Forum » FFXI » NMs » Notorious Monster Data Collecting
Notorious Monster Data Collecting
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-09-05 17:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Next year I plan on returning to the game (possibly in Spring) and begin a challenge where I find as many Notorious Monsters as possible. Why? I enjoyed NM hunting back in the day and it will give me something different to do outside the grindy endgame content. I know it will take forever and require a ton of patience, but I'd like to try.

While compiling a list, I noticed that BGwiki is missing many links and pages for the older NM. Would someone appreciate the list of missing NMs? Or is this something the BGwiki people already have?

I was wondering if there are any bits of information we don't already know? I am aware there are a few NM with unknown spawn conditions and it would be awesome to figure those out. Also, I won't be going after system NMs, like those in Sky, Sea, ZNMs etc. I don't see the point because they are well-known. I'm more about the roaming NMs and the other forced spawns not connected to anything.

I'm not doing this for a long time yet, but I'd like to know well in advance so I can plan ahead. I might turn it into a YouTube series if there's enough interest, although if I do it won't be flashy. Don't expect cool graphics or funny jokes, it will be purely informative with little fluff. If you have any requests, please let me know. Thanks.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-05 18:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIclopedia has info on the older NMs that BG is lacking on.
[+]
By Manque 2022-09-05 18:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's anything specific you're interested in that you cannot find info for in English throw me a PM and I will go through the JP wiki/other resources to help ya out.

Don't forget to accept the Miraculous Dale quest before you start!
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Miraculous_Dale
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-09-05 19:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Start with the hunt registry nm system. It's made for what you want to do. Hunt registry is like 400+ nms
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-09-05 19:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
^ This. I'm honestly not sure if there are any NMs at all that aren't adequately listed and noted as long as you cross-reference BG and FFXIclopedia.

iirc, FFXIclopedia was the lead for NM information all the way up to about Voidwalker/Abyssea NMs and then after that, BG-wiki started to take over from there.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-09-05 19:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I know FFXIcyclopedia has all the NMs, but if there's any information anybody feels is lacking, I'll look into it when I do it. I could make updated screenshots if any of the wikis would like those.

Manque said: »
If there's anything specific you're interested in that you cannot find info for in English throw me a PM and I will go through the JP wiki/other resources to help ya out.

Don't forget to accept the Miraculous Dale quest before you start!
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Miraculous_Dale

Thanks for this! I'll definitely get it started.

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Start with the hunt registry nm system. It's made for what you want to do. Hunt registry is like 400+ nms

I'll look into this. Thank you.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-09-05 19:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, make sure you activate the Records of Eminence quests for any NMs you are hunting
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-09-05 19:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Also, make sure you activate the Records of Eminence quests for any NMs you are hunting

I believe I got all of those. Biast was the last one, that thing would never spawn, lol.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-09-05 20:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
^ This. I'm honestly not sure if there are any NMs at all that aren't adequately listed and noted as long as you cross-reference BG and FFXIclopedia.

iirc, FFXIclopedia was the lead for NM information all the way up to about Voidwalker/Abyssea NMs and then after that, BG-wiki started to take over from there.

Here's a list of time/lottery NM's that on BGwiki either 1) do not have a dedicated page, or 2) are not linked on the page of their respective area. Of course, they are all found on FFXIcyclopedia. I did not check those that are force spawned.

Bedrock Barry, Ghillie Dhu, Highlander Lizard, Metal Shears, Hippomaritimus, Toxic Tamlyn, Ni'Zho Bladebender, Ravenous Crawler, Eldritch Edge, Frost Flambeau, Magnotaur, Skvader, Barbaric Weapon, Timeworn Warrior, Rambukk, Amanita, Slumbering Samwell, Sappy Sycamore, Supplespine Mujwuj, Tottering Toby, Eyegouger, Prankster Maverix, Skirling Liger, Slippery Sucker, Qoofim, Atkorkamuy

Shankha, Splacknuck, Backoo, Wake Warder Wanda, Sargas, Sekhmet, Numbing Norman, Habrok, Herbage Hunter, Daggerclaw Dracos, Patripatan, Chonchon, Naa Zeku The Unwaiting, Blighting Brand, Bastet, Elusive Edwin, Huwasi, Rogue Receptacle, Nargun, Martinet, Donnergugi, Sabotender Corrido, Calchas, Dahu, Picolaton, Killer Jonny, Tegmine, Zmey Gorynych, Bayawak, Koropokkur, Pyuu The Spatemaker, Acolnahuacatl, Hoar-knuckled Rimberry, Powderer Penny, Flockbock, Sengann, Yal-un Eke, Okyupete

Chelicerata, Gharial, Nis Puk, Mahishasura, Harvestman, Chary Apkallu, Fahrafahr the Bloodied, Ignamoth, Aynu-kaysey, Vidhuwa the Wrathborn, Ankabut, Olgoi-Khorkhoi, Peaseblossom, Sacropsylla
Vasiliceratops, Croque-mitaine, Nommo, Sugaar, Delicieuse Delphine, Erle, Lamina, Belladonna, Ramponneau, Tiffenotte, Demoiselle Desolee, Emela-ntouka, Centipedal Centruroides, Hemodrosophila, Muq Shabeel, Coquecigrue, Herensugue, Melusine, Myradrosh, Goblintrap, Boll Weevil, Drumskull Zogdregg, Voirloup

Big Bang, Judgmental Julika, Warabouc, Burlibix Brawnback, Becut, Grand'Goule, Graoully, Prince Orobas, Tikbalang, Be'Hya Hundredwall, Qu'Vho Deathhurler, Bugbear Muscleman, Sword Sorcerer Solisoq, Dynast Beetle, Kegpaunch Doshgnosh, Ankou, Donggu, Agar Agar, Quu Xijo the Illusory, Nocuous Weapon, Slendlix Spindlethumb, Legalox Heftyhind, Ah Puch, Desmodont, Canal Moocher, Brazen Bones, Konjac, Lesath, Gloombound Lurker, Trembler Tabitha, Hazmat, Hovering Hotpot

Saa Doyi the Fervid, Lii Jixa the Somnolist, Mucoid Mass, Gloom Eye, Hyakume, Jenglot, Mind Hoarder, Sluagh, Likho, Marquis Naberius, Marquis Sabnock, Sozu Bilberry, Lizardtrap, Firedance Magmaal Ja, Venomfang, Copper Borer, Flammeri, Euryale, Morille Mortelle, Ethniu, Laelaps, Tethra, Buarainech, Citadel Pipistrelles & Elatha