2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » the "i got screwed over" thread
the "i got screwed over" thread
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Shichishito 2020-06-26 18:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

share your stories on how you got screwed over in FFXI.
[+]
By Delagyela 2020-06-26 18:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I fought the law and the law won
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-26 18:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still subscribing. Someone do the math for 1 character from NA launch to now.
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2020-06-26 18:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 1/1 on DRing. Totally Screwed.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-26 18:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I'm still subscribing. Someone do the math for 1 character from NA launch to now.

Almost exactly 200 months $2,590 (ish) with no mules and no wardrobes
(30 day pay periods instead of months etc)

199 months 4 weeks
October 28, 2003 – June 26, 2020
[+]
By Xaander 2020-06-26 18:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the over/under on how this takes to become a player warning thread?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-26 18:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Xaander said: »
There is no under if it continues.
By Shichishito 2020-06-26 19:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

just don't name drop and it should be fine?
By Xaander 2020-06-26 19:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
just don't name drop and it should be fine?

I envy your trust in humanity.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-26 19:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Almost exactly 200 months $2,590 (ish) with no mules and no wardrobes...
They charge for that today?
By Shichishito 2020-06-26 19:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

once joined a party on sam. was back when it still took a while to get to a camp. equipment was average, nothing fancy like o.kote or jujitsu gi but i brought food and paid attention.
a couple minutes in some taru BLM casts warp II and i get kicked out without a word.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-26 20:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I attended vanilla Dynamis for three years straight, no questions asked, and had no problem passing currency every run in the rare event I got to lot monk relic armor against five other players, because I was told that currency was used to pay for the entry cost
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-26 20:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu once sold me Heroism Crystals for a fair price. Watch out for that guy.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-26 20:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I attended vanilla Dynamis for three years straight, no questions asked, and had no problem passing currency every run in the rare event I got to lot monk relic armor against five other players, because I was told that currency was used to pay for the entry cost

I genuinely feel bad for all the people who got conned back in the day like this. But... I was profiting from said con, so not "too bad".

The idea that you let people get away with "sponsored runs" for the privilege of fighting everything for them while fighting for mostly jank *** relic gear blows my mind. It still blows my mind to this day that that was just a thing. and no one had the balls to be like naw that's straight HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Like even one coin was worth more than 85/100 of the drops.

Hundreds of millions of gil or be 16th in line for rdm hat.... tough choice.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-26 20:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

no worries, he's on my radar.
[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2020-06-26 20:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh God, don't remind me of sponsored Dynamis runs, only when I joined an LS that sold the currency and split it amongst the group did I realise how truly screwed over I was.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
Server: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-06-26 20:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent a year slaving away in this real, real, real bad linkshell doing lv99 Dynamis and Legion. It was points based and we had about a 1/4 success rate at anything.

I had saved up a TON of points so that when Herja's Fork finally dropped I would win it straight out.

Jump to the run it finally dropped, it went to some thot that made her way in with the simp leaders. Booted anyone that lotted on it.

Linkshell promptly disbanded after that.

Wasted a lot of time with real bad players with little to nothing to show for it. I did at least get a Heshikiri-Hasebe uncontested cause they didn't realize how good it was. Pre-ilv version of Tsurumaru.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-26 20:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tydis said: »
Oh God, don't remind me of sponsored Dynamis runs, only when I joined an LS that sold the currency and split it amongst the group did I realise how truly screwed over I was.
i wasn't even aware there were shells that split the currency, every shell i knew was either
1. sponsor gets all currency
2. currency goes to LS bank which the leader and his close circle of firneds would eventually declare as their own 100$ of the time every time
3. it goes to some PLDs ochain or BRDs gajalahorn fund which was usually owned by a LS leader with the reasoning that it would benefit the LS the most.
[+]
By DononofSylph 2020-06-26 20:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Let a long-time, 3 year ish friend borrow my Kraken Club back in 2011? Back when SH+1 and Genie Weskit was the ***.

He said he would Dbox it back to me after leveling his club skill.

Never heard from him again.
[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2020-06-26 20:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tydis said: »
i wasn't even aware there were shells that split the currency, every shell i knew was either
1. sponsor gets all currency
2. currency goes to LS bank which the leader and his close circle of firneds would eventually declare as their own 100$ of the time every time
3. it goes to some PLDs ochain or BRDs gajalahorn fund which was usually owned by a LS leader with the reasoning that it would benefit the LS the most.
We had a bank that got split between LS members at the end of the month, perhaps we got lucky in that respect, we did end up having a pretty intense drama thread on this site when our old bank holder left and the new bank holder ran off with the bank.
By Shichishito 2020-06-26 20:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

wonder how JP handled that.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-06-26 21:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ya i was also on the con-train for doing dynamis for 3 years with little to show for it. meanwhile, my ls leader was working on his 5 relic weapon by the time i stopped going, i believe. dont get me wrong, i loved dynamis, but it was a rare thing i had any gil at all (was bad at farming, didnt have crafting). it would've been nice to have a split the currency ls.

also one sky ls i was supposed to get a payout but the leader didnt for whatever reason, so i stopped going iirc.

got into an rmt party as blm in cape terrigan i think? cant recall. they pulled and fought one mob then just stopped and told me to wait or w/e. after 10 mins of sitting around i d2'd half their part before i got booted. at least there was momentary justice.
By Draylo 2020-06-26 22:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Biggest for me was when they took a dump on anyone that owned an afterglow weapon. They made it something everyone could have and anyone that previously had one was quickly forgotten. So you spent all that time, money and energy for nothing. Even dumb fishing rods got a numbered system on who made them first etc but the original afterglow owners got screwed over real bad. Even on this site their progress was deleted, everyone who ever had an afterglow weapon is listed there now even though it wasn't the original weapon.

It was a big slap in the face that nobody complained about (except me a little) because nobody had one. SE made it so you only needed a single REMA upgrade item to upgrade the weapon but I knew that was worth ***when eventually everyone would easily complete the 10,000 requirement.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-26 22:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll never forget or forgive it!
By Quizzy 2020-06-26 23:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never lost a lot after rolling a 998. But if I did, I bet I'd be mad.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-06-26 23:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
I've never lost a lot after rolling a 998. But if I did, I bet I'd be mad.
I've seen 3 0's rolled in the last couple of weeks. i'm sure they were impressed. lol
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-06-27 00:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The time when I was up to lot on the ever so powerful RDM relic hat back when dynamis LS was the thing. Saw it drop in the last 3 minutes of the run and people were AFK.... Yup never did get the hat until years later when level caps increased.

...or there was the time when Ridill was cool and I finally got it only to be kicked from the LS later that day because I wasn't supposed to lot it lol.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-27 08:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who signed up at the end of the month before SE implemented rolling subscriptions.
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-27 10:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Missing life saving catastrophes and 300% TP Torcleavers :(
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-06-27 11:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zidaner said: »
The time when I was up to lot on the ever so powerful RDM relic hat back when dynamis LS was the thing. Saw it drop in the last 3 minutes of the run and people were AFK.... Yup never did get the hat until years later when level caps increased.

...or there was the time when Ridill was cool and I finally got it only to be kicked from the LS later that day because I wasn't supposed to lot it lol.

Yeah I can relate to the RDM hat ***. I ran with a shell for years only to lose the lot over and over because of *** point systems.

After Dynamis got changed, I went to Xarc on THF and the hat dropped in two kills.

I don't even recall all my emotions finally getting this drop but excitement wasn't one of them.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5