users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Came back after a two-yearish hiatus LFG
Came back after a two-yearish hiatus LFG
 Asura.Panasync
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Panasync 2020-06-26 09:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been about two to three years without seriously playing.

I've been slowly obtaining updates to set pieces, abut would really like to find a group I can basically be a support *** for. I have leveled COR and GEO, but am far off from having their sets and JP finished.

I would love to be a BRD *** to a decent group. I am in the process of doing my Marsyas, a group that could help would be a geat help as most things these days seem to merc only.

I'm reliable, willing to learn and take criticism if there are any groups willing to pick up a BRD I'll fill the position with pleasure and be open to becoming more and more skillful with the group.

If there is any interest please let me know in a message or here, I appreciate any and all replies.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-26 10:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Panasync said: »
Glassy Thinker would like to have a word with you.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-06-27 03:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
It's been about two to three years without seriously playing.

I've been slowly obtaining updates to set pieces, abut would really like to find a group I can basically be a support *** for. I have leveled COR and GEO, but am far off from having their sets and JP finished.

I would love to be a BRD *** to a decent group. I am in the process of doing my Marsyas, a group that could help would be a geat help as most things these days seem to merc only.

I'm reliable, willing to learn and take criticism if there are any groups willing to pick up a BRD I'll fill the position with pleasure and be open to becoming more and more skillful with the group.

If there is any interest please let me know in a message or here, I appreciate any and all replies.
With GEO and COR you should be able to enter into most groups or shouts. If you do go BRD, get yourself a Ghorn and JSE harp until you have access to empy harp, mythic dagger. Marsyas is what it is and the Aeonic climb is really touch and go since so many different set ups can be used. I would suggest just hopping on anything you have access to. And welcome back.

I actually have a fully upgraded master BRD with GHorn and Daurdabla, just have to work on the Aeonic, working slowly on the Carn, but while it's abilities would help greatfully, I think I could survive doing it last.

Appreciate the replies. I think I still have a piece or two of +3

Really appreciate the replies. Just after sitting in shouts most of the day it was like 6 people selling JP point parties, and didn't really see a shout for much else.

Regardless I'm going to plug away on filling gaps in sets.

Really appreciate the replies though, forgot how much I missed the game. Playing XIV any more was going to leave me with an aneurism.
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-06-27 14:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any places to go to try and find groups that wont disband within hours after joining these days? I don't expect to join the top end LS or anything, but at least something that doesn't crumble due to drama within 5 minutes of getting a pearl. In regards to looking for something, I was thinking along the lines of how XIV has r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT for raid groups.

Or is it is basically who you know and word of mouth like the old days?

EDIT: I think I found something in the Reddit Discord for recruitment, is that any good, or are there better alternatives?
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2020-06-27 14:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

100% this mostly atleast but always good to make new friends
[+]
By ksoze 2020-06-27 15:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

crumble due to drama

make the flashbacks stop..
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-06-27 15:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
100% this mostly atleast but always good to make new friends

Yeah, very true. I'll try finishing equipping first though, don't want to make a bad impression trying to join a shout and someone is like wtf who is this *** master BRD with only a GHorn and Dardaubla? It's like a BRD from 2008, no thx.

My lonely *** will stick to earning Gil doing salvage until I can be a tad more respectable.

Had I not sunken so much time into BRD, I'd probably have just switched to GEO so I could lazy buff, at least until I finish Carn.

Thanks for the reply, Lordofseven.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-06-27 17:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lioncourt said: »
You’ll be perfectly fine without Carn, pretty much for as long as you want. Many will expect you to have Marsyas though.

Yeah, I'm working on the beads as we speak, I really want to find a group to do it with though, I don't want to have to pay for everything.

I am perfectly ok with people selling stuff, but the ratio of people actually yelling for anything other than gear sales or mercs had me a tad discouraged.