Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » AH Ranking
AH Ranking
By bombsdiggity 2020-08-04 10:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the deal with the rank system? Some people have it others don't. Also what's the criteria that determines rank?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-04 10:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It was an old system we used to have a long time ago that ranks players based on certain criteria.

Such as REMA, mission completion, job levels, etc.

When the SE Linkshell community went bye-bye, there was no real way to update the system honestly. As such, the ranking system went to the sideline.

So, all the ranks are people who were linked to the linkshell community up until it was deactivated.

There is really no real way to rank anyone anymore. It was an e-peen contest displayed here for lulz.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-04 10:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Because if it was fixed and updated today, everyone here would know that I rank #1 based on my sheer awesomeness!
By Mattelot 2020-08-04 12:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, what King said. None of the missions update anyway.
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Server: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-08-04 13:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Rooks had mentioned something about guildwork needing to be be rewritten to do all that good stuff, I'm not sure if he's currently working on it but it sounded like it was on the list of things to do.
By Shichishito 2020-08-04 13:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It was an e-peen contest displayed here for lulz.
as in the higher you rank the smaller the e-peen.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Server: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-08-04 13:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It was an e-peen contest displayed here for lulz.
as in the higher you rank the smaller the e-peen.

I thought it was the higher the rank the bigger the e-peen but smaller the r-peen

Edit: this was my 69th post, HHNNNNGG, everyone celebrate
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-08-04 13:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Soyven said: »
I think Rooks had mentioned something about guildwork needing to be be rewritten to do all that good stuff, I'm not sure if he's currently working on it but it sounded like it was on the list of things to do.
It's on the list and I've made progress, but I've also just started a new project at work so my free time is not what it was. Sorry.

To clarify: it's the GW client that needs rewritten, not GW itself, and even that is mostly a function of the current client not being maintainable due to reasons beyond the scope of this discussion.

Ragnarok.Soyven said: »
this was my 69th post
nice
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-04 15:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
It's on the list and I've made progress, but I've also just started a new project at work so my free time is not what it was. Sorry.

I seriously wouldn't worry about it. The time you take away from your real life obligations, compensated or not, for anything you do for this site should never bend to just help anyone with their e-peen.

Thank you for what you have already done and if the site functionality froze just as it was today and only was updated to add new items (isn't that where we are anyway?) then it would function fine for what is required of it.

The single-player "ranking" system is an outdated idea anyway since nearly everything can be solo'd and that which cannot be solo'd can be merc'd or botted. Also, several (I'd say many, but can't be sure of the number) top players can multi-box or dual-main and a single-player ranking system doesn't take that into consideration either.

I wouldn't want to lash out at anyone and call them a no-lifer as I can imagine some people take this game thuper-therious and are very proud of what they have accomplished, but on the other side of the coin is someone could have equal "rank", as determined by a point system on here, and have only been swiping their credit card.

I think Missions and Crafts are taken into account, but missions are trivial for 117+ and crafting simply takes throwing gil at AH and either botting skill ups or just taking a few days (?) to manually skill to 110 (mats on AH and gil permitting). Note/Edit: Fishing can't be taken to 110 in days due to the 200 fish per day cap. I'm a 110 fisherman. I should have caught that. (Yay! Fishing pun).

tl;dr = Rooks, don't bend over backwards to help anyone's e-peen. Honestly, I doubt you sweat it at all though.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-08-04 16:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Rooks said: »

I seriously wouldn't worry about it. The time you take away from your real life obligations, compensated or not, for anything you do for this site should never bend to just help anyone with their e-peen.

Thank you for what you have already done and if the site functionality froze just as it was today and only was updated to add new items (isn't that where we are anyway?) then it would function fine for what is required of it.

The single-player "ranking" system is an outdated idea anyway since nearly everything can be solo'd and that which cannot be solo'd can be merc'd or botted. Also, several (I'd say many, but can't be sure of the number) top players can multi-box or dual-main and a single-player ranking system doesn't take that into consideration either.

I wouldn't want to lash out at anyone and call them a no-lifer as I can imagine some people take this game thuper-therious and are very proud of what they have accomplished, but on the other side of the coin is someone could have equal "rank", as determined by a point system on here, and have only been swiping their credit card.

I think Missions and Crafts are taken into account, but missions are trivial for 117+ and crafting simply takes throwing gil at AH and either botting skill ups or just taking a few days (?) to manually skill to 110 (mats on AH and gil permitting). Note/Edit: Fishing can't be taken to 110 in days due to the 200 fish per day cap. I'm a 110 fisherman. I should have caught that. (Yay! Fishing pun).

tl;dr = Rooks, don't bend over backwards to help anyone's e-peen. Honestly, I doubt you sweat it at all though.

I don't think anyone read what you wrote. We just check your comments for the memes...
What did his comments make your peen feel just a little bit more inferior?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-04 16:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

People will fight with anyone about anything online. I'm shocked nobody called me a kiss-*** yet. In other news:

Another person's 69th post and yet another's 2,169th. Nice.

We just check your comments for the memes...

Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-08-04 17:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah just "wall of text" and sarcasm. Did my comment trigger you?
Lol nah, I just like talking ***to "rude ***, with no need to be rude" ***talkers.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-08-04 18:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
If I wasn't prioritizing all of that stuff over AH/GW, this place would look a whole lot different ;) XIVPro wouldn't be a superfund site at a minimum... But yeah, that's why I've never taken money for this gig; I don't want to feel obligated to where it interferes with my actual life. The only time it really intrudes now is if something is super broken (like SE changing the IP addr of Siren's AH server the other day) or someone is getting out of hand in the forums to the point where I start getting messages via multiple channels (email, discord, PMs, once I even got a text about it!).

Circling back, fixing the GW client is less about fixing rankings than it is "If the existing GW client broke for some reason we literally could not fix it". It's also something new for me to play with and learn from, which is a nice bonus.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-08-04 19:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're on an e-peen wishlist kick can we remove all the duped AG ochains/Aegises so I can better show off how I don't have a life?
By Felgarr 2020-08-04 21:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
If we're on an e-peen wishlist kick can we remove all the duped AG ochains/Aegises so I can better show off how I don't have a life?

*Laughs in legit AG Ochain* :)
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-08-04 21:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Asura.Arico said: »

*Laughs in legit AG Ochain* :)

Calm down #1
[+]