Equipviewer - Now Included In Windower's Launcher.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Equipviewer - now included in Windower's launcher.
Equipviewer - now included in Windower's launcher.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-19 07:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It is still funny to me that even after all of these years, windower still does more than vanilla. They have to see these addons people make. Probably easier to just look a blind eye.
By Thunderjet 2021-04-19 09:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daiiawn said: »
I've been having issues with this, particulally with icon extraction. A lot of the time I either get like a dark grey slab for a icon, or nothing at all like below (sword and legs, pld odys gear)

As well as the new odys gear, ive had it happen with lillith/cait gear and ambu weapons.

The only thing I can think of is that obe of the hd dat mods I have is causing this? But not sure why it would then only impact some gear.

I know its sometging environmental as tge same items are extracted fine on friends machines, but Im not sure where to start with it (currently have just reverted to old version)

IS THERE ANYWAY we can do that ui without bs lua's just enable it on windower and than Drag the macros or something
By RadialArcana 2021-04-19 10:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

As well as the new odys gear, ive had it happen with lillith/cait gear and ambu weapons.

The only thing I can think of is that obe of the hd dat mods I have is causing this? But not sure why it would then only impact some gear.

I know its sometging environmental as tge same items are extracted fine on friends machines, but Im not sure where to start with it (currently have just reverted to old version)

It won't be a HD mod, the mods of armors only change textures of the armor itself. Not the icon files.

Are you sure it works for other people, it seems that the only ones it's not showing are new items added in the past few months.

Is it possible you have FFXI installed twice and it's checking the old install location that has old files?
[+]
By GwenStacy 2021-04-19 10:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been having issues with this, particulally with icon extraction. A lot of the time I either get like a dark grey slab for a icon, or nothing at all like below (sword and legs, pld odys gear)

What is that chat UI you have??
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-04-19 11:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

GwenStacy said: »

This one.
[+]
 Asura.Daiiawn
user: daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2021-04-19 11:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
GwenStacy said: »

This one.

Yeah thats the one
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2021-04-19 12:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it extract the same bad icon repeatedly if you delete the file? Sakpata's sword would be named "21637" - try removing that file.
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2021-04-19 12:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

It won't be a HD mod, the mods of armors only change textures of the armor itself. Not the icon files.

Are you sure it works for other people, it seems that the only ones it's not showing are new items added in the past few months.

Is it possible you have FFXI installed twice and it's checking the old install location that has old files?

You might be on to something there, I do have a couple of installations. Task manager process tells me that the one that is running when I am in game matches the path that the plugin was using (checked that last night), but looking at it more closely one of the ffxi dll files was pointed to the other location in registry. Just updated to ensure all the dll files are pointing at the right copy and now the game is asking me to do an update, so running that through now and will see what happens
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2021-04-19 12:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Radec said: »

Does it extract the same bad icon repeatedly if you delete the file? Sakpata's sword would be named "21637" - try removing that file.

Yeah removing it just replaces it with the bad icon again
 Asura.Daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2021-04-19 13:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

Yeah that was the issue! Updates so all dlls were looking at the same instance, ran updates and now working! Thankyou, much appreciated :D
[+]
By TyRobot 2021-05-14 02:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Garzyan said: »
EDIT...
fixed it, the file pathing on my machine use \ but i saw one of my ls friends was using / so i just flipped all of those around and it worked

This was the final piece of the puzzle to get the directory corrected for EquipViewer.
VIP
By Lili 2021-05-16 12:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Equipviewer has just been updated to be able to automatically detect where FFXI is installed, so the game_path command, while still present, should be no longer necessary for most people. Enjoy.
[+]
By kerith7537 2021-05-26 16:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using this for a while now, and occasionally the default position gets reset to 500 500, rather than my custom position (1775 525). I have tried setting the settings.xml to be read only, but this prevents the addon from loading properly.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
By Rubenator 2021-05-26 16:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

kerith7537 said: »
I've been using this for a while now, and occasionally the default position gets reset to 500 500, rather than my custom position (1775 525). I have tried setting the settings.xml to be read only, but this prevents the addon from loading properly.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I will double check that there's not an issue with logoug/login causing that but, if you multibox you're probably just running into the multibox settings bug. Unload the addon on all characters. Then load it on one. position it, and then unload the addon, then go to the next character and repeat till all characters have it positioned, and then load it up on all of them. Will prevent settings from clobering eachother.
By kerith7537 2021-05-26 17:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Rubenator said: »

I will double check that there's not an issue with logoug/login causing that but, if you multibox you're probably just running into the multibox settings bug. Unload the addon on all characters. Then load it on one. position it, and then unload the addon, then go to the next character and repeat till all characters have it positioned, and then load it up on all of them. Will prevent settings from clobering eachother.

Usually single box only, though I did multibox during the login campaign, however this issue predates that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Ranor
Server: Bismarck
user: Krylon
By Bismarck.Ranor 2021-08-07 20:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an Ashita port for this version yet :/
[+]
 Sylph.Takutu
Server: Sylph
user: Tickooo
By Sylph.Takutu 2021-08-08 00:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ranor said: »

Ashita has a plugin version located at: https://github.com/ProjectTako/ffxi-addons/tree/master/equipviewer

Just put the EquipViewer.dll in your Ashita/plugins folder and do /load equipviewer in game. Commands are listed on that page.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-08 07:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ranor said: »

Will likely never be one for V3 because nobody is writing anything for V3. Tako's version is unstable, barely functional, and accesses hard drive constantly for no real reason.

That said, it's a pretty simple concept and a functional version comparable to current windower one will be available for V4.
[+]
By Krylon 2021-08-08 12:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I am currently running the Tako version. I was just wondering if this new version with auto updating icons was available. Have some nice white boxes showing up now that the new HTMB is out. XD