Full Clear Help!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Full clear help!
Full clear help!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-13 14:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks in advance!

We are attempting to morph our dynamis setups to be able to full clear vs. objective clearing. We have done it all, just not all at once.

sandy/basty weeks we BLU cleave and open the alliance to anything that needs RP/gil/etc...

jueno/windy weeks we use the setup below and farm waves 2/3

our typical setup which has been static is 12... we have 6 slots to play with.

tank tank brd whm geo rdm
rng cor cor brd geo whm

Do groups have success with a mixed alliance of physical and magical DPS? im worried about buffs

The goal is to bring returning players back up to speed and give them an alliance shot; but not everyone has the META setup.

All constructive opinions matter to me please. What setups work for you all?
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-07-14 00:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Since no one else has weighed in, I'll share my experiences. First couple of rounds of wave 3 clears my LS did we used a mixed setup- one magical WS party (all RNGs and CORs then, pre-RDM buff I guess), one physical WS party using various heavy DDs in those slots, and a tank/flex party featuring PUP to manage pulls. Next few rounds we used pure magical WS groups (COR/RNG/RDMs) and a tank/flex party.

Magical setups are easier if you have the people on those jobs geared reasonably well. You do not need bard swaps on wave 3 with this strategy. Hate is also not an issue. And you do not need three WHMs; in fact you get a benefit from bringing scholar healer to support rangers with Gastraphetes/Trueflight or Arma/Wildfire. In fact, you can do a magical strat with a single WHM in the tank party for Cureskin, and use SCHs or RDMs as healers in the DD parties.

On the other hand physical dps setups are more fun IMO but they demand more from support. They might be faster for certain parts of wave 3 full clears but you need bard swaps the entire time. I wouldn't do it without a white mage in each party. You also need hate control; it's possible for superbuffed DDs to rip hate off on geared RUNs and PLDs within a few big WS on wave 3 boss without Dirge, DRG main or /DRG, etc. DNC and BST are a big help here for additional debuffs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-07-14 01:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My linkshell full clears waves 2 and 3 twice a week using a melee setup. We have one tank party and two DD partys. The general setup is this

----------------
Tank Party

1 Paladin
1 Run
1 Whm
3 support slots which can have a variety of things from Red mage, geo, summoner, Black mage, scholar or what have you. The support's role is to be able to support not only the tank party but ideally have cross alliance utility.

The tank party is most critical on wave 3 pulls. We have our paladin tank DD Su5 mobs like samurais, thieves, dancers, warriors, etc while our Run tanks magic Su5's like ninjas, scholars, RDMs, Blms... etc. They generally alternate their pulls on the fetters as cooldowns allow.
-----------

Secondary DD Party

2 cors that are capable of one shotting statues as needed
1 geo
3 miscellaneous slots, which can be anything from dancer, bard, thief, ranger, red mage, beastmaster or some other form of miscellaneous DD or support. A white mage is not mandatory in this party and we almost never have one here (although some form of off healing is still required).

The most important thing this party brings to the table is magic damage to take down statues and a source of additional DD beyond the main DD party.

---------------
Primary DD party

3 Powerful DD
1 bard
1 cor
1 WHM

Not much to say other than this is the biggest source of damage. Standard DD setup that benefits from cross alliance buffs/debuffs too (bubbles, steps, etc)

We've gotten our coordination down pretty well and we can full clear all 4 zones with minimal hassle. Skip wave 1 and go straight to wave 2, and we leave roughly an hour to farm wave 3, aiming for 20 minutes to kill the final boss. Your success will vary depending on the quality of your people's gear and their familiarity with the event.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2020-07-14 01:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My group normally just does 2 physical damage pts and just goes for 1 physical and 1 magic DD pt when we can. Normally out pts are like this:
Tank Tank Whm Geo Geo Rdm
DD DD Cor Geo Brd Whm or Sch
DD DD Cor Geo Brd Whm or sch

If you want to do bard swaps all day go for it, but we normally only swap @ start of Wave 2 and 3 bosses. When were not swapping bards do HM/Mad/Mad/Minuet 5 (Minute 4 is up as well if were doing Wave 3 boss). Rdm covers Haste 2 on all the DDs and focuses on debuffs. We have the geos in the tank pt bubbles like frail/torpor/focus ect and Geos in DD pts do Fury/prec.

