How Do You Feel About The State Of The Game?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How do you feel about the state of the game?
How do you feel about the state of the game?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Jetackuu 2022-06-16 16:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Musashi232 said: »
Leveling content that no one does just Botts and boxing oh i mean botting and boxing :), the only content we have is leveling and there is no median for solo, if you solo with trusts ur so much slower, today i played for 3-4 hours to go from 20k to 100k/147k or something, and literally gave up, i don't bott i dont box how dare you say its content when its just made for the Botts, Square could have gone a different route, but no because people bott and 6 box this is normal now the people ruined the game. or the exp could have been much Lower. Than there is those guys who make Stupid videos with geo's and bard alt box botting, saying look u can solo So much Exemplary lying to people lol, what the *** happened to this game,

Don't say make a party, don't say look for a party BECAUSE THERE IS NONE! JUST SELLING SERVICES

I *** swear they should bann boxing

Could you and everyone like you just quit, please, thanks.

Edit: don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of bots (idk wtf a bott is) but to get this irrationally butthurt over it or claiming that you can't enjoy the game because of them is asinine. Get a grip.
[+]
By axetofall 2022-06-16 17:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

the reality is that it's a 20 year old ps2 mmo. i love it for the memories and nostalgia and that's enough for me at this point. that they even bothered to do RoV was pretty awesome.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-16 17:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Musashi232 said: »
Don't say make a party, don't say look for a party BECAUSE THERE IS NONE! JUST SELLING SERVICES
Might be worth going to a different server, Asura has tons of PUGs for CP/ML.

No idea what server you are on now.
By RadialArcana 2022-06-16 17:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Haldarn said: »
I desperately want to travel to new areas, to explore, to quest, to see new monsters, to read about what culture/mythology they've pulled them from. To have characters I can laugh with, cry with and beat all the odds with. To have a monthly storyline that's not locked behind anything; that's mysterious, dramatic and ultimately rewarding so I can discuss it with my LS and online as it happens. To be playing a game I can proudly recommend to friends beyond my declaration that this is the best Final Fantasy in the series.

I couldn't give a flying frog about another tier of gear or another year-long grind laid out before me.

I was gutted at the 20th anniversary, am generally annoyed by Yoshi-P's attitude and feel so low about the game right now I barely log on.

FFXI is a game that is no longer in the lime light as it was and is only still running because we are too cantankerous to quit and go play their new game, they tried real hard for a long time to get us to move and we wouldn't.

The developers love the game and as long as we are here they will try their best with the funds available to them, I appreciate their efforts and I'm glad the game is still getting updates. New major storyline, new endgame, new gear...new stuff we never thought we would be getting in 2016.

Does it suck Yoshi-P isn't spending more on the game to the point we can have an expansion, so they can have a programmer on the team and get some kind of updated dev kit? Sure, however it's still running and getting more content than we thought it would be getting at this point, and at the end of the day that's still a win. Heck it's a lot more than many games are getting.

Who knows what the future holds, they stated that the 20th was a goal point and they were seeing how things looked after that to judge what they were going to do from then on. To me it looks like they still want to carry on and player numbers are still good and there is still interest, maybe the future will bring more than we currently imagine it will (above and beyond what we are currently waiting for them to add). Positivity is always better than the alternative, because one brings others up and the other brings everyone down. If others feel positive, they want to play and they want to make things as a community.

Fixate on what we're getting and not on what we're not, it could be a metric ton worse.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-16 17:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just hard to remain positive when you see how they treat this game... Just looking at how they treat XIV in comparison when we are paying similar prices, is really annoying. I am sure something can happen later on but I doubt the numbers will be the same, a lot of people felt betrayed by this anniversary so they won't be hoping for much.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-16 18:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
It's just hard to remain positive when you see how they treat this game... Just looking at how they treat XIV in comparison when we are paying similar prices, is really annoying. I am sure something can happen later on but I doubt the numbers will be the same, a lot of people felt betrayed by this anniversary so they won't be hoping for much.

So what you're saying is that the player base is PRIMED for them to over deliver?

Is mostly joking. No clue if we are going to get real content next month or soon.
[+]
By stuoobey 2022-06-16 19:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a 20 year old game, I'm not really sure why people expect so much, it's still tied into 20 year old technology.

We would all love to see new zones, new battlefields, new jobs, but we aren't going to see them.

