Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Issue with Gamepad
Issue with Gamepad
By Bible 2021-03-24 23:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m recently returning to the game and trying to setup my game pad.

I’m using a Scuf Vantage2 (PS4/PC). Utilizing DS4.

I had it working fine. All buttons mapped correctly. Aside from camera. It wasn’t inverted. So I logged out, changed to inverted.

Now my confirm button is mapped to Circle(should be Cross)
Cross is now Window options. Square is Cancel.

R2/L2 is camera pan left and right. Supposed to be Macro Palettes.

Option/Share is Macro Palettes.

I’ve reconfigured via FFXI Config menus. Restarted. Uninstalled. Used Windower, without windower...

I’m hopeful someone has experienced this and has a resolution.
[+]
 Bahamut.Orinthia
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Orinthia
By Bahamut.Orinthia 2021-03-25 00:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

When using the game's config program, the section that lets you remap keys, you need to hit one of the default key mapping buttons, I think there's 4 defaults. I forget which one but one of those lets it work with a ps4 controller, even over bluetooth. You hit one of those and then hit the test gamepad button to see if things are working. The defaults tend to leave a lot of things unmapped or dumb-mapped since some of those are for controllers without analogue sticks or limited buttons. Just keep trying options while also hitting those default mappings. I do remember getting it to work and have the buttons remapped to how I liked it, but it was mainly just to test it out since I already had an xbox one bt controller (they just work).

Could also try ds4windows, https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows , which can make the controller act like an xbox controller and probably have less issues. Sony/MS did make it a pain the *** to use the ds4 on windows for a long time and this was one of the ways to do it.
By Bible 2021-03-25 11:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I’m using DS4windows.

I’ll try the default controller settings. It’s just odd that they’ll all map correctly when testing in the XI Config but not in game...
 Bahamut.Orinthia
Server: Bahamut
user: Orinthia
By Bahamut.Orinthia 2021-03-25 12:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe run as admin and make sure it saves. Run the config a couple times, making sure it saves (remap and see if it saves, remap to something else and see if it remains, etc). Controller has to be on and paired before ffxi transitions from POL to game in order for controller to work, and it can sometimes not work if the device name or port used by the controller is different to when you ran the config. It's real finicky.

The time I had it working was with and without ds4windows, that took a few tries on itself and just plugging in also worked. How you run the game doesn't matter since windower and ashita do not mess with controller inputs though maybe there's registry being overwritten? I use ashita so not too sure how windower deals with it but there shouldn't be any real issue there.

You also said you use a scuf controller, which might have some differences from an original ps4 controller that could mess with things. Maybe scuf has a "pc mode" or specific pc drivers?
 Ragnarok.Jiing
Server: Ragnarok
user: F0urty2
By Ragnarok.Jiing 2021-03-25 12:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a cable plugged into a USB port on your pc to charge the controller you must activate the bt controller first and launch pol before plugging g the controller in to charge.
If you plug it 8n before launching pol you will get these results.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-03-25 16:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have xinput on?
Da4 emulates an xbox 360 controller so I would assume you need xinput checked
By Jetackuu 2021-03-25 19:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

dualshock4 is a directinput controller