On average we normally have 10-20 minutes left even when we fill slots with random ppl
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-07-14 01:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the higher quality your people are the easier it is to clear wave 3. That's the main takeaway. The OP indicated that he's trying to get some people who are newer to the grindstone up to par, but once you know what you're doing and everyone understands the event things fall into place pretty quickly. A full melee burn setup is the most efficient way to go about clearing dynamis, just like pretty much all content in the game nowadays. No real surprise there when the gist of the event boils down to "kill a lot of trash mobs as fast as you possibly can".
By Galivar 2020-07-14 02:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the merc strats used on Asura revolves around having just 2 COR + 1 Crocea/Daybreak RDM for DD. SMN x1(Shock Squall), GEOx2, BRD for support and Tank + WHM if you need a WHM. One big factor is Aeolian Edge. With the right gears on your COR's + RDM, they can pump out 40k Aeolian Edge on Wave3 mobs. Pull a fetter group and Aeolian away! On MB, Seraph Blade can pump out 50-60k with right gears + bubbles and COR's do their thing with Leaden. When adds pop, you go back to Aeolian Cleave and mow adds down. This strat usually leaves 7-8 spots for mercs. Obviously you would need to be very geared to be able to pull off 2 COR + 1 RDM but it should be manageable with more people involved. This strat usually leaves around 20-30 min to spare at the end if everything goes according to plan.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-14 07:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all of the replies!

We ran again last night. wave 2/3 farm.

I think it's important to highlight/categorize the DPS as magical vs. physical.

I don't think melee vs. mage vs. ranged is a thing anymore. This is super important for support and mechanics

Last night was..

tankpt: pld nin geo cor whm rdm
dpspt1: rng cor cor geo brd sch
dpspt2: rng cor thf geo brd rdm

a couple of these folks needed clears so we adjusted tanks/support.

It worked very well. I think its the first time we've cleared aurix on the first pop in both wave1 and wave2.

Thank you for the responses. If we decide to take a non magical aproach for pt2, what DPS work well? And what are acceptable damage numbers?

for example.. i'm used to 75-99k trueflights @2k. What would an average/estimate WS/DPS range look like? The goal is to not judge a party based of what I haven't experienced.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-14 07:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Since no one else has weighed in, I'll share my experiences. First couple of rounds of wave 3 clears my LS did we used a mixed setup- one magical WS party (all RNGs and CORs then, pre-RDM buff I guess), one physical WS party using various heavy DDs in those slots, and a tank/flex party featuring PUP to manage pulls. Next few rounds we used pure magical WS groups (COR/RNG/RDMs) and a tank/flex party.

Magical setups are easier if you have the people on those jobs geared reasonably well. You do not need bard swaps on wave 3 with this strategy. Hate is also not an issue. And you do not need three WHMs; in fact you get a benefit from bringing scholar healer to support rangers with Gastraphetes/Trueflight or Arma/Wildfire. In fact, you can do a magical strat with a single WHM in the tank party for Cureskin, and use SCHs or RDMs as healers in the DD parties.

On the other hand physical dps setups are more fun IMO but they demand more from support. They might be faster for certain parts of wave 3 full clears but you need bard swaps the entire time. I wouldn't do it without a white mage in each party. You also need hate control; it's possible for superbuffed DDs to rip hate off on geared RUNs and PLDs within a few big WS on wave 3 boss without Dirge, DRG main or /DRG, etc. DNC and BST are a big help here for additional debuffs.

Thank you!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-14 07:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
My linkshell full clears waves 2 and 3 twice a week using a melee setup. We have one tank party and two DD partys. The general setup is this

----------------
Tank Party

1 Paladin
1 Run
1 Whm
3 support slots which can have a variety of things from Red mage, geo, summoner, Black mage, scholar or what have you. The support's role is to be able to support not only the tank party but ideally have cross alliance utility.

The tank party is most critical on wave 3 pulls. We have our paladin tank DD Su5 mobs like samurais, thieves, dancers, warriors, etc while our Run tanks magic Su5's like ninjas, scholars, RDMs, Blms... etc. They generally alternate their pulls on the fetters as cooldowns allow.
-----------

Secondary DD Party

2 cors that are capable of one shotting statues as needed
1 geo
3 miscellaneous slots, which can be anything from dancer, bard, thief, ranger, red mage, beastmaster or some other form of miscellaneous DD or support. A white mage is not mandatory in this party and we almost never have one here (although some form of off healing is still required).

The most important thing this party brings to the table is magic damage to take down statues and a source of additional DD beyond the main DD party.

---------------
Primary DD party

3 Powerful DD
1 bard
1 cor
1 WHM

Not much to say other than this is the biggest source of damage. Standard DD setup that benefits from cross alliance buffs/debuffs too (bubbles, steps, etc)

We've gotten our coordination down pretty well and we can full clear all 4 zones with minimal hassle. Skip wave 1 and go straight to wave 2, and we leave roughly an hour to farm wave 3, aiming for 20 minutes to kill the final boss. Your success will vary depending on the quality of your people's gear and their familiarity with the event.