If you're still playing enjoy it for what it is, if you've moved on, then enjoy the memories (just don't be bitchy about it, accept it for what it is).
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-16 20:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenty of 20 year old games still ticking and coming up with expansions and new content. Stop making excuses for SE or telling people they should only accept the bare minimum even tho they have pseudo increased sub cost.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-16 21:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
... since I really don't wanna drop $20+ a month to play XI.
By stuoobey 2022-06-16 22:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I get it, I was mad as well, but it's not going to change, so I moved on.
By Hopalong 2022-06-16 22:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't logged on the past few days, probably going to cancel just so it doesn't automatically renew.

Bored and tired of the same old dance. It's like a live Phish song that's just keeps going on and on to the same beat/non integrated rhythm.

The "content" isn't enough to justify the grind. I'm like a third of the way through VR and its boring... run here run there.. talk 1000 times, go back talk another 1000 times, really old school boring game mission creation.

Maxing a job is like a Mt Everest and you don't see me climbing Mt Everest. I can manage, and love the challenge, of like, Mt Lady Washington, but good lord.. Everest? I could have climbed Everest in my 20's perhaps, but I'm 40 now.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-16 22:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just honestly laziness and being dumb on their part. They could create a Nyzul lv119 and increase tokens just slightly so its better than the original ver. No new gear needed and maybe make the mobs hard so they give master levels. Monstrosity still a huge untapped content source. All kinds of content that can just be tweaked for 119 and some mechanics changes and they would have tons of "new" content to keep people busy. Instead they rather let people do the same content for 2yrs+ before something new comes along.
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-06-16 22:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

State of the Game: Declining faster than usual.
By axetofall 2022-06-16 23:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenty of 20 year old games still ticking and coming up with expansions and new content. Stop making excuses for SE or telling people they should only accept the bare minimum even tho they have pseudo increased sub cost.

Plenty? Really?
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-16 23:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

pseudo increased sub cost.

$12.95 in 2002 dollars is worth over $21 today, so if you want to be realistic about things they haven't raised the base sub price in TWO DECADES and it has actually become cheaper and cheaper over time in relation to the purchasing power of today's money. Most subscription services get price hikes over time (for example, look at Netflix with two increases in the past year and a half or so).

Yes, they're selling optional upgrades with wardrobes - but IMO that's not really an unreasonable way to get a little more out of your most hardcore fanbase who will actually use the inventory space (analogous to people paying more to buy an HD Netflix plan instead of standard, or paying more for higher data phone plans), and can be skipped (including in increments, like buying 4 wardrobes instead of all 8) by players who don't need all of them.

They're keeping the lights on for the hardcore people who have played for over a decade and want the game to stick around. And for what it is, the additions like Odyssey, monthly Ambuscade and minor adjustments, and some new content like Prime weapons and whatever we get for Empy upgrades... perfectly reasonable for me.

Hell, in the time FFXI has been in operation Nintendo has opened and closed the ability to buy things for multiple systems (Wii and DSi already closed, WiiU and 3DS stores closing for purchases in March 2023).
[+]
By CrAZYVIC 2022-06-17 02:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
they haven't raised the base sub price in TWO DECADES

I disagree with your opinion.

I agree with you that in 20 years the price of the FFXI monthly payment has not increased. It would have to increase 5% annually to keep up with inflation. For countries with a strong economy such as JAPAN, CANADA, USA, GERMANY, FRANCE, the price of the FFXI SUB should be 35 USD in the current year 2022.

My argument against that, for Third World countries like MEXICO where I live, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay. That 12.95 that you pay to us is like 38.85 USD with our weak economies. So square enix and the FFXI dev team are being so LAZY and they have not adjusted the price depending on the COUNTRY you live in. As they know this, they prefer to leave the price "Same" even though it affects them financially and they don't have enough capital to release content regularly. XBOX, STEAM, AMAZON already charge you depending on the currency of your country.

In USA the price of the game should be 35 USD. This number was obtained with 5% annual interest, a standard average for many countries.

In Mexico the price of the game should be 350 mx pesos. This number was obtained, taking into account the economic recession that occurred in Mexico from 2012-2018, where the dollar increased its price from 12 mx pesos to 22 mx pesos, the hours of work required and the salary difference.

Taking the factors mentioned above. For a Mexican, paying 350 pesos a month is what an American would feel when paying 35 USD.

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
upgrades with wardrobes - but IMO that's not really an unreasonable way to get a little more out of your most hardcore fanbase

I agree with you about the wardrobes, is a creative idea to increase the price and even the netflix analogy you used is fantastic.

Look, Netflix if they increase the price 5% a year I pay them, because they EARN IT with work, they create new series, movies regularly, they acquire classic movie licenses, they create content.

