2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Superwarp / HP - Ambu - Bans
Superwarp / HP - Ambu - Bans
First Page 2 3
By Opasting 2020-07-19 06:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was surprised to see no thread about this since the recent suspended/bans on Friday, I assume was because of the fix they did on the HP to places you don't have via superwarp addon.

Backstory -> Myself and 2 other people got our chars suspended on Friday after the maintenance update. We still don't know why but have an idea it's related to the HP fix / superwarp addon and ambu.

TLDR: We each have 2 chars and we basically a strong enough setup to carry 1 char's mules through ambu VD using seals to get extra points to get more materials to use/sell. That one person that used his 2nd char to create mules and thus using superwarp to Mharua and getting ambu KI in Ra'kazar on his Lv 1 mules. Did this about 25+ times, deleted his mules and redid this.

Also heard from another LS member that when they joined an JP shout for ambu, the leader was doing this as well. So unsure if this was really widespread or just a few people.

Remember the sparks nerf? And people were theorizing that RMT would be just using mules to unload sparks/acc then deleting and creating again to repeat, obviously that's nothing against the rules, but to get sparks fast they would have to use superwarp addon to go to places where the "mains" were. So was this the reason why SE fixed this? No posts on this either?

So we all got suspended because of the 1 char doing HP addon and lumped everyone together because of the ambu rewards? I know other LS members have not been hit and almost everyone uses superwarp, so it's not in it by itself.

But, if you really had 15 other mules that did have access to Mharua and was able to go to areas which have KI (Like the Orc month, easily in starter areas) then, there wouldn't be any "cheating" invovled. So really don't understand why all 3 of us were hit. We each have our chars on separate SE accounts too.

Just wondering if anyone else has been hit.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-07-19 07:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't use Superwarp to move characters to a homepoint you do not have unlocked and you won't risk getting banned. This isn't rocket science.

I, for one, am glad SE is enforcing these suspensions. So happy they're finally putting a stop to it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-19 07:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about spark/accolades bots is that they always were blatantly using POS and flee hacks.

So you cant say its because of using HP warp they were banned.

Actually most likely they have no records of who were using this cheat.

During Dullas month i was rotating my mules just fine but we were killing dullas in sih gates as they had access. Hard work really pays off in a long run.

Yeah, i do read people saying when they ban RMT, they go toward related accounts (like mule that holds the cash duped). But it do sounds strange three people being banned because one is using an exploit.

But the thing is that we never gonna know "what else" you guys were using. I do know, personally, once you start falling in the rabbit hole, its unlikely to get out, but most likely to just keep sinking further and further as your perception of correctness is being stretched. For example youre already exploting HP warps, why wouldnt you use flee hacks, POS, heavy boting?
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-07-19 10:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Don't use Superwarp to move characters to a homepoint you do not have unlocked and you won't risk getting banned. This isn't rocket science.

You couldn't if you wanted to.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-07-19 10:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably got suspended because someone saw you and reported you for botting when they saw a level 1 (probably linkshell-less) mule with you.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-19 11:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No, this friday is a stream.

But, completely irrelevant to that, I don't know why people think it's strange bans go out. Someone gets popped every day, it just doesn't make a dent. I guess you only notice if you're the one that gets got.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-07-19 12:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Opasting said: »
TLDR: We each have 2 chars and we basically a strong enough setup to carry 1 char's mules through ambu VD using seals to get extra points to get more materials to use/sell. That one person that used his 2nd char to create mules and thus using superwarp to Mharua and getting ambu KI in Ra'kazar on his Lv 1 mules. Did this about 25+ times, deleted his mules and redid this.

Maybe I'm not reading this right, but don't you need a level 99 job to participate in Ambuscade? Is that a thing? I don't see how your "friend" "used his 2nd char to create mules and thus using superwarp to Mharua and getting ambu KI in Ra'kazar on his Lv 1 mules".

If he was using this cheat to get his fresh mules around the world to do level caps and get to 99 quickly then hell yeah he is just like a RMT doing the exact same cheat that I assume they must do to create fresh 99s right after their old ones get popped.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-19 12:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone can leech ambuscade at any level, there's no requirement.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-07-19 12:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill just jump in since I got hit at well. It wasn't a one day thing, and it is still happening as of yesterday. It also didn't have anything to with ambuscade.

I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, and expected perma. I was shocked to see a 72hr. It is just them monitoring, from what I can see, the same 2 things everyone is aware of and possibly home points, hard possibly; pos'ing speed being the other two.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-19 12:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

now you gonna need to start your 28th account?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-07-19 12:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
now you gonna need to start your 28th account?
Sorry I should have bolded the 72hr part for certain people. :D
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2020-07-19 13:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

Maybe I'm not reading this right, but don't you need a level 99 job to participate in Ambuscade? Is that a thing? I don't see how your "friend" "used his 2nd char to create mules and thus using superwarp to Mharua and getting ambu KI in Ra'kazar on his Lv 1 mules".

