Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Windower Crashing after 8/11 update
Windower Crashing after 8/11 update
By dwyn 2021-08-11 14:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shut down all instances, logged in with all add-ons and plug-ins that I normally use running. No crash.

I will try shutting down and logging in a few more times over the course of the afternoon, will post if anything happens..

I ran the eval windower.ffxi.get_info() commmand, and no crash/nothing happened.

I ran the eval print(windower.ffxi.get_info().server) command and it returned 0 to the console.

EDIT: I also tried loading and unloading a number of random add-ons (AEcho, Gearswap, etc) and so far no crash either.

UPDATE: Have restarted any number of times now, still no crash. Kudos and thanks to you guys for addressing this and fixing it so fast!
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2021-08-11 15:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rubenator said: »
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said: »
It does not crash after enabling sound and entering that command. I followed up with the print(windower.ffxi.get_info().server) command and it prints 21.
Mkay, that's, pretty weird. We will be pushing out a bandaid for it soon and will be interested to know if it lets you put your sound settings back. I'll post again when its ready.
I tried again with sound disabled. It works fine so far and no longer crashes immediately after selecting character. Also the eval windower.ffxi.get_info() does not crash it. The command eval print(windower.ffxi.get_info().server) returns 0 now whereas it used to return 21.
By RRaynex 2021-08-12 17:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone experience issues logging in a guest 5th or 6th account ?

Every time I try to log in my 5th and even with no addons enabled I last 5-10 min before the crash. Only thing I can think of is it's because I log in as a guest.

Any one else having this issue?
 Lakshmi.Miang
Server: Lakshmi
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2021-08-12 18:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

RRaynex said: »
Anyone experience issues logging in a guest 5th or 6th account ?

Every time I try to log in my 5th and even with no addons enabled I last 5-10 min before the crash. Only thing I can think of is it's because I log in as a guest.

Any one else having this issue?

I was logged in with 6 chars for about 5 hours today, 5th and 6th were guest accounts but nothing crashed. I was using the non developer version of windower.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-08-12 22:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine crashed a few times!

It also does this odd thing where everything is black except my character, and I'm forced to relog. However this has been happening since I came back ><

As a side note - Miang I love your icon :)
 Siren.Deltafoxz
Server: Siren
user: aashafox
By Siren.Deltafoxz 2021-08-16 11:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Has this been resolved to where we can have those settings back in the .xml file and the game not crash?
 Asura.Tsm
Server: Asura
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-16 12:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i do not believe so