The FFXI Dev team doesn't work hard enough and doesn't release content regularly, a lolupdate every 3-4 years it's an insult to your playerbase, please do not come with the idea Ambuscade is real-content. When our devs release content like OMEN, ODYSSEY, DYNAMIS divergence once a year. I pay them $50 a month with no excuses.

Sorry I don't like to encourage mediocrity of our FFXI-Staff
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-17 02:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

CrAZYVIC said: »
My argument against that, for Third World countries like MEXICO where I live, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay. That 12.95 that you pay to us is like 38.85 USD with our weak economies. So square enix and the FFXI dev team are being so LAZY and they have not adjusted the price depending on the COUNTRY you live in. As they know this, they prefer to leave the price "Same" even though it affects them financially and they don't have enough capital to release content regularly. XBOX, STEAM, AMAZON already charge you depending on the currency of your country.

In USA the price of the game should be 35 USD
In Mexico the price of the game should be 350 mx pesos

What? Do you realize how childish this opinion is? A company sets a price based upon their expected profit margin and costs. It isn't cheaper for SE to provide you with service in Mexico, so why should they charge less?

And by the way, calling where you live a "Third World Nation" and then complaining about the price of video games is really in bad taste.

EDIT: just so everyone's clear with the numbers he listed, he essentially wants US gamers to pay double the USD equivalent to play than those gamers in Mexico. 350 mx pesos= ~17 dollars USD.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-06-17 03:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Name 5, also how many of those were originally a console based MMO that didnt bother to ever shift away from it until well after it lost its place as the singular MMO of the company and instead had to share resources with the other, newer, and more optimized MMO
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-17 04:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: SE apologists.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-17 04:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of you need to quit already.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-17 05:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You just had a different tune not that long ago.. You can be optimistic about the games future, but wanting to hold the company accountable for lazy work isn't a bad thing. You don't have to kiss their *** because they graciously decided to keep the servers online even tho they are profiting from doing so. We can create an echo chamber if you like tho, anyone not happy about the current path the game is taking can just die I guess.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-06-17 06:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you pay to play 11 you're already supporting ff14 indirectly anyway, XI exists as part of XIV operations and has been ever since they moved us into square enix accounts (ff14 accounts systems). If you play 11 you're counted as a ff14 player, and all money we give is counted towards that too. There is no 11 as its own entity at Square anymore, 11 exists as part of 14 operations.

The only thing being negative accomplishes is making more people not want to login, making community projects (such as the HD map project as an example) die if the people working on it get infected with all this negativity and lose their passion to keep working on them.

If potential players come here to see all this, you really think they are going to carry on and buy the game?

Maybe I'm missing some 4d chess at play where people who put 10 hour a day into a game they are paying to play are so negative they make it look awful to onlookers, and this somehow makes things better.

It would be one thing if this was some constructive discussion, or it somehow had an impact on changing things. However it's just constant negativity.

You never see this kind of overall negativity on other places for things like Runescape or Everquest, where the places effectively turn into anti fan sites. I think part of the problem honestly is just that the people who run/mod the site don't play the game anymore so don't care, cause XIV negativity sure does gets shut t f down fast asf.

If this exact thread was about ff14 it would of been shut down hard for being negative, you're allowed and encouraged to be negative about ff11 tho.

Anyway, it is what it is I guess. Carry on.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Musashi232 2022-06-17 07:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

axetofall said: »

Plenty? Really?
Everquest 1 and 2, and it has a lower population.
By RadialArcana 2022-06-17 08:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shkj said: »
Seeing things as they are and not being happy about them is not exactly the same as being negative.

This is the thing though, things aren't anywhere near as bad as people are making them out to be. In 2015-2016 they outright stated XI was going into maintenance mode and there would be no more updates.

Quote:
Essentially what we will be doing is data adjustments. Adding new content, for example Dynamis II or such, would be difficult. However, it's possible to make additions that do not rely on development tools. We have yet to specifically decide on what we will be doing in terms of updates, but we are thinking about easing and eliminating restrictions for content that is limited by congestion countermeasures. Additionally, we are planning to fix bugs and make balance adjustments based on player feedback. Instead of focusing resources towards the addition of new content, we will be focusing all our power on making current content easier to get into. We’d like to create a world that players will be able to return to any time.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46687?p=546656#post546656

We went from this to:

We are getting a whole new storyline, we got a new leveling system, new gear is being added, new textures were added new features were added to the inventory system (trashbin), new gear is being added, new endgame is being worked on. Additionally to this, they have added 3-4 different new things since they stated the game was getting no new content.

