Legit Props for Gaol Rewards
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Seun 2021-02-11 01:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Seun said: »
FFXI sucks as long as BLMBLU sucks.
fixed that for ya.

To be fair, most BLU suck because they're bad at the job, myself included. I still don't see why you'd make the case for BLU getting the short end of the stick compared to BLM relating to Odyssey gear.

I don't consider BLU my main, but I easily play it more than any other job. It dominates the 98% of the game that isn't 'endgame' or doesn't require me to farm on THF. Nobody should feel bad for me that I have to alter my play style to cover the other 2%.

Go back to your chair and take your violin with you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-02-11 04:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been keeping up too closely with recent WAR gear... but with this new Gaol armor, did augmented Tatenashi +1 stuff become irrelevant for WAR already?
By SimonSes 2021-02-11 04:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I haven't been keeping up too closely with recent WAR gear... but with this new Gaol armor, did augmented Tatenashi +1 stuff become irrelevant for WAR already?

Tatenashi should still be good for non hybrid TP set. That being said... I would just wear Hybrid all the time and forget about few% dps difference.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-02-11 06:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Too lazy to check the sheets, but seems like this set gives DRK access to a MNK-tier hybrid set, likely with much more attack and dps, and their superior set of abilities.

ItemSet 378044

(74 sb here, if you wanted the full 75 you could use another earring or swap waist/back to Sarissapho. Belt + haste aug.. or give up odnowa and use tengu-no-hane+assuage earring).. no reason war couldn't do the same but drk has so many goodies
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-03-14 19:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Too lazy to check the sheets, but seems like this set gives DRK access to a MNK-tier hybrid set, likely with much more attack and dps, and their superior set of abilities.

ItemSet 378044

(74 sb here, if you wanted the full 75 you could use another earring or swap waist/back to Sarissapho. Belt + haste aug.. or give up odnowa and use tengu-no-hane+assuage earring).. no reason war couldn't do the same but drk has so many goodies
Subtle blow I caps at 50. To get subtle blow to 75 you need subtle Blow II (things like moonbow belt, sherida etc), so you are still feeding double the TP of a monk with those.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-14 19:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
Subtle blow I caps at 50. To get subtle blow to 75 you need subtle Blow II (things like moonbow belt, sherida etc), so you are still feeding double the TP of a monk with those.
I thought this was implied, but you would use a path B father time when aiming for subtle blow on DRK.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-03-14 20:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »

ItemSet 378044

Subtle blow II+25 is on all path B Dynamis D weapons which is what they are using here.
By Ruaumoko 2021-03-14 21:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 378044

Fallen Sollerets +3 also give +15% Subtle Blow during Last Resort, freeing up your ammo slot for the Coiste/Knobkierrie and one of your ring slots for Niqmaddu.
By Masunasu 2021-03-14 21:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Fallen Sollerets +3 also give +15% Subtle Blow during Last Resort, freeing up your ammo slot for the Coiste/Knobkierrie and one of your ring slots for Niqmaddu.

I feel giving up 66MEVA and 6DT goes against the spirit of the set.
[+]
By Wyrmnax 2021-03-15 21:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Tatenashi is still better DPS (A few more attacks, more sTP, more Accuracy).

BUT.... you are giving up a crapload of dt and meva..... So it is better as long as you are not getting hit or enfeebled....

I mainly switch to full sakpata on anything that does damage back, does AoE enfeebles or is low lv / debuffed enough for the damage limit to matter. So very little is actually left.
By zixxer 2021-03-15 23:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyrmnax said: »

Tatenashi is still better DPS (A few more attacks, more sTP, more Accuracy).

BUT.... you are giving up a crapload of dt and meva..... So it is better as long as you are not getting hit or enfeebled....

I mainly switch to full sakpata on anything that does damage back, does AoE enfeebles or is low lv / debuffed enough for the damage limit to matter. So very little is actually left.

With the right build with 2/4 Tatenashi, it's just pure seks. You got 2k tp before the upheaval animation is over. But in C farms, if it's a PUG, I keep an eye on tank and whm. If the tank can't hold hate and just there to gather the mobs for the brd to sleep then I gotta full time Sakpata. But it's obvious a dead dps means no dps.

tl:dr= Tatenashi is seks
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-16 07:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

The set was made assuming SB+8 from the sakpata feet augment. Turns out it goes to rank 20 and is +10, so you actually only get 5 SB from the fallen sollerets +3. As noted before, it goes against the point of the set anyway(m.eva is a very much all or nothing stat in most meaningful content).

Nice additional note, with the possibility of rank 20, it will cap as is.
By SimonSes 2021-03-16 09:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
You got 2k tp before the upheaval animation is over.

You shouldn't wait till animation is over to WS again if you are getting TP that fast. You can WS before Animation is over.
[+]
By zixxer 2021-03-16 09:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
zixxer said: »
You got 2k tp before the upheaval animation is over.

You shouldn't wait till animation is over to WS again if you are getting TP that fast. You can WS before Animation is over.

I didn't say to wait till the animation was over.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
By Slowforever 2021-06-06 18:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no issues with what the title states but lets be real, this game has way to many 1 day lockouts. How do you get into a rhythm with a group of players when the content is 1 day lockout 30 minute duration. Ofc most groups are doing 5-10 other content based things so you develop it throughout.. but still, why so much 1 day lockout stuff :(
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-06 19:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

To make sure you keep subbed and logging in daily. That's why. It's effective.

