Forum » FFXI » General » A Guide to FFXI - The Journey of CyberLogic
A Guide to FFXI - The Journey of CyberLogic
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-10-01 07:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have decided to play through the game again for the first time since I started playing nearly 20 years ago. There are several guides out there at this time in written form but figured I would make one for those who prefer video guides. Below I will keep a repository for the Episodes for easy access for those that aren't aware of my YouTube Channel. Hope people find these helpful.

E1 The Journey Begins -
YouTube Video Placeholder

E2 To Trust...or not to trust -
https://youtu.be/yb7nKhepAHM

E3 San d' Oria Rank 1 -
https://youtu.be/xZ758AHu9-Q

E4 Subjob Quest -
https://youtu.be/w_-LGA78gQU

E5 Time to get Moving -
https://youtu.be/24cREwB2fTo

E6 The Journey Abroad -
https://youtu.be/PLIBnwiAxvI

E7 Job Selection -
https://youtu.be/wuA4eDaFDi8

E8 Job Setup -
https://youtu.be/LmxH6Q1Kwzs

E9 Delkfutt Tower -
https://youtu.be/ks2I2VssuMw
[+]
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-10-01 11:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should rename the guide stones "Logical" in Jeuno
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-10-18 20:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

New episode out in the series covering CoP Chapter 1 and 2, the first Limit Break quest and levels 40-55. Have a great week all.

[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2021-10-21 08:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

"Sell all your crystals to the Npc"

wait what? lol

They would have less than 100g, and crystals sell for 1000-5000g a stack. yeah it will take a few hours but takes 30 secs to list them while you do everything else.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-10-30 08:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
"Sell all your crystals to the Npc"

wait what? lol

They would have less than 100g, and crystals sell for 1000-5000g a stack. yeah it will take a few hours but takes 30 secs to list them while you do everything else.

Probably due to me being on less populated servers but I rarely have AH slots just to throw up 1-5k Items. I normally am trying to sell more expensive stuff in those 7 ah slots then a stack of wind crystals for 2k, even in my early game play. I normally just don't bother with small amounts such as this as I feel it detracts from my enjoyment of the game but if you enjoy getting the most value for the items you get to drop you can spend lots of time trying to get the value out of all the stuff you get early game in addition to crystals. bee chips, bat wings, etc...
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-10-30 08:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

New Episode out covering Artifact Equipment, the Second Limit Break Quest and the Rank 4 Mission. Have a great week all!

[+]
By zixxer 2021-10-31 02:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep up the good work. This is an excellent resource to new or even returning players. God knows we need more good content creators for FFXI.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-31 09:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pity you're not running vanilla for this. I mean... do you really need all of those plugins for basic LV1-75 missions, quests, and leveling? I just know SE won't endorse or approve of anything not vanilla. Not that they are going to ban or anything. It would just be nice, if you're going to put this much effort into this, that it be less tool/script/addon assisted.

My two cents though. Not that it matters. Carry on.
By SimonSes 2021-10-31 09:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Pity you're not running vanilla for this. I mean... do you really need all of those plugins for basic LV1-75 missions, quests, and leveling? I just know SE won't endorse or approve of anything not vanilla. Not that they are going to ban or anything. It would just be nice, if you're going to put this much effort into this, that it be less tool/script/addon assisted.

I think I left similar comment on that. Also SE might not ban you because of video, but you might have JP brigade mass report you when they see this. Seriously it's what demotivates me from making more FFXI video (even when I use way less UI addons).
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-10-31 09:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What plugin's are you referring to? I'm not using gearswap or anything that does anything. The only things I'm using are stuff that gives more information such as timers and DPS Meters. Figured it would be useful for people to understand how things like DPS changed as you progressed through the game. For instance in early play your trust do far more damage then you. The timers I figure helped people realize just how long recast timers are when your not using stuff like haste equipment and such.

So to be clear, no I don't need any of those to do that stuff as this early in the game they don't really help. I just figured some of that information would be useful to viewers.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-10-31 10:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »

What plugin's are you referring to? I'm not using gearswap or anything that does anything. The only things I'm using are stuff that gives more information such as timers and DPS Meters. Figured it would be useful for people to understand how things like DPS changed as you progressed through the game. For instance in early play your trust do far more damage then you. The timers I figure helped people realize just how long recast timers are when your not using stuff like haste equipment and such.

So to be clear, no I don't need any of those to do that stuff as this early in the game they don't really help. I just figured some of that information would be useful to viewers.

It doesnt matter. GS is even less important than all UI addons you use. JP brigade and purists will attack you anyway if they notice you and visible addons are the worsts for them, because.. they are visible lol. Its like red cape for a bull. Also SE wont accept content creator with ANY addons. I know your nickname is Logical, but logic has no use here really. You are either vanilla or you are cheater for many players/SE. There is no grey area.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-10-31 11:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Phoenix.Logical said: »

It doesnt matter. GS is even less important than all UI addons you use. JP brigade and purists will attack you anyway if they notice you and visible addons are the worsts for them, because.. they are visible lol. Its like red cape for a bull. Also SE wont accept content creator with ANY addons. I know your nickname is Logical, but logic has no use here really. You are either vanilla or you are cheater for many players/SE. There is no grey area.

Understood. Unfortunate but I do hear what your saying. Sadly at this point with the hundreds of video's on my channel I don't really see a point in me starting to do no addon/plugin vids as I'm pretty sure all my previous content would disqualify me for consideration for any kind of content creator affiliation anyway. Shame as all I'm trying to do is give people as much information as possible. Thx for your thoughts gentlemen.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-31 13:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The dichotomy is that while JP players strongly dislike content with add-ons or any third party tools, most NA players cannot stand the look of that grainy, old and outdated UI they call vanilla. Guys like Xolla and Lute who are JP can get away with it because their community prefers the game in it's natural state, but many English speaking players absolutely despise the look and feel of vanilla. I imagine any newer NA players who saw that same outdated vanilla look wouldn't be too motivated to pick up the game and play.