When a company says a game is ceasing updates, that is almost never gone back on. That the XI dev team did that, is a big deal and should be appreciated.

Things are nowhere near as bad as some make them out to be, yet it's always pushed as doom and gloom and how dare they charge $12 for this. On a game many of these same people begged them not to shut down a few years ago.

As for XIAH

When I played other games and interacted with the communities, the people running those places loved the games and actively steered the community into positivity. Not to say they stopped people talking but they actively made sure it didn't turn into a cesspit of negativity that turned everyone on the site into doomers too. Obvious bad actors like the guy I blocked and can't remember the name of with the pengiun avatar were removed. The whole goal was to be a "fansite" and not turn into what BG turned into years ago.

That does not happen here, you can crap on 11 all you want and nobody will stop you. You can create an overall negative atmosphere towards the game the entire site is based on and that's ok.

However

I know it's a free site and they can run it however they want, and that "XI players just don't want to moderate or can't be trusted" or whatever but it's still a seedbed of negativity and allowed to be so. A lot of people refuse to post here at all because it kills their enjoyment of the game.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-06-17 09:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

What? Do you realize how childish this opinion is? A company sets a price based upon their expected profit margin and costs. It isn't cheaper for SE to provide you with service in Mexico, so why should they charge less?

And by the way, calling where you live a "Third World Nation" and then complaining about the price of video games is really in bad taste.

EDIT: just so everyone's clear with the numbers he listed, he essentially wants US gamers to pay double the USD equivalent to play than those gamers in Mexico. 350 mx pesos= ~17 dollars USD.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong he, but couldn't he also just get crysta with paypal via his local currency?
 Ragnarok.Kjahl
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kjahl
By Ragnarok.Kjahl 2022-06-17 09:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong he, but couldn't he also just get crysta with paypal via his local currency?

I'm from Mexico too, (I don't complain about the monthly fee) and no, we can't pay in our currency and PayPal charges a LOT to convert MXN to USD, that's why it's expensive.

In example, USD-MXN parity is around $20 MXN per USD, but Paypal charges like $3 MXN per dollar, that's why we pay more.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-17 09:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI is pretty damn good overall, most major issues have been fixed by the community and the job balance is better then it's ever been.

Most issues people see now are caused by Odyssea being the current "End Game" and presenting it's own restrictions, once newer content gets release that changes. Without getting into niche or specialized setups we have three tank jobs, three healer jobs, and most of the DPS are interchangeable. The only real limit is that BRD and COR are still practically required for every setup, not sure that will ever change.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-17 09:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We have yet to specifically decide on what we will be doing in terms of updates, but we are thinking about easing and eliminating restrictions for content that is limited by congestion countermeasures. ... Instead of focusing resources towards the addition of new content, we will be focusing all our power on making current content easier to get into.
Shinryu costs 30 merits and has no queue system. Still a 10:1 trade for Omen cards with only 3 per run on average. Still a 3-man requirement for Delve and Dynamis Divergence, still time-based lockouts on Omen, Dynamis Divergence, and Odyssey. Still have to do Odyssey every other day at least or waste a phone. Odyssey NMs require 3 geared jobs at 99 per person and disallows the use of sub jobs, restricting flexibility and ease of entrance further.

Quote:
Additionally, we are planning to fix bugs and make balance adjustments based on player feedback.
BLM, NIN, and BST are still waiting for job adjustments. Relics weapons are still largely underwhelming compared to other REMAs. Load times are abysmal with multiple wardrobes and seem to be getting gradually worse. That alone generates incredible fatigue as a user over the course of multiple zones, especially when it takes as long as 45 seconds to be able to use /linkshell after zoning.

Quote:
We’d like to create a world that players will be able to return to any time.
Yet the content they do add requires daily upkeep to capitalize on FOMO while they do nothing to ease the constraints of older content like Omen. Helping returning players get caught up is a monumental task that can't even be completely assuaged by throwing gil at the problem because there's no way to overcome the forced time gatekeeping.

So much of FFXI is a repetitive grind that must be done on a daily or near-daily basis, usually in such a way that caters best to bots, with exemplar points being the best recent example. The time requirements are worse than they've ever been, with an almost complete disregard for the fact that the majority of the player base is comprised of adults with jobs and families instead of the open availability of the past. Older content is quickly abandoned and rarely maintained, and the requirements haven't been lessened since the timers got reduced on Assault tags.

If people are responding in a negative fashion, it's because existing problems aren't being addressed and new ones are getting added.
[+]