Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » 2021-2022 WHM Hopes & Expectations
2021-2022 WHM Hopes & Expectations
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-11-30 20:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So, what are people hoping get to get for WHM next year? Personally for me, I'd love to see WHM melee healing a DD party become more of a realistic thing.

We have a lot of the tools to make it work between Misery, Esuna, Cura, and Mystic Boon. Not to mention we have enough good physical and magical WS's to be versatile with buffs for almost any kind of DD party.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-30 22:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure VII
By Aerison 2020-11-30 22:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Cure VII
Why?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-11-30 22:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure VII
For what lol? We don't even use Cure VI.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-11-30 22:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Holyga
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-30 22:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Reraise V.

...what?
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-11-30 22:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

not a new thread for every single job
[+]
By Aricomfy 2020-11-30 23:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just delete Afflatus Misery, the Cura spell line, Esuna, Martyr and Animus Misery merit point categories. Replace them with literally anything else. We already have an "oh sh**!" cure spell called Full Cure which I'd wager nobody ever uses either, we don't exactly need another weaker one on a 10 minute recast. If you're ever using Martyr, it'd probably be accidentally, or if you were actually aware it still even existed, then most likely while low on MP and right afterwards, you'd sublimation or convert, which Full Cure is then just flat out the better option in that case anyway.

Replace that stuff with things that will help out enhancing magic potency/duration or magic evasion.

Esuna is massive missed potential. While it's a great spell on paper, having to have the ailment yourself for it to work is sort of ehhhh..? Imagine using Esuna without that restriction, taking off 2-5 ailments in one spell off of everybody. With how many fights that just drown the entire party in ailments these days, this would be a godsend. It would single handedly make Afflatus Misery worth using, but having to get silenced or paralyzed yourself first in order to use it throughout the whole fight could just end up being the death of the entire party.

Honestly, WHM is in a pretty good spot. It has been for years now, barely anything has changed gameplay wise for it in forever, hell even gear wise. People still can completely get away with delve era healing sets. We really just need Empy +3 at this point to achieve peak performance.
[+]
 Asura.Aessk
user: Hobbes423
By Asura.Aessk 2020-12-01 02:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Reposga
Repose II
Reposga... II
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-12-01 02:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeris
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2020-12-01 06:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Better melee gear please, lol!

Outside of that, don't think there is too much to say. WHM still remains a foundation in many groups even though the core of it hasn't changed very much. Not too much to say about it without destroying it's identity or making it overpowered.

Aricomfy said: »
Just delete Afflatus Misery, the Cura spell line, Esuna,

Heavily disagree with this. Misery, Esuna, and Cura represent fight knowledge and awareness - something that WHMs need healthy out of to perform optimally. Being able to understand whem to stay in range of ailments and stay out of ailments and knowing how to handle them is part of the job.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-12-01 07:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I definitely wouldn't complain if Esuna just worked like it does under Misery but we didn't have to get hit by the enfeebles ourselves, but we know that's not going to happen. Misery+Esuna+Cura as it stands right now are useful, just niche. They're even more useful if you don't have a Yagrush yet, but they're also still helpful in certain Ambu months where it's okay for the WHM to stand on top of the bodies. I almost never bother with Sacrifice+Esuna, but I do bother with them separately at least occasionally.

I never use Martyr though, the range on that needs to be increased at the very least for me even consider it. I've merited the thing for the hell of it and I still have never used it lol. Really, though, WHM doesn't need or really even want anything at at the moment, we're already so much stronger at our role than any competition that there isn't really anything they need to do...

But, obligatory Bardarkra/Barlightra pls comment.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gennss
Server: Phoenix
user: gennss
By Phoenix.Gennss 2020-12-01 08:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Second the +barLight/Dark and ReposeGA
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-12-01 09:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Cure VII
For what lol? We don't even use Cure IV except in emergencies.
ftfy
But for reals, can we replace Fullcure with... anything that's actually worth casting in the slightest?

I'd even settle for Barlightra and Bardarkra being the 1200 gift spells...
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-01 09:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Good fix. I would have to agree with the addition of Barlightra and Bardarkra, as well.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-12-01 09:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

"settle"

Ha!
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-12-01 11:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope for a pet that can share half of the Whm's work. It's like the busiest job in FFXI.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-12-01 11:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
"settle"

Ha!
Well it would mean blocking barlight/darkra behind 1200 JP grind... which is excessive for a pair of spells that should have existed in the base game.
Hence "settling".
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-01 11:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
I hope for a pet that can share half of the Whm's work. It's like the busiest job in FFXI.
I wouldn’t quite say that. Yes, some fights can get pretty busy. Some fights can get pretty brain dead though. Keep like 1-2 debuffs off the party and wait for them to take damage.