What are your powerful DD? physical damage or magical damage?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-14 07:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Yeah, the higher quality your people are the easier it is to clear wave 3. That's the main takeaway. The OP indicated that he's trying to get some people who are newer to the grindstone up to par, but once you know what you're doing and everyone understands the event things fall into place pretty quickly. A full melee burn setup is the most efficient way to go about clearing dynamis, just like pretty much all content in the game nowadays. No real surprise there when the gist of the event boils down to "kill a lot of trash mobs as fast as you possibly can".

That is exactly what i'm trying to do.

We have a core group of 10 people that have every piece of gear/wep they would need. We farm wave2/3 jueno/windy because.... its easier.. sandy/basty we blu cleave and let people come w/e they want... and it rotates with the bonus week.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-07-14 08:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What are your powerful DD? physical damage or magical damage?

Physical. In my group it's usually a a certain exceptionally geared dark knight, my thief, and a third person who rotates based on attendance and who wants to bring what, with jobs ranging from dragoon, warrior, dark knight, samurai, monk... basically whoever has the best DD and can put up big numbers. Most groups would throw a thief or two in the secondary DD party or even the tank party if their gear is bad and you just want the treasure hunter. My thief is geared to a higher standard than most and I put out enough damage to warrant inclusion in the main DD party. Your own setup will vary based on how good your people are geared and what jobs they have that gear on.

All three of our main DD's put out around 9-12 million damage apiece each run, with 3 or 4 more people adding damage from the second party in the range of 3-7 million apiece depending on the night's setup. There's a lot of wiggle room here to swap people in and out on different jobs to get them RP. And if the corsairs are geared well enough they can match the main DD's in damage too because let's be honest here; leaden salute is kinda busted in dynamis. A great cor can easily put out 8-10 million damage (or more) in the magic party. It just depends on who has what jobs and how well geared those jobs are.

Quote:
We have a core group of 10 people that have every piece of gear/wep they would need. We farm wave2/3 jueno/windy because.... its easier.. sandy/basty we blu cleave and let people come w/e they want... and it rotates with the bonus week.

For what it's worth we don't alternate our setups any regardless of zone. We do often bring a red mage with blm sub for chain stun when we fight Halphatas in sandy though, and we usually kill him in around a minute or so. Having quality people on their jobs is the most important thing really. If your people are good you can roll over any zone with a standard setup.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-07-14 08:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
On the other hand physical dps setups are more fun IMO but they demand more from support. They might be faster for certain parts of wave 3 full clears but you need bard swaps the entire time.

We usually only bard swap for the wave 2 boss. The wave 3 bosses just have a boat load of HP, but are otherwise pretty easy to kill and we rarely bard swap even for them, although Sandoria's wave 3 boss is tankier than the other zones and he often gets an exception. If your people are good enough constant bard swaps should not be mandatory.
 Asura.Chanter
By Asura.Chanter 2020-07-14 12:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Galivar said: »
One of the merc strats used on Asura revolves around having just 2 COR + 1 Crocea/Daybreak RDM for DD. SMN x1(Shock Squall), GEOx2, BRD for support and Tank + WHM if you need a WHM. One big factor is Aeolian Edge. With the right gears on your COR's + RDM, they can pump out 40k Aeolian Edge on Wave3 mobs. Pull a fetter group and Aeolian away! On MB, Seraph Blade can pump out 50-60k with right gears + bubbles and COR's do their thing with Leaden. When adds pop, you go back to Aeolian Cleave and mow adds down. This strat usually leaves 7-8 spots for mercs. Obviously you would need to be very geared to be able to pull off 2 COR + 1 RDM but it should be manageable with more people involved. This strat usually leaves around 20-30 min to spare at the end if everything goes according to plan.

Would you Savage Blade the wave 2 boss with the cors and rdm or do magic?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [102 days between previous and next post]
By Hirameki 2020-10-24 16:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Galivar said: »

Questions for anyone familiar with this strategy.

I tested this out and didn't get good results. I had 2 cors, 2 rdms, BiS BRD, Idris GEO. Rolls Wizard,Warlock,SAM,and Tact. Songs were Honor, March, Madx2. GEO did Acumen + Malaise.

I was playing around on Wave 1 Dynamis Jeuno D, pulling green eyes. I hardly break 13K per aeolian edge, much the 40K you mentioned for wave 3. RDMs and CORs aeolian edge is near BiS, just missing orpheus belt (which I double make that much a different).

Anyone know what am I doing wrong? It's the wave 3 only that take extra aeolian edge damage or something?
By Shichishito 2020-10-24 19:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i think some zones take higher magic damage than others and the eye color of statues also plays a roll. also landing -mdef bubble on a full pull seems not feasible.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-10-24 19:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

at 13k I'd say your geo didn't have bubble hate on mobs.
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-10-24 20:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

cant speak for everyone but when doing that kind of strat, we usually would have a sch healer in the DD pt for weather buffs as well.