Forum » FFXI » General » what can i do to fix this
what can i do to fix this
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-18 20:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tryed on 2 chars now and same problem.

I use the homepoint and It let me move in to the downloading data window but it wont go passed there on my main or a mule. Now i am trying to log in to a 2second mule same account and it wont let me.

anyone have any idea cuss i cant get a hold of a gm now cuss i cant get in to the game.

I need ideas i want to get back in.

every time it crashs it says ffxi server timed out

Error code

ffxi-3001
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-05-18 20:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anytime this happens to me, I usually use my phone as a hotspot and log in while tethered.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-18 20:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i just did that and hopefully it fixed it but now going back to my main internet to see if that works.

cuss now i can get on my account and my main.

just hope the gms forgive me for getting crazy and contacting them twice once by call and once by ticket. i was freaking out
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-18 20:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was on my phone internet and i got my account to let me on my chars. now on my main home internet by cable i cant get in but was in doing apex cp mobs.

for like an hour or more with my ls before this.

anyone got any ideas
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-05-18 21:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Same issue here for me and my brother in different households in the same town.

Only fix is to use a VPN. At least all i can find.
 Asura.Nebohh
Server: Asura
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-18 22:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\TEMP folder (or root where the game's installed) and delete your character's folder in that TEMP folder.

This should fix your issue.
By RadialArcana 2021-05-19 02:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait 24 hours and it should clear itself.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55652/error-3001-and-0011#3560635
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-19 05:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nebohh said: »
Go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\TEMP folder (or root where the game's installed) and delete your character's folder in that TEMP folder.

really?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-19 05:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

now its saying error 4001.

what do these errors mean
 Asura.Nebohh
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-19 07:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »

really?
It should. Prior I was rebooting my modem and router. That didn't always fix the issue. But removing the cached data for my char did which was outlined above. If you're still having the issue, it could be something network related.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-19 09:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

really?
It should. Prior I was rebooting my modem and router. That didn't always fix the issue. But removing the cached data for my char did which was outlined above. If you're still having the issue, it could be something network related.
I wonder what chould be wrong in there should i try a reinstall cuss i called my ISP they sent a new signal and it worked fine for 2 hours after that.

so what do you gather from that?
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-05-19 13:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

really?

Tried this approach and no dice. Seems to me that Thorny's explanation that SE is blocking your IP on a certain character is true.

I have 3 characters with a mule on two of those. On one account (with no mule) it logs in fine. The other 2, the main character get blocked, but the mules work.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-05-19 13:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastest way to fix it is to change your IP address, log in, change zones, then you should be fine. I do this by just tethering my PC to my phone's hotspot for a few minutes to log in and move.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-19 14:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Fastest way to fix it is to change your IP address, log in, change zones, then you should be fine. I do this by just tethering my PC to my phone's hotspot for a few minutes to log in and move.
problem is in my case its not just 1 zone its anytime i try to zone when i am not on a VPN.

and SE is no help tracking down if its on there side there.

can you tell me if i delete this folder will it mess up the order of all my stuff?
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-19 18:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Can’t login at all right now :(
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-05-19 22:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have this issue on occasion. Have someone log onto your character and zone it to a different area. Works for me every time.
 Asura.Nebohh
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-19 23:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I have this issue on occasion. Have someone log onto your character and zone it to a different area. Works for me every time.
I had this done too but it doesn't fix the issue all the time.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-28 18:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I had this done too but it doesn't fix the issue all the time.
only thing i ever found that fixed the problem all togather was a VPN. try to use one in your home country somewhere so the system wont think your trying to hack your own account
By Felgarr 2021-05-28 21:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

really?

DO NOT DO THIS. You'll delete your markers/macros/etc. Instead, use a VPN and log in to your character. This will change your external IP from SE's perspective, and let you proceed after "Downloading Data..".

Hope this helps.
 Asura.Nebohh
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-29 03:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

No it doesn't. I just did it. Everything is there for me when I relogged back in. This just clears the temp data. Anyhow, the issue seems to have been resolved from what I hear. I could be wrong but a few people I know that were having the issue are ok now (without a VPN).