WTS : Gjallahorn IRL (3D Print)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WTS : Gjallahorn IRL (3D Print)
WTS : Gjallahorn IRL (3D Print)
By Drayco 2020-07-11 19:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's finally done. Man, life got super busy and prevented me from getting this out sooner. I wish I could offer this in all the colors, but I don't have the time to paint all these. Guess I should invest in a multi-material 3D printer so I can print multiple colors :^^

The sound module is complete, but I haven't received the sound boards yet. Those will be released at a later date with free shipping so people can add them in when they come out.

Link to Etsy store and Social Media pages

[+]
 Asura.Splendid
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2020-07-11 20:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I love love love this. What are the chances of making one that actually functions as a real instrument? (It probably would have to be a completely different material).
By Drayco 2020-07-11 20:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Splendid said: »
I love love love this. What are the chances of making one that actually functions as a real instrument? (It probably would have to be a completely different material).
Honestly, zero chance. I mean, I could design this to fit over top of a real instrument, but the design complexity of creating a woodwind instrument is far beyond me.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-07-13 06:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shameful bump is shameful.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-07-31 21:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys the sound modules are here! Check out this video for details!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-31 21:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dope. This is amazing, you did a great job.

Also, "gijallahorn". I rewinded to hear that pronunciation.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-07-31 21:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I pronounce it correctly or murder it? I honestly don't know.
By Aquatiq 2020-07-31 21:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yellerhorn
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-31 21:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Neat... gajillahorn is an interesting take on it to say the least

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Drayco 2020-07-31 21:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm dying over here! LOL

I never would have thought that's how'd you'd pronounce it. This is why I like games that don't have voice acted dialog. I've spent 17 years calling it the wrong thing lol
[+]
By Drayco 2020-08-01 07:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't help but laugh at all the PMs and comments across social media asking about the stuff on the wall.

I guess nobody watched until the end of the video lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-08-01 08:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

Please and thank you!

I mean go ahead and lock me in lol!

PS It looks amazing
[+]
 Asura.Aessk
user: Hobbes423
By Asura.Aessk 2020-08-01 08:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my horn a few days ago and it looks great! Also just ordered the sound module. I was just wondering what type of paint you used and did you sand it down first?

Keep up the awesome work! I'll be keeping an eye out for Death Penalty.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-08-01 08:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aessk said: »
I got my horn a few days ago and it looks great! Also just ordered the sound module. I was just wondering what type of paint you used and did you sand it down first?

Keep up the awesome work! I'll be keeping an eye out for Death Penalty.

I didn't sand anything on mine. You can get a smoother finish easily if you apply primer then sand with 150 grit for 2 coats before applying color. This will help fill in the layer lines a bit.

I used Krylon paints to finish mine. I used a white plastic primer and Gold Metallic. I used a White Glitter Shimmer paint for the white sections to give it a bit of effect. I wanted to find some mother of pearl vinyl to wrap it with, but I couldn't find any.
[+]
By DracoFox 2020-08-01 20:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I played too much Destiny to say it differently. Here's their version of Gjallarhorn.
 Asura.Kyleen
user: Garaku
By Asura.Kyleen 2020-08-01 23:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything you do is beautiful! I need me some Tupsimati in my life tho. @_@
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-02 00:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Drayco said: »
I can't help but laugh at all the PMs and comments across social media asking about the stuff on the wall.

I guess nobody watched until the end of the video lol

I'm not even into all that cosplay/props kinda stuff but im probably gonna buy that masamune just because that is hawt
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-02 00:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Real talk, measure that monster for shipping rates.

A package of a fullsize sword like that (over 48 inches) can run like $200 because it exceeds the dimensions.

(I know that it will break in two, just make sure the blade itself stays in a range where shipping doesn't become aids)
By Drayco 2020-08-02 07:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Real talk, measure that monster for shipping rates.

A package of a fullsize sword like that (over 48 inches) can run like $200 because it exceeds the dimensions.

(I know that it will break in two, just make sure the blade itself stays in a range where shipping doesn't become aids)
It actually breaks into 6 and will be shipped that way. The blade is 3 sections. Shipping won't be any more expensive than any other package I ship out.

Once the listing is all complete you'll see how it assembles easier. The blades interlock to each other and the blade has a secure fit into the hilt. The pommel slides over the grip. Then the 2 constructed pieces both have a cavity to accept a 1/2" wood dowel that will get glued and secure the entire sword.

Lots of the items I'm working on now are much larger and will require people to assemble them. I'm doing my best to make it as simple as possible. I actually assembled mine together with super glue instead of epoxy just to see how feasible that option was. I don't feel it's as strong as epoxy, but it's certainly strong enough.
[+]