Thinking About Returning, But...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Thinking about returning, but...
Thinking about returning, but...
 Asura.Aedh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Airrin
By Asura.Aedh 2020-06-30 23:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone, I was thinking about returning to the game but I'm worried about having a group to play with. Not necessarily endgame, just a group to socialize with and have fun with in the game. I stopped playing before because after transferring to this server, I didn't find a group to fall in with and kinda got bored of just soloing things occasionally. I'm not a particularly skilled or well-geared player, so maybe that's why. Of course, maybe I didn't reach out enough to groups to be noticed. Regardless, I guess my concern here would be: Are there any casual or casual-like linkshells currently recruiting? I would like to give a return a real shot and not just subscribe for a month to play two weeks and forget about it. Maybe I'm overthinking it, which I do a lot.

So tl;dr: scrub player lf linkshell to be carried*cough*, i mean, 'hang with' upon returning to game
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-01 00:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well....

If you just want a shell to hang out with, check with the linkshell NPC and pick up a random shell.

If you want a shell to do stuff with, you might want to /yell for one.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-07-01 01:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ronstadt is always looking for members in his LS. It's probably the best LS on the server.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-01 07:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aedh
By Asura.Aedh 2020-07-01 12:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well....

If you just want a shell to hang out with, check with the linkshell NPC and pick up a random shell.

If you want a shell to do stuff with, you might want to /yell for one.

I forgot the LS finding NPC was a thing, haha. But I guess my best option is probably shouting, and more importantly, putting in... effort ; ;... haha... That said, are there any LSes or players on this server that I should definitely reach out to or, conversely, that I should try to avoid? Players being inexperienced or new or whatever doesn't bother me at all, I mean we all have to start somewhere and I actually like helping people. I just don't wanna dive into a known drama shell or scam shell, and from your reaction to "Ronstadt" (and a quick google search), I get the feeling that's one I should avoid. Sorry if this is kicking the hornets nest or something, I don't intend to start an internet fight.

I guess to give context to my concern, I spent a very long time in my previous linkshell. Like pre-SoA long time and it was a really difficult decision to make when I finally decided to leave. The leader didn't seemed to care anymore, the events were a mess, everyone thought they were now "officers", most of the old members that I knew for a long time had already started leaving, and when you throw mandatory nightly 3-hour+ events (that aren't going smoothly and we are talking Friday night vagary clears becoming a problem) on top of the no longer fun and friendly atmosphere, the game became a "job" that I dreaded going to every night.

I guess in short, I didn't really have a concern so much as I needed to get that off my chest. I think I just miss my old group of friends that I used to play with and I was letting that nostalgia prevent me from enjoying the game with new people. I look forward to playing with you guys in the near future. Thanks for the help.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-01 12:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever you do, do not join rinstadts shell.

Personal req outside that. Play a game worth playing instead.
By Draylo 2020-07-01 12:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it's worth it
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aedh
By Asura.Aedh 2020-07-01 14:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Just resubscribe for 1 month, if it's not to your liking just D/C at the end of the month. As far as Linkshell goes, make your own. Make your own runs. Casual or casual-like, I know what you mean by this, so I highly recommend you make your own Linkshell. Just keep running the events you enjoy and always hand out pearls.

That's a really great idea! It would be nice to get to introduce new, returning, and insecure players to endgame content in a casual way that facilitates learning and camaraderie, or at the very least, equip them with the skills and confidence to take on greater challenges in PUGs or join a bigger linkshell.

As for the "being carried *cough*" I don't know. At least you're being honest lol

Honesty is the best policy!
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-01 16:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aedh said: »
Just resubscribe for 1 month, if it's not to your liking just D/C at the end of the month. As far as Linkshell goes, make your own. Make your own runs. Casual or casual-like, I know what you mean by this, so I highly recommend you make your own Linkshell. Just keep running the events you enjoy and always hand out pearls.

That's a really great idea! It would be nice to get to introduce new, returning, and insecure players to endgame content in a casual way that facilitates learning and camaraderie, or at the very least, equip them with the skills and confidence to take on greater challenges in PUGs or join a bigger linkshell.

As for the "being carried *cough*" I don't know. At least you're being honest lol

Honesty is the best policy!
Come to Levi, can join my shell, social, but we do dabble in endgame a lot. You won't be carried, but we will show you the ropes, can learn how your favorite jobs are applied. I came back 6 months ago, from a 5 year break, and my shell mates have helped a ton in getting me caught up to speed.

I mean, they even let me ninja sometimes for lulz.
[+]
 Asura.Aedh
By Asura.Aedh 2020-07-01 19:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the input guys! I'm updating the game now and I'm really looking forward to being carrie*cough*, I mean, seeing you guys around Vana'diel! Thanks for the invitation Draugo, but I'm not ready to invest in a server transfer at the moment.

Sorry if it was just awkward, but the carry thing is just a dumb joke I make to cover for my insecurities, haha. I make the same joke in pretty much any game I play.