Under What Conditions Does FINDALL Update?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Under What Conditions Does FINDALL update?
Under What Conditions Does FINDALL update?
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2022-07-19 13:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, /bow

I don't know if it's something I did or just my ignorance. I'm wondering under what condition does //Findall update?

I logged into a mule with "Darksteel Ore." It has 29 of them. I added 2 more (now 31), waited 90 seconds, and then logged out.

I went to another character and did a //findall Darksteel Ore and saw the other character had 29 Darksteel Ore NOT THE 31 it had in reality.

The only way I was able to get the correct number to appear on all characters was to do either:

A) //Find Darksteel Ore on the character with them OR
B //Find on the character with them.

I didn't think I needed to manually update Findall by doing a //Find on each character?

What am I missing / doing wrong?

Thank you for your time and help,

IBHalliwell of Ragnarok formerly of Caitsith.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-07-19 13:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it updates when you zone as the list needs to be repopulated each time. When I zone, it will tell me to wait because it is still downloading data or something along those lines. I forget the exact message. One of the data bottlenecks of this game, sadly. I spend so much time warping around to Homepoints and Survival Guides these days that my list is constantly "not ready". It is a pain because the Block List data also has to load each time you zone so every time I return to town, I see the same RMT and bot spammers for 20-30 seconds.

Try zoning and let the little data wheels stop spinning and then log off. See if that helps.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2022-07-25 07:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
I believe it updates when you zone as the list needs to be repopulated each time. When I zone, it will tell me to wait because it is still downloading data or something along those lines. I forget the exact message. One of the data bottlenecks of this game, sadly. I spend so much time warping around to Homepoints and Survival Guides these days that my list is constantly "not ready". It is a pain because the Block List data also has to load each time you zone so every time I return to town, I see the same RMT and bot spammers for 20-30 seconds.

Try zoning and let the little data wheels stop spinning and then log off. See if that helps.

Hi!

Thank you for your reply.

I'm logging into my mules to get login points and check for incoming stuff (via the delivery box (e.g. obox)).

I'm not zoning other than to log into the character. Does logging into the character count as zoning?? I see both wheels and then they stop. Yet, nothing gets updated. Do I need to zone out of the mog house and back in? Seems like a lot of waiting (zoning twice (out and back in)).
By Jetackuu 2022-07-25 08:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have findall loading after your character logs in? if so then it will likely be the first zone after that. Otherwise it may be a good question on the windower discord (they lurk here but yar).

Try literally just opening the item menu though.

Could just open the directory and see when that character's findall lua gets updated.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-07-25 09:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It will not update unless your inventory is fully loaded, after which point it updates when your inventory changes. If you are logging in and out of packed mules quickly, it may be that it never fully loads.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2022-07-25 12:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad //findall aint linked w/ //gw since thats a much greater issue atm that never ceases to exist
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2022-07-27 15:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Do you have findall loading after your character logs in? if so then it will likely be the first zone after that. Otherwise it may be a good question on the windower discord (they lurk here but yar).

Try literally just opening the item menu though.

Could just open the directory and see when that character's findall lua gets updated.

My lua addons get loaded well before any character logs in, as I've seen timing issues with logger and other addons. I have several waits to insure everything gets in before I start the game. Basically an echo comes up telling me it is OK to log into a character.

As for the opening the menu item: I tried opening the menu -> item and -> View House PLUS going through each and every area (e.g. safe, safe 2, etc).

When looking at the problem originally, I did have a command prompt to he data directory of findall open. I would notice the file for the character would only update after doing a //find and not simply logging into the character.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-07-27 17:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It will not update unless your inventory is fully loaded, after which point it updates when your inventory changes. If you are logging in and out of packed mules quickly, it may be that it never fully loads.
Unless you're sending/receiving items with the sendbox/deliverybox from what I've seen. I just do a //find something on the char if I want to update it quickly before logging after using those. Moving an item between bags might also trigger the update.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2022-07-28 18:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Unless you're sending/receiving items with the sendbox/deliverybox from what I've seen. I just do a //find something on the char if I want to update it quickly before logging after using those. Moving an item between bags might also trigger the update.

Hello,

I spoke to one of the V5 developers who agreed this is a FindAll issue. Unfortunately, FindAll has many issues and they don't have much time. He suggested I do a pull and fix the issue myself. I agreed and sometime (hopefully soon) will have a FindAll that works with logging in.

(One thought is a new FindAll command - quiet -. The idea is the command would do what it normally does but without output to the log / screen.)