If he was using this cheat to get his fresh mules around the world to do level caps and get to 99 quickly then hell yeah he is just like a RMT doing the exact same cheat that I assume they must do to create fresh 99s right after their old ones get popped.
All you need to do to unlock the roe for ambu at lvl 1 is enter mhaura and talk to the rat and boom ready to get ki. Not so easy to do anymore since the superwarp fix but can still use taco and just wait the time you need to zone and can be done still just takes a couple mins more at least the first time
By geigei 2020-07-19 14:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile rmt's speed hack in ceizak 24/7
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-07-19 14:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Meanwhile rmt's speed hack in ceizak 24/7

Or that piece of ***on Bismarck that bots the AH from a mile away.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-07-19 14:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless if the character is able to participate in Ambuscade, it's not difficult to deduce that a level 1 character shouldn't be in Ra'Kaznar Inner Court. It might be possible to get to Inner Court and still be level 1, but we all know it's not likely and it's a huge red flag glaring anybody who witnesses it in the face. Especially considering the characters were probably MINUTES old.

This has very little to do with Superwarp or Homepoints. It is likely due to the very specific pattern of actions that were being taken. You said your friend made and deleted 25 mules, proceeded to use Superwarp on all of them, and then proceeded to be level 1 in Ra'Kaznar on characters that are hours old.

Come on guy, obviously SE is gonna look at that.
[+]
By geigei 2020-07-19 14:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
But why? if they have a quota to fill for bans, they could just go outside adoulin and pick a few random bst's, easy bans + they will return.

Banning a "legit" player means there's a high chance he won't be returning.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-07-19 15:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

But why? if they have a quota to fill for bans, they could just go outside adoulin and pick a few random bst's, easy bans + they will return.

I'm under the impression that they have a certain threshold of "tolerance" when it comes to legitimate players. If they didn't have a tolerance, everybody would get banned their first add-on outing and the population of the game would be reduced by like 75%. Obviously, they can't have that. But they also can't have dudes blatantly abusing something they shouldn't be abusing either. Making 25 mules rapid fire, warping them to the end zone of the Adoulin, swiping big ticket money items from ambu as a level 1 with 3 hours of playtime, and then deleting them in a systematic fashion is probably outside their range of tolerance. Same reason they banned people for the Aurix dupes. Some things are deemed egregious. I'm thinking OP's actions were deemed egregious as well.

The RMT and easy-target bots are almost an entirely separate issue and they get blanket banned every so often.
[+]
By Opasting 2020-07-19 15:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless if the character is able to participate in Ambuscade, it's not difficult to deduce that a level 1 character shouldn't be in Ra'Kaznar Inner Court. It might be possible to get to Inner Court and still be level 1, but we all know it's not likely and it's a huge red flag glaring anybody who witnesses it in the face. Especially considering the characters were probably MINUTES old.

This has very little to do with Superwarp or Homepoints. It is likely due to the very specific pattern of actions that were being taken. You said your friend made and deleted 25 mules, proceeded to use Superwarp on all of them, and then proceeded to be level 1 in Ra'Kaznar on characters that are hours old.

Yup that was the point, we 99% knew it was going to be flagged, hence my friend used his "2nd" account, which is on a different SE ID, which is same for all our chars. So it's basically 6 different SE ID's in this "ambu extravaganza".

So that one char doing the SW cheat, should be the only one getting banned/suspended. Why all other 5? What if a pickup group leader brought his mule char then invited 4 other people to do ambu (which was the case for that JP group a LS member joined) so now they are all subject to suspension?

That's what we're trying to figure out.

Also we're all prepared for this to happen, not going to wallow over or make a fuss, we all use 3rd party tools, just like everyone else. Windower/GS/addons. But what we stayed away from is Tako/movement speed/Easy Farm, stuff that gets automatically flagged by their so called automation detection.

If you want, could list out all addons and you'll see it's no more than regular windower addons and some other ones that aren't even close to TAKO or speedhack, I don't even know what addon is speedhack or GM Flag thing that people write about.

If we're getting hit because we took the rewards, then from that, all gilbuying people should got hit as well then.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-07-19 15:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Odin.Senaki said: »
Don't use Superwarp to move characters to a homepoint you do not have unlocked and you won't risk getting banned.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Opasting 2020-07-19 15:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, we're not permabanned, except for that mule that already had a mark, (hence why he used it), but probably not going to return, due to the logic SE uses. So yeah we're all using tools, like I said, (who uses just vanilla?) I maybe know of 2 people that actually does not even use windower but they are a special case.

So we're using same tools as others, and accept "trades" from this other char then we're all doing something wrong according to their "Botting/cheating" 2.2 or whatever on that email.

