Brag About Your Server!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Brag about your Server!
Brag about your Server!
First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-21 14:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, we've all seen more than enough Asura bashing and warnings to fill a lifetime....perhaps the reason returnees rush there and people flock there is more than just a connection to the reddit....maybe the rest of us on the small servers need to show why we like our little homes, and brag about them a bit!

For example, if you never want an Ambuscade wait, always having empyrean weapon item camps to yourself (even during campaigns!), and a lack of merc shouts, Leviathan might just be a great home for ya! Sure, we're not as big in the endgame scene, but that doesn't mean there isn't one, and people are very willing to give newbies and returnees a little help and a chance.

Yeah, we're small, but small town neighbors are always the ones you can rely on in a pinch. Small servers are much more about relationships than prowess and gear. So if you're just missing the connections made, perhaps that's the right environment for ya.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-21 14:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need to find people to do content with my server has tons of PUGs.

Edit: Asura FYI
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-21 14:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

much appreciate the comment, but the irony is not lost that the 1st comment is from an Asura account (possibly you're not still on that server just still using your original account I know, its just humorous)
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-06-21 14:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

*** Leviathan, give us Cele back.

Did I do it right?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-06-21 14:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

We like things a little slower on Lakshmi. Cold iced tea, lazy afternoons rockin` on the porch.

Can get a bit dangerous.. The teenagers sometimes sneak up on to McGregors Farm to nick apples. Local kids sometimes get too close to my lawn.

Its not all work here, though.. In the fall we have the harvest festival and a barn raisin' every so often as well. And momma makes moonshine in the goat barn.

Lakshmi is all right. Fine place for fine people.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-06-21 14:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »

Did I do it right?

Every time I see Bahamut posts I think of when my buddy transferred there cuz Antiquity sounded like it was gonna be the greatest thing ever and then... Alei took everyone's stuff and ran or something.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-21 15:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor's the best because none of you are here
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2022-06-21 15:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh's still the best. Closed down or not.

Ramuh4life
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-21 15:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I do it right?
Y'all too good to me^^

I have always referred to Bahamut as "Asura with a Conscience"^^
 Valefor.Godsblackarm
Server: Valefor
user: Serj
By Valefor.Godsblackarm 2022-06-21 15:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Valefor's the best because none of you are here

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-21 15:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
We like things a little slower on Lakshmi. Cold iced tea, lazy afternoons rockin` on the porch.

Can get a bit dangerous.. The teenagers sometimes sneak up on to McGregors Farm to nick apples. Local kids sometimes get too close to my lawn.

Its not all work here, though.. In the fall we have the harvest festival and a barn raisin' every so often as well. And momma makes moonshine in the goat barn.

Lakshmi is all right. Fine place for fine people.

Lakshmi was a ghost town when I was there several years ago. I would shout for hours and get 2-3/6 people required to get anything done. I’d be shocked if any single box players can accomplish anything over there via pug scene. Hope homies back home are still doing okay!

I wonder if remnants of my previous yells are still echoing through the streets of Western Adoulin…
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-21 15:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
If you need to find people to do content with my server has tons of PUGs.

Edit: Asura FYI

It comes in waves. A lot of it gets buried through the ungodly amount of bot/rmt shouts. Even with 2 spam addons loaded and 100+ rmt blocked, its nonstop garbage to sift through. And then there's also dozens of other people also shout watching just like you may be, so you have to respond quickly to shouts or you will get left out
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-21 15:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@Buukki- kind of my desire with this post is to show players who want to be active there is more than Asura. Yes, you have to work to make it happen, and once some servers get so desolate during your play times, it can become impossible.

I just wonder how many others feel like its impossible, and if all those people went to a smaller server and worked together, they might have a better game experience than trying to sift thru those 100s of RMT shouts and such.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-06-21 15:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck's fun because Nickeny plays on that server.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-21 15:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
@Buukki- kind of my desire with this post is to show players who want to be active there is more than Asura. Yes, you have to work to make it happen, and once some servers get so desolate during your play times, it can become impossible.

I just wonder how many others feel like its impossible, and if all those people went to a smaller server and worked together, they might have a better game experience than trying to sift thru those 100s of RMT shouts and such.

I don't advocate for people to come to Asura anymore. It all comes down to the person and your playstyle, what you're looking for, and what you can put up with. If you're the kind of person who wants to sit around and do nothing and wait for someone to set something up, it won't really matter where you go. Asura might be a better option for players to group up with, but there's still hundreds of players over here who haven't done modern content, despite the high population. You do have to collaborate anywhere you go. If you like setting up your own stuff, Asura is great for saving time because there's so many people to choose from. Also a great place to make money. Buying rare items is incredibly easy here now with trove.