SE should just get with the times and release their own updated UI, like they had planned to do a long time ago and just never did it.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-10-31 16:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally can't stand the vanilla look. While there is something to be said about authentic and original (I typically dislike over the top .dat swaps these days) the UI is just terrible. The worst is those JP channels have the games at literal toaster graphic settings, its like they want it that way for some reason.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-31 16:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a lot more JP players played on PS2s and PS2s had to have ***-huge resolution to be able to show up on non-HD tube TVs at the time. It's what they are used to, I guess. Personally, I don't think vanilla looks that bad except for draw-distance being crap. The menus of this game have always been bad so I'm just used to them now.
By axetofall 2021-10-31 16:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares if he uses add ons? Half the XI videos on YouTube have add ons. Is the OP trying to get sponsored by Square Enix or something? If not I don't see why it matters.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-31 17:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-31 17:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a reasonable observation to make, but it's a pointless one as well. SE isn't going to promote or endorse any content creators for this game, vanilla or otherwise. They put out a couple of clueless chicks as "community reps" to show some of the most boring aspects of the game. That should tell you how much they care about promoting this. They probably wish it would die off.

When people in the community put out content for ffxi, it's more or less a labor of love and a grassroots effort to reach people rather than trying to appeal to the company to promote them. In fact, I can't remember any individual instance where SE has endorsed or supported content creation for FFXI from players. They barely have a social media presence.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-11-10 07:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

New Episode is out covering The Shadow Lord and Limit Break 3.

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-01-21 18:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

New Episode is out covering Treasures of Aht Urhgan and Limit Break 70 and 75.

[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-01-21 23:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I personally can't stand the vanilla look. While there is something to be said about authentic and original (I typically dislike over the top .dat swaps these days) the UI is just terrible. The worst is those JP channels have the games at literal toaster graphic settings, its like they want it that way for some reason.
After all those years playing FFXI on an XB360 there’s absolutely no way I would ever go back to playing w/o Windower & HD mods. Idk why ppl do yet I see their uploads all the time not looking very PC like.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-01-23 08:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I know your nickname is Logical, but logic has no use here really. You are either vanilla or you are cheater for many players/SE. There is no grey area.

That probably applies to a good chunk but not everyone, me included.

There are some clear QoL addons such as a minimap for example. I don't have to keep going to my menu and looking at where I'm going all the time. Hell, even GS for the most part does what many did with macros or extended macros back in those days.

I think it's when you get to those addons that start executing things for you or allowing you to see things you are not supposed to see, etc is where people have problems.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-01-23 09:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
I know your nickname is Logical, but logic has no use here really. You are either vanilla or you are cheater for many players/SE. There is no grey area.

That probably applies to a good chunk but not everyone, me included.

There are some clear QoL addons such as a minimap for example. I don't have to keep going to my menu and looking at where I'm going all the time. Hell, even GS for the most part does what many did with macros or extended macros back in those days.

I think it's when you get to those addons that start executing things for you or allowing you to see things you are not supposed to see, etc is where people have problems.

Aye I agree. Which is why I refuse to use any addons that do anything for me or execute anything for me. Even my gearswap I designed myself to just swap gear as all the others out there did so much other stuff automatically that I didn't want going on such as changing me to gear based on certain situations or reacting to things in the game. I want to make those decisions based on the situation.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-01-23 11:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You are either vanilla or you are cheater for many players/SE. There is no grey area.
Youre literally then playing a PS2 version of a game on PC rather than the drastically improved, via the player base itself, PC rendition that’s looks like & plays like an actual PCMR game.

We ourselves MADE this game PLAYABLE. The idea that such a select segment of the actual Player Base would choose to aim themselves against ourselves makes absolutely NO SENSE whatsoever.

SE took forever to COPY everything that Windower gave everyone many YEARS in advance like ShowTP and Timers for Icons & so forth. Why place a PS2 version of a PC game above the HQ version refusing to act like you are indeed the PCMR yourself while sticking your nose up against the gaming community?

After countless years of playing FFXI on XB360, been there done that Vanilla BS, I am on an actual PC now + uninterested in pretending I’m still on Console. Thank GOD Windower exists.

So when SE takes notice again & adds their own Minimap. Cool. Good Job but Ima stay rolling w/ the one currently available until SE decides to do anything if at all. EquipViewer is indeed just as useful as it looks as well.
By Mattelot 2022-01-23 13:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Never an easy discussion when talking about retail vs vanilla. So much discussion in WoW about retail vs vanilla so many said that nobody in their right minds would be dumb enough to want to go back to vanilla when we have all these modern QoL improvements. You also had several saying they loved the way vanilla played and classic was successful.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-03-19 13:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

New Episode is out in The Journey of CyberLogic. This time starting the Wings of the Goddess Expansion.

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-05-17 18:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

New Episode is out in The Journey of CyberLogic. This time taking on the Rise of the Zilart expansion as we approach the original end game content of FFXI. In the coming 2-3 episodes we will be taking on the Ark Angels and Gods of Sky!

[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-05-24 08:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Episode 16 has been released covering the conclusion of the Zilart expansion and the fights against the Ark Angels. In our next episode we take on the gods of sky with our Level 80 character!

[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-06-02 08:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We are finally taking on the gods of Sky while capped at Level 80! Next are HNM's and Dynamis before we move onto CoP's events.

[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-06-15 15:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Episode 18 is out with us starting the NM Hunt series by taking on some of the classic NM's. In this episode we take on King Arthro, Lord of Onzozo and Xolotl.

[+]
First Page 2