Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Delve Trio boxing Questions
Delve Trio boxing Questions
By soralin 2020-08-05 17:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I need to sit down and grind my plasm to make Epeo, and Im trying to figure out what zone is ideal to run.

My 2 alts are a 900 skill geo and a pretty weak cor that I can use for rolls before fights.

My main has plenty of end game geared jobs. Thf, Dnc, Run, Pld, War, Smn are my strongest jobs I would say.

Which zone would you recommend I run, bonus points if it doesnt require me to get a Leaden Salute setup on my cor (I eventually want to get around to doing this but I would prefer a zone I can just crush through on my main with the supports... supporting)
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-08-05 17:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I do bird delve in like 10 mins with a geo (no idris but +2 neck) or brd (4song honor) mule on mnk along with trust...

Its rather simple with meva gear
By soralin 2020-08-05 18:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I do bird delve in like 10 mins with a geo (no idris but +2 neck) or brd (4song honor) mule on mnk along with trust...

Its rather simple with meva gear

Are there any specific strats to be aware of with mnk? What makes mnk ideal?

I have 5/5 malig gear and could finish up making an Meva set, however, I dont have any decent HTH weapon on monk nor any completed backpieces.

How would a Dancer or a Thief compare? I have Tauret and a very juicy skinflayer so for raw melee DPS, my dancer or thief would perform best.

Does monk bring something specific to the table for bird delve?

What trusts do you use?
 Asura.Zidaner
Server: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-08-05 18:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Run with DNC as your main DPS. Any buffs you bring are just icing on the cake.
 Asura.Somera
Server: Asura
By Asura.Somera 2020-08-05 18:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Kamihr as the yggrete was cheapest. Don't really need a specific job, cor works great though because you can do physical/ranged/magic dmg all in 1 char for the 1 annoying boss in that run. Clear it in about 10 mins average.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-05 18:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Originally the easiest zone was yorcia with SAM. Nowaday he can do all of it with just few steps.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2020-08-05 18:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yorcia delve takes about 10~15 minutes with mnk brd geo, have your geo handle blinding the first NM and nuking water on the tree, but with dancer as your main DD you're probably better off doing bird delve since tree has huge piercing resist.

MNK is faster because it's one of the best DD jobs right now, but given how old delve is if your DNC is geared it's not going to be a huge difference.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-05 18:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the slashing has advantage in yorcia, thats why sam.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-08-05 18:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

For bird delve there's one NM with TP moves that will murder you if you do too much of one damage type(phys/magic). Monk's giant array of not giving mobs any TP ever means instead of potentially murdering you with a TP move, it does nothing instead.

All 3 T1 delves are kinda braindead easy. For T2s, Kamihr you need to worry about the all 3 damage type gimmick NM and I forget Yorcia but it's pretty easy too although not so piercing friendly slashing damage is best for tree
By Pantafernando 2020-08-05 18:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you mean Podarge?

I think our gear is strong enough to resist or survive it with no problem. I remember i zerged it like normal, its moves got chars to yellow but thats no problem.
By soralin 2020-08-05 18:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dnc is my best geared of the jobs yall are suggesting, I have ambu capes, Tauret, Malig gear, and a very solid skinflayer.

What delve then would be easiest for a dancer with supports? And any specific "gotchas" I have to watch for on it?
By Pantafernando 2020-08-05 18:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Then marjami for piercing bonus.
By soralin 2020-08-05 19:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What subjob would work best? /run for earth runs for Cailimh? Or just go /nin for shadows?

Will most fights just boil down to spamming Rudras and soloing dark skillchains, magic bursting, etc?

Edit: Also how much of a dealbreaker is the Silence on Hakawai? Can I just zerg my way through it with buffs as a dancer and ignore the mechanic entirely?
By Pantafernando 2020-08-05 19:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You gonna need some nukes to speed up Broxa, use all your tools against Podarge to kill it asap but that should be about it.

/RUN can provide some extra defense against Cailimh if you cant break its aura. I supose darkness can break the aura but i think its not garanteed, gonna have to try a couple of times for it to break.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-08-06 00:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

watch out for the water spikes on the apkallu, they get pretty strong at low HP, so you want to blast it from high hp