However they really shot themselves in the foot with the amplifiers and failing to fix the glitches.
By Chimerawizard 2021-06-06 20:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

daily login is probably given extra weight at their internal meetings than active time playing. Think that's a common metric to look for in mobile games to see if they're doing well.
[+]
By Slowforever 2021-06-06 20:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

good incentive for players considering their lives and life goals, makes me want to quit video games, such a waste these games are
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-06 20:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowforever said: »
good incentive for players considering their lives and life goals, makes me want to quit video games, such a waste these games are

Not for nothing, you are indeed correct.

The piece of missing information is that an MMO targets people incapable of arriving at that conclusion and preys upon it.
By Shichishito 2021-06-06 22:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
To make sure you keep subbed and logging in daily. That's why. It's effective.
its bad game design and it's questionable how effective it's going to be midterm. slowforever isn't the only one who doesn't like this direction.

imho a voidestone type system where you accumulate entry KIs in set intervals is much more player friendly. it allows to focus on something else for a while without missing out while also ensuring that "elites" will not rambo thru the content within 3 weeks. if your game is too weak to keep people interested and you must force subs with artificial incentives you could for example stop KI accumulation while character IDs are inactive.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-06 22:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's low effort high reward.

For every one person who quits another person 18 boxes. Kind of irrelevant. They're not thinking 2030, they're thinking 2022.
By Shichishito 2021-06-06 22:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For every one person who quits another person 18 boxes.
thats a tad hyperbolic there. by the way, stuff like odyssey isn't even 100% in favor of hardcore 18 boxers as iirc 6 players is max so you'd have to run 3 times a day, same for omen. it caters even less to ppl with lots of mules.

as much as they incentives mules and multiboxing, SE is most likely more interested in 18 individual players than a single multiboxer for multiple reasons.
By Draylo 2021-06-06 23:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's low effort high reward.

For every one person who quits another person 18 boxes. Kind of irrelevant. They're not thinking 2030, they're thinking 2022.

When the new expansion comes out of course
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-06-06 23:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't let you go in whenever because it ends up like Delve in the Adoulin days where everyone gets everything in a matter of weeks and then unsubs because there's nothing left to do. It's a time gate to stop the hardcore 24/7 players from smashing content in to oblivion.

You want to know what's worse? A 60 hour lockout for Dynamis-D. That's the most ridiculous restriction in endgame, but if it were any lower then there wouldn't be any kind of market for shards or anything because the Auction House would be flooded.
By Gambits 2021-06-07 01:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Daily lockout can die in a fire, players are much more prone to burning out from being forced to log in every day non-stop in a monthly based game, this is so stupid, they could have EASILY made the daily lockout behave in a weekly manner instead, e.g. saving up to 7 Moglophones, this will keep the EXACT same rate of doing the content as of now but allowing much...much more breathing room for players to consume the content in a humane way..and allowing better flexibility to do other contents as well.

They will do it eventually, and sell you this as a new QoL change! and people will praise SE for it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-06-07 01:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gambits said: »
Daily lockout can die in a fire, players are much more prone to burning out from being forced to log in every day non-stop in a monthly based game, this is so stupid, they could have EASILY made the daily lockout behave in a weekly manner instead, e.g. saving up to 7 Moglophones, this will keep the EXACT same rate of doing the content as of now but allowing much...much more breathing room for players to consume the content in a humane way..and allowing better flexibility to do other contents as well.

They will do it eventually, and sell you this as a new QoL change! and people will praise SE for it.

You mean like the time they filled us with up with situational augmented gear you can't store or send and then sell us two wardrobes as a quality of life update? Sounds like good business.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-06-07 01:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind this content is not instanced. It's literally just two duplicate actual zone areas, if 2 groups are doing this constantly then nobody else can do it till you're done. The entire point of the 20 hour lockout is to stagger peoples entry and to lower congestion.

You don't have to do it every day, you are just forcing yourself to do it every day. Do it a few times a week if you want, it will take longer but it's more "humane!"

I dunno why people are complaining about lockouts, ffxi has always had lockouts on content. If anything they are being too generous, daily access on top tier gear? Even limbus locked content to twice a week. "They are trying to make you play longer?" NO!! REALLY? WOOOOW! Almost like that's the entire point of an mmorpg or something. MMORPGs are grindy games that are created to make you spend mass amounts of time in them.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-07 01:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The point the majority of people are making is that you would still have the lockout system if they allowed Moglophone KIs to store to a certain degree. It doesn't have to be infinite like Voidwatch or Abyssea, a small amount like Omen would be more than enough.

Same lockout system, but you could manage a static group much better that way.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-07 05:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Keep in mind this content is not instanced. It's literally just two duplicate actual zone areas, if 2 groups are doing this constantly then nobody else can do it till you're done. The entire point of the 20 hour lockout is to stagger peoples entry and to lower congestion.

It's not a 'true' instance in the sense that it can be dynamically generated up to the hardware capacity of the servicing machine, but nothing in FFXI is. Each zone can still service at least 3-4 groups at a time though, it's the same style as delve and SR. They just duplicated the zone to double the capacity without altering their server code.