other characters at the first 3 months of release. Then, when SE made them non-EX, they injected the game with shards from various sources, like gobbie box, etc. Anyway, I think SE was intentional in spreading the shard and void items so wide, because they opted to introduce them as EX first. Just my two cents.
 Leviathan.Horadrius
Server: Leviathan
user: Horadrius
By Leviathan.Horadrius 2023-05-20 12:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggested there and on another thread on this forum that they could also implement the ability to exchange scales for cards. This is similar to the old Limbus system where you could exchange chips for Ancient Beastcoins.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-05-20 12:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked and posted a reply

Feel free to quote me
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-05-20 13:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

Feel free to quote me

You're welcome to test the assumption that SE does or does not monitor the official forums with your sexually explicit ASCII art.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-05-20 13:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

Feel free to quote me

You're welcome to test the assumption that SE does or does not monitor the official forums with your sexually explicit ASCII art.
It's kinda the point. They don't care.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-20 13:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts?

While I doubt they'll do anything, I do think your suggestion is very reasonable.

I like the alternative you mentioned too: instead of requiring 10 of one job's cards to trade for 1 of a different job, let us trade x number of cards of any jobs for a card for the job of your choice. Maybe adjust the number along with that (say, maybe something between 5 to 8 cards total, so they all fit in one trade to the Omen card gobbie)

I'm never going to play GEO on my main (lv01 and it's never going into Omen), but I'll get a GEO card or two just from AMAN. Would be nice to be able to combine those with other job cards I don't need and turn them into something.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-20 13:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moonja said: »
I have to lol. But Felgarr I think is kinda serious. I mean, cards are dumb.

Cards from trove are even more dumb.. what good does one damn card do me lol. I’ve stopped even putting them on mules anymore.

I pretty much got all jobs with 8 cards from trove alone.

It was a nice addition tbf
By RadialArcana 2023-05-20 14:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They do, but doesn't mean they will listen to what you're asking for.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-05-20 15:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll be distracted by the ASCII Diglett (That was a Diglett, right? RIGHT?!) and tell you to please look forward to the Omen Card Exchange Campaign coming in July 2027 when you can now exchange them at a 19:2 ratio instead of 10:1. Please look forward to it
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-20 16:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
(That was a Diglett, right? RIGHT?!)

Im pretty sure its a thumbs up.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-20 16:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an AMA on Reddit where they literally say "look forward to Ambuscade changes" from 7 years ago that never happened.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-20 16:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade changes happens every month
By Seun 2023-05-20 16:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts?

I think you are a slacker for not finishing your AF 7 years later. I think I will not sign your filthy casual appeasement petitions. Take your propaganda elsewhere, this is a forum for elites!

Seriously though, the conversion rate is fine. They need to adjust it so that you can trade ANY 10 cards for the card of your choice. That would make all the random 1 off cards from gobbie box, HTMB and trove more meaningful. It also clears up the issue of having stray cards for jobs you don't play or already finished.

You're welcome casuals.
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-20 17:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't need cards, any AF left would be for a job i'll never get to play. But 10 to 1 should have always been the ratio.
By Dodik 2023-05-20 17:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Ambuscade changes happens every month

I was paraphrasing. They were referring to changes to how you get Ambuscade points to make it less repetitive.

Yeah, that went well.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-20 17:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They increased the points per kill and added seals to triple the increased points.

Promised and delivered. (rare as that is for them)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-05-21 00:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I want them to raise the conversion rate to make it even less attractive. Anything to force players to actually play a new job they're gearing up vs shortcutting them into endgame shouts with zero understanding of the job because they've never had to play it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-05-21 01:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh?! Why is this a thing when we could be asking for Shinryu to go back to 10 merits with them actually fixing the drop rate??? Why do we have to get most of our Crepuscular gear from AMAN Trove???

Who the hell needs the card conversion to be lower??? They already changed it so you can get scales super easy... is that not enough??? Play the game, guys. That's what the rest of us did to get our cards and scales.
By Felgarr 2023-05-21 06:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Huh?! Why is this a thing when we could be asking for Shinryu to go back to 10 merits with them actually fixing the drop rate??? Why do we have to get most of our Crepuscular gear from AMAN Trove???

Who the hell needs the card conversion to be lower??? They already changed it so you can get scales super easy... is that not enough??? Play the game, guys. That's what the rest of us did to get our cards and scales.

I think the issue is that many omen objectives are just not friendly for some jobs. Also, I tend to see omen shouts appear at 17/18, looking for a SAM/SCH/GEO/COR. That means a huge chunk of the 17 people in the group need cards on jobs that might have a tough time completing those objectives.

Re: Shinryu, yeah, totally agree. Make a post asking SE to reduce it to 10 merits, I'll give it an upvote.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-05-21 06:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That means a huge chunk of the 17 people in the group need cards on jobs that might have a tough time completing those objectives are mules or friends of the original shouter that are going to be straight afk

ftfy

(not disagreeing that the objectives favor certain jobs and could use adjustment, just pointing out the reality on asura)
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-05-21 07:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel free to quote me

It's kinda the point. They don't care.

OK, so in 24 hours, on a weekend, it looks like the ASCII-text penis is gone. Congratulations, you managed to provoke SE into action on the official forums. I hereby, present to you, Negan, this award on Square-Enix's behalf.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-21 08:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Censoring pictures of *** is the only thing they can be bothered to give a *** about.

You can BE a ***, you just can't show a ***.
[+]