2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Mamool Ambuscade V1
Mamool Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3
By tyalangan 2020-11-10 09:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It was suggested to change this to melee/ninja/original/etc. Mamool Ja but for uniformity with the other original ambuscades I thought it best to keep it "mobfamily/ambuscade/v1". That way if some of the other originals get a rework we can just change the new versions like "newchange/mobfamily/ambuscade v1". I can make adjustments to the title for a little bit, it seems, if there's enough people that think otherwise.

BG Ambuscade Archive:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ambuscade_Archive#Mamool_Ja

Old Thread:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51822/ambuscade-v1-january-2018/6/#3551136

Key Item Locations:
  • Bhaflau Thickets HP

Videos:
Ejinn 6 Box RUN DD VD 2019 https://youtu.be/vj4uZX4O-OU
Sironeko BLU Solo E 2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aekDyvk1P7g

Key Notes:

Strategies:
Bring NIN/COR/BLU with high crit rate sets, lower damage, low delay weapons with Rogue's Roll to force crits into breaking auras (Don't need all this crit help but just giving an idea). Pull, grab hate, force wyverns to spawn then sleep mobs. Focus PLD(stand behind)>DRG>MNK>BLM(keep away from mages)>Boss. For boss you could debuff before waking it then spam light/dark. As an example a capped magic blu or nin can solo dark/lights, RUN can solo Radiance, etc. If the aura is hard to distinguish continuously alternating dark/light can be a reliable strategy.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-10 10:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So, a few questions before deciding to skip this:

1. Do we need to kill all adds or just Mega?

2. If we kill asap adds without breaking aura, does that means the Mega will keep its -DT forever?

3. Can Megas aura also be removed by crits?
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-11-10 10:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
So, a few questions before deciding to skip this:

1. Do we need to kill all adds or just Mega?

2. If we kill asap adds without breaking aura, does that means the Mega will keep its -DT forever?

3. Can Megas aura also be removed by crits?

1. Makes sense to kill all adds then Mega Boss

2. Yes, and the aura should be taken down before killing the adds.

3. Once an add dies with the aura, it will be permanent on the mega boss.

4. No, you don't need to skip this month :)

Thief with Vajra worked pretty well for us tonight, hopefully tomorrow I can get round to posting the video! Good luck!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-10 10:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to kill the adds

Yes, super annoying for pug idiots on N who don't listen (not harder but dramatically slower. Which may translate to WHM running out of mp etc.

I don't think so, but not 100% certain

Just to clarify; the boss has DT regardless of his aura. removing add auras, lower that DT. His aura comes up when the wheel starts, over and over.
[+]
By Drorond 2020-11-10 10:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Something i noticed when doing Normal for weekly objective is that the boss hit like a truck while aura are up, like 600-1k melee dmg with hybrid set on.

Once i removed all the aura by procing adds and killing them, Boss was weaker, like 300 dmg per hit or less.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-10 10:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder in terms of mechanic what lead to heavy hits.

Some massive attack buff? Or some ignore defense/PDT trait?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-11-10 11:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just done a lot of testing on Ambuscade, however only on N.
Removing aura makes all enemies do less damage, adds included.
Any debuffs/magic damage on mega boss leads to bad stuff. I got hit for 2k in 50% DT with 3 shadows up.
On N the mega boss only seems to do Utsusemi: San once at 10%, I presume the frequency is upped the higher the difficulty.
Shadows recommended to tank mega boss while aura is up, whenever I used AAEV or August, they'd die rather quick. The only success I had with trusts was using AAHM.
All mobs are completely resistant to Bind, Gravity, Break. PLD and Wyverns cannot be slept.
Each aura removed on the adds seems to remove an estimated 15% DT from mega boss.
By Crossbones 2020-11-10 12:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure last time around you had to apply debuffs on the mb when he was asleep or he would do some gross ***.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-11-10 12:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you read the old thread all the mechanics have already been listed.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-11-10 12:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
I'm pretty sure last time around you had to apply debuffs on the mb when he was asleep or he would do some gross ***.