I don't really want to continue giving my $28x2 to them to play for a bit then restart the game again because SE logic. Not that I don't like the game, I like the people and some of the challenges but after all the REMA we've done, it's like meh, what else is there to do? R15 another? Make another mythic?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-07-19 15:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm under the impression that they have a certain threshold of "tolerance" when it comes to legitimate players. If they didn't have a tolerance, everybody would get banned their first add-on outing and the population of the game would be reduced by like 75%. Obviously, they can't have that. But they also can't have dudes blatantly abusing something they shouldn't be abusing either. Making 25 mules rapid fire, warping them to the end zone of the Adoulin, swiping big ticket money items from ambu as a level 1 with 3 hours of playtime, and then deleting them in a systematic fashion is probably outside their range of tolerance. Same reason they banned people for the Aurix dupes. Some things are deemed egregious. I'm thinking OP's actions were deemed egregious as well.

The RMT and easy-target bots are almost an entirely separate issue and they get blanket banned every so often.

Probably true, but I don't think it still had anything to do with ambuscade in itself; the being in a zone when you shouldn't I guess, but it was very sudden turn of events. That's been going on forever. There was plenty of people who I know that don't use many things other than POS/Flee; yes understanding full well the consequences, but that's all they got hit for. I had a new account that didn't do anything yet get hit also. I assume though in that instance they just hit on IP, so I couldn't be sure. I also know people who HAVE been guilty, but only lose 1 of 3 accounts. I think that's a lot of where the confusion is, the inconsistency on how the bans get executed.

SE Banned me for getting Shamash from Trove the same day! B***hes.
By Opasting 2020-07-19 15:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, so say I go make 25 mules and delete, then I do some party stuff with you, Omen, Dyna whatever, then give you random items for free, give you beastmen medals etc, give you my HP-bayld from Ambu. Should you get banned? What have you done since I was the one creating the mules and HPing them everywhere?

You guys keep forgetting it's 3 different players, 6 different SE ID's, only 1 account doing something "wrong"

Like I said before, I have a group in the LS that uses exact same addons, about 14 chars together, and none of them got hit. So now being in a party with a char that does TAKO will get you banned as well if you're trading stuff to them? Good job SE.
By Opasting 2020-07-19 15:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Ill just jump in since I got hit at well. It wasn't a one day thing, and it is still happening as of yesterday. It also didn't have anything to with ambuscade.

I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, and expected perma. I was shocked to see a 72hr. It is just them monitoring, from what I can see, the same 2 things everyone is aware of and possibly home points, hard possibly; pos'ing speed being the other two.

What do you mean still "happening" you have like 100 chars and they are slowly getting suspended? What?

Well now you can't even HP to other places since the fix? And we don't use TAKO or flee hack or whatever it's called.

So they are checking all people who used superwarp to go to places that they haven't? Oh nice, then almost my whole LS will get suspended, everyone uses SW, and many have been to places they don't have lol.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-07-19 15:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean still "happening" you have like 100 chars and they are slowly getting suspended? What?

Well now you can't even HP to other places since the fix? And we don't use TAKO or flee hack or whatever it's called.

So they are checking all people who used superwarp to go to places that they haven't? Oh nice, then almost my whole LS will get suspended, everyone uses SW, and many have been to places they don't have lol.

I have 10 accounts. My previous 10 got banned for the dupes, it happened, it's passed, it was expected. What I meant by "still happening", is my personal ban started the 14th, and I know of more confirmed bans since then all the way up until the 17th of anywhere from 15-20 accounts, all doing very different things, all on different days that they were banned. I'm not saying they shouldn't have got hit, just saying the consistency of how they pick and choose is all over the place; that's where I think a lot of people question "Wtf SE".
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-07-19 15:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, so say I go make 25 mules and delete, then I do some party stuff with you, Omen, Dyna whatever, then give you random items for free, give you beastmen medals etc, give you my HP-bayld from Ambu. Should you get banned? What have you done since I was the one creating the mules and HPing them everywhere?

You guys keep forgetting it's 3 different players, 6 different SE ID's, only 1 account doing something "wrong"

Like I said before, I have a group in the LS that uses exact same addons, about 14 chars together, and none of them got hit. So now being in a party with a char that does TAKO will get you banned as well if you're trading stuff to them? Good job SE.

Elidyr is on the right track when he says there is mega inconsistency when it comes to these bans.

I've had a character temp banned for doing the same exact things I do on my other two characters. I just don't think there is black and white rules to any of this, usually. The scenario you mentioned, with the new characters doing events of up to 18 people illustrates the fact that nobody knows where SE will draw the line. Because no, the innocent parties shouldn't be punished -- but at what point are they guilty of aiding and abetting? Set aside the fact that maybe countless other people have gotten away with it, it's just something that looks suspect if SE happened to cast a gaze at it. At least it does to me, anyway. Wouldn't you be like "hmm, what's goin' on here with rapid fire mule creation and deletion?"