Especially if you have a RDM with you for Haste II.
By Rive016 2020-12-01 16:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I 2nd the barlight/Dark.. WHM should really get a way to remove amnesia/Kaustra(like the only time I use fullcure) etc we should be able to remove things others cant.

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Heavily disagree with this. Misery, Esuna, and Cura represent fight knowledge and awareness -
as for this, I have to disagree... when you 1)have to be in range and 2) everyone has a yagrush these days and switching to misery then esuna I would have already had the debuffs off.. I cannot recall a time where esuna would honestly get them off faster which warranted me to stay in range and out of solace for cureskin. Knowing the fight means knowing what moves do what ailments and when you see that move you should be casting the na spell especially since we can aoe erase X2 debuffs now.

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I wouldn’t quite say that. Yes, some fights can get pretty busy. Some fights can get pretty brain dead though. Keep like 1-2 debuffs off the party and wait for them to take damage.

Especially if you have a RDM with you for Haste II.
fights can get busy, but ppl need to learn to pull their weight if you don't have a RDM or capping haste with a BRD the GEO can enf/haste to help out... though most geos just stand there and think they are epic because they have idris.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2020-12-01 17:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I am also in agreement with the Bardarkra/lightra comments too. Would be nice to have.

Rive016 said: »
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Heavily disagree with this. Misery, Esuna, and Cura represent fight knowledge and awareness -
as for this, I have to disagree... when you 1)have to be in range and 2) everyone has a yagrush these days and switching to misery then esuna I would have already had the debuffs off.. I cannot recall a time where esuna would honestly get them off faster which warranted me to stay in range and out of solace for cureskin. Knowing the fight means knowing what moves do what ailments and when you see that move you should be casting the na spell especially since we can aoe erase X2 debuffs now.

If you're going into a fight with the intent to use Esuna and Cura, you're going into it with Misery already active and making the swap to Solace when needed - not the other way around so swapping Afflatus is not a concern in that regard.

Also, if we're going to argue about having a cleric's torque +1, cleric's wand exists as well. Why remove 2 effects with Erase when you can take 4 debuffs with Esuna (Five if you have Asclepius) - essentially making you remove everything in one cast when you may need two casts with Erase+1. Current Intense Ambuscade comes to mind where you would need a Erasga, Poisona, AND Viruna to remove all the effects of Miasma (Slow, Poison, and Plague). Or you're trying to play whack a mole in trying to get -HP down off Lilth's Petaline Tempest and end up only getting the -MP or -TP with your Erase+1.

I would agree that Yagrush with Divine Caress is a great combination since status effect immunity is better than having to cure it. Just remember, pick the right tool for the right application.
By Aricomfy 2020-12-01 17:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I can agree that fights that give you poison, slow and plague is where Afflatus Misery definitely shines the most, or multiple attribute down debuffs. But for fights where you're also getting silenced and paralyzed, I'd take the Yagrush and being 20+ away approach. Just too risky.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-12-01 18:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah using esuna in this month's ambu was a lot of fun. But I can't be standing in there getting paralyzed and silenced; otherwise I'd use it for omen bosses and stuff too.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-12-01 19:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see the entire healing meta redone. Give some of white mage's healing advantages to scholar and red mage in exchange for the ability for us to have a more varied play style. Make Divine spells more powerful and give us some new toys, like make Auspice II, which gives SB2 or something. As it is now our job is a core job that is awful to play, and it's largely been relegated to bots.
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-12-01 20:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mjollnir cure potency replaced with cure potency II :P
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2020-12-01 20:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Aricomfy said: »
I can agree that fights that give you poison, slow and plague is where Afflatus Misery definitely shines the most, or multiple attribute down debuffs. But for fights where you're also getting silenced and paralyzed, I'd take the Yagrush and being 20+ away approach. Just too risky.

Yeah using esuna in this month's ambu was a lot of fun. But I can't be standing in there getting paralyzed and silenced; otherwise I'd use it for omen bosses and stuff too.

Oh yeah, don't use Misery + Esuna if it's not safe to use - just don't discount the possibility of using them either. It is a niche but potent tool that is available to all WHMs and should be used during appropriate fights.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-01 21:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, another thing I'd like to see added to the game is more pieces of gear with Cure +50. Imagine if Ebers Bliaud +3 had that on it? /drool
By DaneBlood 2020-12-08 17:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ProtectGA and ShellGA
Bar__Ga
not having to run up to rebuff entire party

an item that has 5% turning any single target enhancement spell into an -GA version

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By DaneBlood 2020-12-08 19:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you confusing _RA spells with _GA spells?
RA = RAdius based aka the work in a radius from you
GA = Ground Area Aka they cover a section of ground. (not you in the center)

That distinct naming scheme has been in the game for years ;)
First Page 2