Wise Cap Or Elite Beret For RDM?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Wise Cap or Elite Beret for RDM?
Wise Cap or Elite Beret for RDM?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2009-10-30 01:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing how dynamis Xarcabard will never happen for me, I'm trying to decide what I should pick. Does 1 Magic Accuracy even really equal one magic skill?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 01:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Okamiwolf said:
Seeing how dynamis Xarcabard will never happen for me, I'm trying to decide what I should pick. Does 1 Magic Accuracy even really equal one magic skill?

Supposedly its more like 1 skill is about .9macc... so yeah NQ wise would beat HQ elite by a little
 Ramuh.Ilvex
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2009-10-30 01:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

but wise cap looks so horrible :/
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-10-30 01:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Supposedly its more like 1 skill is about .9macc... so yeah NQ wise would beat HQ elite by a little

Now I didn't physically do the mathematical research, but I'm fairly certain the consensus is that for Magic, 1skill is ALWAYS 1MagicACC. Unlike with Combat skills where after 200, 1Skill is 0.9ACC and 1ATK.

If you know for sure that isn't the case though, I'll shut my noise maker.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 02:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Now I didn't physically do the mathematical research, but I'm fairly certain the consensus is that for Magic, 1skill is ALWAYS 1MagicACC. Unlike with Combat skills where after 200, 1Skill is 0.9ACC and 1ATK. If you know for sure that isn't the case though, I'll shut my noise maker.

It's hard to really test a difference of .1macc really. So it is more assumed. Either way that still puts NQ wise as good as HQ elite (well better cause of the -emnity and +mp). Though elite does look cooler.
 Bahamut.Habs
Server: Bahamut
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 09:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-30 09:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that fastcast really helps you land your enfeebles...
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-10-30 09:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

also helps you when you're meleeing. dont ever forget that.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-10-30 09:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

right i treat fast cast from rdm like sorc ring latent from blm
i start in af+1 hat/relic body etc and end in enf skill gear or whatever i happen to be casting

i dont get the recast timers but i still get the speedy casts
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-30 09:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
so you intend to wear these hats instead of your af with fastcast?epic fail

i hope your not intending to wear errants body as well?

That statement makes no sense, you are advocating a Stats item for the head slot (instead of skill). Yet you mock them by suggesting they are so stupid that they would choose to use a Stats body (instead of skill).

Any way idiots aside...

Wise and Elite are basically the same thing, skill = m.acc. Both are exceptable options until you get D.chap.

AF head can be used as an enfeebling head, but only when you are sure you will land it (I used to use it in city dynamis).
 Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 09:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 09:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
so you intend to wear these hats instead of your af with fastcast?epic fail i hope your not intending to wear errants body as well?

Your just being silly now. 1 If I really needed to enfeeble I'm probably putting on my relic hat. *** your fast cast I'll take refresh and 15skill. And if the mob isn't too resistant yes I am enfeebleing in errant body for ones that potency matters! Also for nuking.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-30 09:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

oh wow, your biggest concern about errant is negative VIT, and you've been and EG rdm for 4 years. How the *** has your shell not kicked you yet?
[+]
 Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 09:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 09:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Aleya
Server: Fairy
user: aleckzia
By Fairy.Aleya 2009-10-30 09:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Bahamut.Habs said:
so you intend to wear these hats instead of your af with fastcast?epic fail i hope your not intending to wear errants body as well?
That statement makes no sense, you are advocating a Stats item for the head slot (instead of skill). Yet you mock them by suggesting they are so stupid that they would choose to use a Stats body (instead of skill). Any way idiots aside... Wise and Elite are basically the same thing, skill = m.acc. Both are exceptable options until you get D.chap. AF head can be used as an enfeebling head, but only when you are sure you will land it (I used to use it in city dynamis).

yes i mock them.fastcast can be replaced how exacally?so you think either hat is better than fastcast af hat?
and the int/mnd on the errants comes at a cost,negative vit etc...
theres no gear that is more useful than af hat body legs.
as for calling me an idiot...ive been 75 rdm eg for 4 years.how long you been doin the job?i see the other rdms dead wearing errants yet i live...hmmm i must be doing something right?

So you been doin it wrong for 4 years.... damn
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-30 09:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I think OP got his answer, this thread should be locked, no-one is that stupid, so you must be a troll.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 09:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
yes i mock them.fastcast can be replaced how exacally?so you think either hat is better than fastcast af hat? and the int/mnd on the errants comes at a cost,negative vit etc... theres no gear that is more useful than af hat body legs. as for calling me an idiot...ive been 75 rdm eg for 4 years.how long you been doin the job?

dammit blazza beat me too it but
Odin.Blazza said:
oh wow, your biggest concern about errant is negative VIT, and you've been and EG rdm for 4 years. How the *** has your shell not kicked you yet?

