Partial/invisible NPCs And Player Models-Windower?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Partial/invisible NPCs and player models-Windower?
Partial/invisible NPCs and player models-Windower?
By Brit 2020-10-12 12:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I have Windower4 installed with several addons including Dressup and DgVoodoo. I’m not sure what is causing this, but I am seeing several NPCs and players with some or most of their armor gone (for example, I will only see a pair of floating shorts where a character should be, or they will be totally invisible). Does anyone know which add on or setting might be causing this? I only noticed it after I got the previously mentioned ones as well as the HD textures. Thanks!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-12 12:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Brit said: »
I only noticed it after I got the previously mentioned ones as well as the HD textures.
I'm no tech guy, but that sounds like the problem itself.

I think you may not have your .dat in correctly, or the update messed them all up.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-12 12:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Should always use mods with Xipivot addon, never overwrite files.

If you just said one NPC had issues I would guess it's just some mistake in some mod you installed. If it's lots of different ones it's more likely you installed the mods in the wrong place.

Most likely going to have to re-install, file check won't fix incorrectly installed mods since it checks for corrupted files and mods in the wrong place are not corrupted.
By Brit 2020-10-13 19:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me clarify a little. This was happening before and after the update, so it isn’t specific to the latest update. I do have XIPivot running. I followed all of the instructions from the ‘Make FFXI Beautiful in 2020’ YouTube video. Let me specify, it happens randomly, I can zone out and back in and someone that was almost completely gone except for gloves floating in midair will be back 100% when I come back. The same texture will load or not load seemingly randomly. I am using an SSD (there was a theory from NextGames that maybe the textures aren’t loading before the zone loads).
By RadialArcana 2020-10-14 04:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That's an issue with DGVoodoo, I had the exact same problem ages ago. I think it's due to not setting enough ram or something.
By Brit 2020-10-14 05:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I’ll look into it!
By Brit 2020-10-14 12:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked my DGVoodoo settings. Under the DirectX tab, when I choose my path to the Playonline folder, the video card option is set to dgVoodoo Virtual 3D Accelerated Card, but the VRAM always defaults to 256 MB. When I set it to 2048 MB and apply and save, it is always set back at 256 MB when I open it back up. Could that be the issue? I always check to make sure it is set for the Playonline path when looking at this.
 Asura.Sutebe
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tebe
By Asura.Sutebe 2020-10-14 15:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

try running DGvoodoo as administrator, might be why your settings are not saving
By Brit 2020-10-14 18:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that did it! I ran it as administrator and it let me change the VRAM to 2048 MB and it saved and kept it. I ran around where the usual suspects were (zoned out and came back a couple of times) and no players or NPCs were missing any body parts. Thanks everyone for the comments!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [131 days between previous and next post]
By bombsdiggity 2021-02-22 13:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't run voodoo and had that issue with certain body pieces because of a dat mod.