There's also other major frustrations on Asura that are pretty unbearable. I.e. don't even swart farm during an Omen card campaign. Farming an empyrean boss like Apademak is infinitely more frustrating on Asura. Bots are everywhere. CP/SP camps are loaded most of the time. The pros and cons basically balance each other out.

Personally, I had to move off of the smaller server or I would have 100% quit. I have limited playtime and conflicting interests during certain peak seasons, so I need to be around active players at all hours of the day. So this just works for me. YMMV. I don't think advocating for Asura all of the time is the move anymore. Its definitely not for everyone (I personally enjoy it).
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-06-21 15:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir is the best because it ate a unicorn, wolves and unicorns what more could you ask for?!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-21 15:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

great points all of them. As was mentioned in an earlier post, I spent over a year on Bahamut (a much larger server than Leviathan) and met great people and got so much better faster because of the benefits of a large server. So its always a give and take like you point out.

I just sense that for years we only talk about the negatives of both types of servers ("Asura's so crowded you can't CP/etc","Leviathan's so small there's no one to do anything with", etc). And the benefits of a large server are of course pretty obvious, so maybe its time to talk a bit about the not-so-obvious benefits smaller servers can provide.

....Oh, and apparently Lakshmi has Sweet Tea. I might have to transfer.
 Kujata.Esdain
Server: Kujata
user: esdain
By Kujata.Esdain 2022-06-21 15:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata forever in my heart.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-21 15:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Fenrir is the best because it ate a unicorn, wolves and unicorns what more could you ask for?!
Sidenote: my disdain for Asura originates like many stores of hatred and jealousy. See, Asura stole away Pandemonium, my birth server, like the new guy who marries your mom during "her change" after she leaves your dad.

I'm not calling you Dad, Asura!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-06-21 15:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Lakshmi was a ghost town when I was there several years ago. I would shout for hours and get 2-3/6 people required to get anything done. I’d be shocked if any single box players can accomplish anything over there via pug scene. Hope homies back home are still doing okay!

Miss you Galka.

Lakshmi just wants you to rest your weary souls in her bosom.
[+]
 Kujata.Esdain
Server: Kujata
user: esdain
By Kujata.Esdain 2022-06-21 15:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
wolves and unicorns what more could you ask for?!

Tim Curry.

[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-06-21 16:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Fairy. Miss you. Ain't no shout drama like shout drama about Poof.

As for Asura...well, some of our servermates got Spike Flail nerfed, that's something I suppose?
By Starbucks 2022-06-21 16:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

I don't advocate for people to come to Asura anymore. It all comes down to the person and your playstyle, what you're looking for, and what you can put up with. If you're the kind of person who wants to sit around and do nothing and wait for someone to set something up, it won't really matter where you go. Asura might be a better option for players to group up with, but there's still hundreds of players over here who haven't done modern content, despite the high population. You do have to collaborate anywhere you go. If you like setting up your own stuff, Asura is great for saving time because there's so many people to choose from. Also a great place to make money. Buying rare items is incredibly easy here now with trove.

There's also other major frustrations on Asura that are pretty unbearable. I.e. don't even swart farm during an Omen card campaign. Farming an empyrean boss like Apademak is infinitely more frustrating on Asura. Bots are everywhere. CP/SP camps are loaded most of the time. The pros and cons basically balance each other out.

Personally, I had to move off of the smaller server or I would have 100% quit. I have limited playtime and conflicting interests during certain peak seasons, so I need to be around active players at all hours of the day. So this just works for me. YMMV. I don't think advocating for Asura all of the time is the move anymore. Its definitely not for everyone (I personally enjoy it).
Barely anyone plays the game really, even on Asura most people logged in are mules/RMT and/or AFK etc.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-21 18:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »

Did I do it right?

Every time I see Bahamut posts I think of when my buddy transferred there cuz Antiquity sounded like it was gonna be the greatest thing ever and then... Alei took everyone's stuff and ran or something.
I REMEMBER THIS! I was in Antiquity, but I had nothing to steal ( ._.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-21 20:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Bismarck's fun because Nickeny plays on that server.

Hey man, we had all that drama in the early days with Killuminati and Rustymetal, and that BismarckBitchList .com site that someone put up.
[+]
 Ramuh.Spookyfish
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Spookyfish 2022-06-21 20:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
Ramuh's still the best. Closed down or not.

Ramuh4life

r.i.p motherland
[+]
By GwenStacy 2022-06-21 20:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is pretty much the worse because of Spicyryan
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2022-06-21 21:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

we are now vize free
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-21 21:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just from these forums I'd say Bismarck is a cool *** server. Although having Vize is a PLUS! So sad he left.
[+]
First Page 2 3