Just my train of thought.
By Opasting 2020-07-19 15:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 10 accounts. My previous 10 got banned for the dupes, it happened, it's passed, it was expected. What I meant by "still happening", is my personal ban started the 14th, and I know of more confirmed bans since then all the way up until the 17th of anywhere from 15-20 accounts, all doing very different things, all on different days that they were banned. I'm not saying they shouldn't have got hit, just saying the consistency of how they pick and choose is all over the place; that's where I think a lot of people question "Wtf SE".

Consistency is why we're probably not going to resub after this. It's like even if you're not doing anything or doing something, it's hit or miss if you're going to get banned, so what's the point of playing? Might as well not play at all. I have discord to chat with people, don't need in game chat.

Who knows, the 2 people who are windowerless will get banned soon because they are in alliances with people who use gearswap? Roller? Singer? Anchor?

Again, what's the point of playing when your progress can be halted anytime for no reason. If they are banning for ANY 3rd party tools, lets go for 100% consistency and start banning with windower and gearswap.
VIP
By Lili 2020-07-19 15:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things people forget:
- bans aren't handed out at first infraction. GMs conduct investigations - whether they do so competently or not varies, but there's always a period of investigation
- people in charge of flagging/banning have access to IP records
- people in charge of flagging/banning have access to activity logs and chat logs

I do not believe for a single second that you never spoke about any of your shenanigans in LS chat even once. An "invite Newmulehhzzaa, it's the new char I just created" is all that it can take to permanently create a trail between two accounts that would have otherwise been treated separately.

On top of that, that was likely an account that most of the time was in the same party/zone as a handful of other accounts, and which was connected to always from the same geographical location. Se tries very hard to avoid "bans by association", but an account that a) always sits in party with the same one/two people b) is always connected to from the same geographical location c) always trades with the same one/two characters... is very clearly an alt, and thus gets treated accordingly.

EDIT: SE tries very hard to separate offenders to not ban "innocents", and have a pretty good track record to not perma-ban people who interacted with cheaters but didn't cheat themselves. They might get a temp ban or two tho, and get enough of those and they might turn into a perma - teaches you to choose better who you tag along with, I suppose. Also, "pretty good" does of course not mean perfect.

EDIT 2: what you're doing with this kind of reasoning
Quote:
Again, what's the point of playing when your progress can be halted anytime for no reason. If they are banning for ANY 3rd party tools, lets go for 100% consistency and start banning with windower and gearswap.
is just your attempt to de-responsabilize yourself for what happened: "it's not me who am a cheater, it's SE that treats us unfairly so we don't know which cheats are safe and which ones are not! They're clearly to blame!"
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-19 15:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, it's dirty items/money. If you're routinely getting free stuff from someone that might not be legit (or you know they're not legit under at least some circumstances), that pretty darned suspicious and puts you under possible fire as well.

There's a reason why people in real life can get busted for having counterfeit money or the like even if they didn't make it themselves if there were blatant warning signs that something might be seriously wrong and they ignored them. If someone robbed a bank and had the police on their ***, and so they came up to your door and just handed you $100,000 for free (to get rid of it) and you do nothing about it, you can certainly get arrested for it just because the situation is so damned suspicious that you should have known better and called the police.

How much SE cares and how much collateral damage there is isn't as consistent as it should be, but by knowingly playing with people that cheat there's always that risk.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-07-19 15:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
A few things people forget:
- bans aren't handed out at first infraction. GMs conduct investigations - whether they do so competently or not varies, but there's always a period of investigation
- people in charge of flagging/banning have access to IP records
- people in charge of flagging/banning have access to activity logs and chat logs

I do not believe for a single second that you never spoke about any of your shenanigans in LS chat even once. An "invite Newmulehhzzaa, it's the new char I just created" is all that it can take to permanently create a trail between two accounts that would have otherwise been treated separately.

On top of that, that was likely an account that most of the time was in the same party/zone as a handful of other accounts, and which was connected to always from the same geographical location. Se tries very hard to avoid "bans by association", but an account that a) always sits in party with the same one/two people b) is always connected to from the same geographical location c) always trades with the same one/two characters... is very clearly an alt, and thus gets treated accordingly.

Right, but I think why people question it is because, you don't even need to go through all that to easily spot accounts that are breaking those rules without an in depth investigation. I have my speed at +70 permanently, for years; yes I'm a bad person. Did it take them that long to investigate me? (Obviously not it was slight sarcasm)

There's just some infractions that don't even require all that. Ones that are blatantly obvious, some which in your point would require more inspection; craft exploit, trade exploit etc.
First Page 2 3