For that matter af legs important? Sure ok when your casting phalanx only. Other wise I see you pull those out and I am laughing at you so hard calling you a full af n00b probably till you change you quit or get kicked out of said shell. Body is only needed for landing debuffs. You should be buffing in goliard or relic body and healing/nuking in errant. If it para/slow/blind if you can afford the loss of skill you should use errant.

For hats you really shouldn't enfeeble in af even af+1. However buff nuke even heal sure.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 09:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
your a fool,you cant take a hit in errants moron.and kick me lol,ive been #1 rdm in every eg shell ive been in.

I'm sorry I didn't realize you were tanking as a rdm in your endgame shell. Nvm go put on your full haste/fastcast/PDT sets
 Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 09:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scarmiglione
user: afranko22
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2009-10-30 09:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
yes i mock them.fastcast can be replaced how exacally?so you think either hat is better than fastcast af hat? and the int/mnd on the errants comes at a cost,negative vit etc... theres no gear that is more useful than af hat body legs.

I guess some of 'them' like wearing AF at 75 all the time just to look good. Legs are a part time situational piece for stoneskin, anything past that is almost waste. Not even Whitemagic enfeebles(Slow, Paralyze) because errant/mahatma legs have more MND. If you are enfeebling anything advanced(READ: NOT CAMPAIGN) it is better to put anything other than fastcast there, whether it is M. ACC., INT or MND(with appropriate magic), skill or something beneficial to the spell other than fastcast. Same with AF hat, it is situational, like casting refresh and haste and lowering the recast timers. What does the minimal INT from hat do for an enfeeble other than lower the recast time that elite beret or wise cap don't?

Bahamut.Habs said:
as for calling me an idiot...ive been 75 rdm eg for 4 years.how long you been doin the job?

You are an idiot. I have been playing RDM for 6. Go play something outside of campaign(lolRDMmelee) for a bit, you will be surprised at how much skill and other stats help.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-30 09:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Bahamut.Habs said:
That statement makes no sense, you are advocating a Stats item for the head slot (instead of skill). Yet you mock them by suggesting they are so stupid that they would choose to use a Stats body (instead of skill). Any way idiots aside... Wise and Elite are basically the same thing, skill = m.acc. Both are exceptable options until you get D.chap. AF head can be used as an enfeebling head, but only when you are sure you will land it (I used to use it in city dynamis).

yes i mock them.fastcast can be replaced how exacally?so you think either hat is better than fastcast af hat?
and the int/mnd on the errants comes at a cost,negative vit etc...
theres no gear that is more useful than af hat body legs.
as for calling me an idiot...ive been 75 rdm eg for 4 years.how long you been doin the job?i see the other rdms dead wearing errants yet i live...hmmm i must be doing something right?

Fastcast doesn't need replacing.

Land your enfeeble or GTFO.

If that means your recast is a few seconds longer then so be it.

If you can still land the enfeeble with AF hat then more power to you (like I said AF hat is enough in city dynamis if you have a solid set).

As for -VIT... I'm sure you believe Koenig is the best PLD gear right?

With the amount of attack any worthwhile mob has in this game they will all ready be capping pDIF and fSTR against you (as a mage) so it doesn't matter what you wear. The only thing that will help is a solid PDT build.
[+]
 Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 09:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 09:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
wrong how exacally?my feebs stick hard,i die little cuz i dont wear errants.and when i nuke they land.yet other rdms wearing errants take a hit and die.so doing it right is taking a dirt nap i assume?
idc what gear your wearing,if i see you in errants i consider you a shitty rdm

Doing it right is not getting hit moron. And guess what some mobs pretty much need 330+ skill to land enfeebles.

If I see anyone nuke in af body or legs or enfeeble in af I consider you a shitty mage or super lazy
 Ramuh.Scarmiglione
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2009-10-30 09:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP: go with whatever you like more. Macro it so you only see it a few seconds when you cast, most of which will be blinking character. Neither of them look as nice as AF hat, maybe if you time the macros right it will just be one big blink back to AF hat.
 Ramuh.Scarmiglione
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2009-10-30 09:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
oh o pullin some hate here it seems.put it this way,i wear what i feel i need. and yes even rdms that heal alot or feeb pull hate retard.i guess youve never seen a nm come your way after you toss a feeb at it?? idc what gear your wearing,if i see you in errants i consider you a shitty rdm.

You pull hate from 1 enfeeble? Oh, I guess it is the AF you are wearing that adds EMN+50 huh? Put on some errant and stoneskin yourself better so you arent a 1-shot AF RDM.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8