Quite the opposite. I was doing solo N runs and debuffed the crap out of the boss while he was asleep. I hit him to wake him up and he 1 shot me for 2k. I never used any debuffs next fight and he didn't do that move. Was never a threat at all really.
By malakef 2020-11-10 12:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That would say there has been a change because I 100% remember applying debuffs on this dude while he was asleep to negate that.
By Crossbones 2020-11-10 12:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I remember that too and I even read through the old posts and saw Katrina mentioned applying paralyze from whm or brd when he was asleep. Then again I smoke a lot of weed and everything blurs together so whatever. There's definitely some retaliatory ***revolving enfeebles.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-10 12:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You apply stuff while it's asleep because if you debuff it while awake it does that insane magic-counter
Quote:
Hemotoxin Wheel: Single Target ranged multi-hit TP move, deals heavy damage.

Autarch's counter move to magic, used on the player casting magic against it.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-11-10 12:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You apply stuff while it's asleep because if you debuff it while awake it does that insane magic-counter

I done that. As soon as it woke up it insta killed me. I recorded the fight and have footage of how it works. I done, Blind, Addle, Para, Slow, Distract, Dia while it was slept. As soon as I done dia and it woke up and died to the 1 shot.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-10 12:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I done that. As soon as it woke up it insta killed me. I recorded the fight and have footage of how it works. I done, Blind, Addle, Para, Slow, Distract, Dia while it was slept. As soon as I done dia and it woke up and died to the 1 shot.
It might have counted the Dia as the magic damage/debuff, but not the other stuff.

Since mobs cannot ready TP moves while asleep.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-11-10 12:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It might have counted the Dia as the magic damage/debuff, but not the other stuff.

Quite possible, next time I go do ambu I'll test all debuffs again but won't use dia.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-11-10 13:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

he does charm if you enfeeble mega boss, thats about all i remember
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-10 13:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dia, does damage and wakes him up, then he magic counters.

You'd have to give him stoneskin to be able to use dia, or mitigate the damage in some way, but I can't think of anything, even naked at level 1 dia would still do 1 damage.

It will only kill the caster... so you could use KoH, he only casts dia and then he'll die.
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-11-10 15:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated video guide on critical hit strategy!
Godspeed

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-11-10 19:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

did this with a THF as main DD and worked pretty well too, don't exclude jobs out of this just because they aren't meta anything that can self light/dark sc will work
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-10 19:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
did this with a THF as main DD and worked pretty well too, don't exclude jobs out of this just because they aren't meta anything that can self light/dark sc will work

It has always been a horrible practice to say "use nin/thf/etc to proc crits". Literally any job can do this, and a lot can use Mummu+2 set so nobody should be excluded. Ninja does work exceptionally well due to Migawari, though.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-10 19:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it have to be the specific sc's on the adds on vd? Like specifically distortion, gravitation etc? Or can it just be light or dark?
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-11-10 20:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My usual monthly Ambuscade Video. Solo and Party strategies discussed as well as two battle examples given of Solo strats on Easy. Have a good month all.

[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-11-10 21:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Datsik said: »
Godspeed

You can actually debuff the boss (using stuff like frailty etc) while he's asleep with no counter.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-11-10 22:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does flash count as a debuff for this guy?

Follow-up. On the mega boss, if he has a dark aura, you hit him with darkness?
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2020-11-11 04:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Skillchains on the adds must be hit clean for them to count towards breaking the aura. The same is not true on the mega boss when he begins spamming his elemental wheel.

We found that hitting 1-2 light and dark SC's during his elemental wheel spamming was required to break his aura.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-11-11 04:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja is excellent for this Ambuscade. It can do self-light and self-dark skillchains very easily and, in the worst-case scenario, Mijin Gakure is absorbed by Migawari.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2020-11-11 04:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Ninja is excellent for this Ambuscade. It can do self-light and self-dark skillchains very easily and, in the worst-case scenario, Mijin Gakure is absorbed by Migawari.

most fun iv ever had on nin
By Thunderjet 2020-11-11 04:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Asura.Datsik said: »
Godspeed

You can actually debuff the boss (using stuff like frailty etc) while he's asleep with no counter.

yes iv noticed that too, he is weak to nin enfeebs too, i think only attack down was getting resistant for me always enfeeble it when its asleep nin
[+]
First Page 2 3